Contribute
Register

[Guide] Booting the OS X installer on LAPTOPS with Clover

That's why I asked. Because, all things are new to me, it may also not be mentioned because the guide is about "boot osx with clover in laptops" not "install and manage osx in laptops".

Thanks
then you will need to read post 2

@RehabMan, I follow this guide, and create usb installer, install Mojave, but failed in last setp, "9. If everything goes well, you will finish up the installation process and arrive at the OS X desktop.", I can not arrive at the OS X desktop, before enter the desktop, my computer restarted, I tried many times, still can not arrive at the OS X desktop。 I do not meet any error before step 9.

What is the state of the art re FileVault 2 with the hotpatch install? Clover now includes drivers for UEFI-booting with FileVault 2, but none with a name indicating PS/2.
If it is possible to use FV2 on a probook, what drivers are required for internal and external (USB) keyboard?

@RehabMan, I follow this guide, and create usb installer, install Mojave, but failed in last setp, "9. If everything goes well, you will finish up the installation process and arrive at the OS X desktop.", I can not arrive at the OS X desktop, before enter the desktop, my computer restarted, I tried many times, still can not arrive at the OS X desktop。 I do not meet any error before step 9.

Please note that reboots during the installation process is normal.

First of all. Thanks for all the great work and info.

My laptop has DVMT-prealloc of 64MB so I want to disable or remove the 32MB patch as the guide suggests.
Can I dump some lines on the sample config.plist files you provide o should I better use Xcode to do it? Which is the way to use it? I opened the file in Xcode but I am not sure what to do in order to disable or remove the patch.

Background info here:

@RehabMan Nice guide sir, for new people like me.
I am gonna install HS on my laptop by following this.

MY QUESTION : If I follow this guide, I will not have to use MultiBeast, right?
Correct me if I am wrong. I am doing this for first time, so help needed...

Typically, there is not much in Multibeast that applies to laptops.

Back