Contribute
Register

[Guide] Booting the OS X installer on LAPTOPS with Clover

Hello again :)
Trying to install macOS Sierra 10.12.6 on Lenovo u430p /w discrete graphics;
Got garbled installer screen with working (and normal-looking) mouse pointer. Clicks seems to open topBar menus, etc.;
I've tried both config.plist: config_install.plist from discrete manual by RehabMan, and from this topic (config_HD4600_4400_4200.plist) with same result;
Tried https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/fix-resolve-boot-screen-garble.175799/ with no luck;
Open/closing lid does not help, as it helped here
Screenshot and clover config are in attachment

Attachments

• sierra.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 61
  • 2017-12-06 04.56.59.jpg
    2017-12-06 04.56.59.jpg
    173.5 KB · Views: 126
Got garbled installer screen with working (and normal-looking) mouse pointer. Clicks seems to open topBar menus, etc.;
I've tried both config.plist: config_install.plist from discrete manual by RehabMan, and from this topic (config_HD4600_4400_4200.plist) with same result;
Tried https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/fix-resolve-boot-screen-garble.175799/ with no luck;

As per guide, you need to enable CSM/legacy boot in BIOS.

Acer Aspire E5-575G i5 7200u 2.5GHz, m.2 SSD with DDR4
I'm trying to install sierra on this laptop since begin this year but no luck so far, please anybody help.

As per guide, you need to enable CSM/legacy boot in BIOS.
Yep, figured it out; But got another KP;
After all, settings which worked for me: CSM/Legacy Boot + discrete graphics disabled in BIOS + nv_disable=0;
Thanks for help :)

Press Functioning Key button on the keyboard + F1 key button then follow by pressing Space bar key button on the keyboard too, it will clear it and you will be able to continue installation of macOS Sierra! Good luck.

Yep, figured it out; But got another KP;
After all, settings which worked for me: CSM/Legacy Boot + discrete graphics disabled in BIOS + nv_disable=0;
Thanks for help :)

The guide recommends keeping discrete graphics enabled (the device will be disabled with ACPI via post-install ACPI setup) such that you can still use it in Windows.

Now you have the Clover bootloader on the USB, but you still need to configure it correctly.

The resulting drivers64UEFI should look something like this:
Is that means I should remove other efi?

Back