Contribute
Register

[Guide] Booting the OS X installer on LAPTOPS with Clover

Ended up in a frame buffer kernel panic. Using fakeId 0x12345678 seemed to solve it.

As you should expect when DVMT-prealloc is likely set only to 32MB...

USBInjectAll.kext may be helpful for reaching the installer (and in post-install... see FAQ)

Probook 4740s, possibly other laptops:
It its possible to have the system installer on a partition (useful if the cat keeps stealing thumbdrives).

On an external USB3 disk I installed Clover Clover_v2.4k_r4458 and hotpatch (via system installed there), then manually removed SATA-100-series-unsupported.kext and USBInjectAll.kext from its (external) /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other.

Then, but not before, I could boot via external Clover into the external Recovery Partition, and into external Installer partitions (created via createinstallmedia for Sierra and High Sierra).

For what it's worth...

Probook 4740s, possibly other laptops:
It its possible to have the system installer on a partition (useful if the cat keeps stealing thumbdrives).

Seems like a question there but no '?'...
Yes... You can create a small partition on your main drive and use createinstallmedia to put the installer there.

On an external USB3 disk I installed Clover Clover_v2.4k_r4458 and hotpatch (via system installed there), then manually removed SATA-100-series-unsupported.kext and USBInjectAll.kext from its (external) /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other.

If you have a full hotpatch USB (ProBook or my other guides), you will need to include USBInjectAll.kext so that the UIAC.RMCF can have an effect.

The 4x40s does not use SATA-100-series-unsupported.kext, but no harm in leaving it in Clover/kexts/Other.

The (ProBook) guide's install_downloads.sh copies the required kexts to Clover/kexts/Other.

Seems like a question there but no '?'...

Thank you for the explanation!
Re: Question: Sorry, I should have been more clear. No question, just an observation that I didn't see mentioned before, for whom it may be of interest.

If you have a full hotpatch USB (ProBook or my other guides), you will need to include
USBInjectAll.kext so that the UIAC.RMCF can have an effect.

Boots just fine into System and Installer without it (HD plugged in the nearer left port, can't right now try other ports). :)
[High] Sierra + hotpatch on 4x40 is a robust combination. :)
Still good to know, should acquiring USB fail this will be the first place to look.

Boots just fine into System and Installer without it (HD plugged in the nearer left port, can't right now try other ports). :)

Yes, it works... because there is no applicable port limit when it comes to 7-series xHCI.
But the USB configuration is still "more correct" when booting the installer with it (portType and UsbConnector values are correct, ports that are not used are eliminated).

You should stick with the setup that install_downloads.sh leaves for you.

[GUIDE] Booting the OS X installer on LAPTOPS with Clover UEFI
upload_2018-5-27_18-48-9.png

For this step, how do we go to disk utility when the laptop we are trying to install macOS on doesn't have mac on it to begin with, while were on the install screen. This step is really confusing me.

For this step, how do we go to disk utility when the laptop we are trying to install macOS on doesn't have mac on it to begin with, while were on the install screen. This step is really confusing me.

Disk Utility is an option on the menu bar.

Hello, I tried to install 10.13.5 on my haswell based Fujitsu T904 but unfortunately the system failed to start.
I tried with OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi, then with OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi and finally with OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi. All ended in the same result.
Next thing I tried was ticking "FixHeaders" and MATS instead of DMAR; and finally MATS and DMAR together. All ended with the same result.
Please help me. Thanks in advance!!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    6.8 MB · Views: 105
  • KP.jpg
    KP.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 169
Hello, I tried to install 10.13.5 on my haswell based Fujitsu T904 but unfortunately the system failed to start.
I tried with OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi, then with OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi and finally with OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi. All ended in the same result.
Next thing I tried was ticking "FixHeaders" and MATS instead of DMAR; and finally MATS and DMAR together. All ended with the same result.
Please help me. Thanks in advance!!

"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete (failed to press F2 and F4 for misc/preboot.log and ACPI/origin/*)
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Back