Contribute
Register

[Guide] Booting the OS X installer on LAPTOPS with Clover

Downloaded from Apple store, I moved it to the desktop. I've used a 16GB usb stick, I'm installing it as I write this :D

No need to move it.

Thanks a bunch, Rehabman for the extensive tutorial! I can get all the way to the installation page but I'm getting an error message to the effect of "this version of mac os 10.12 cannot be installed on this computer" when trying to install Sierra using the method in the first post. Any help would be much appreciated. I used the config.plist here https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Clover-Laptop-Config/blob/master/config_HD3000_1600x900.plist, since my screen is a 1080p one. I also included the FakeSMC.kext and NullCPUManagement.kext and the VoodooPS2Controller.kext off of the bitbucket site. I haven't done any tweaking of the settings outside of that.

My computer's specs are as follows:
Asus Q500A Intel Core i7 Ivy Bridge 3632QM, 4MB DDR3 RAM, Intel 3000 GMA

Thanks a bunch, Rehabman for the extensive tutorial! I can get all the way to the installation page but I'm getting an error message to the effect of "this version of mac os 10.12 cannot be installed on this computer" when trying to install Sierra using the method in the first post. Any help would be much appreciated. I used the config.plist here https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Clover-Laptop-Config/blob/master/config_HD3000_1600x900.plist, since my screen is a 1080p one. I also included the FakeSMC.kext and NullCPUManagement.kext and the VoodooPS2Controller.kext off of the bitbucket site. I haven't done any tweaking of the settings outside of that.

My computer's specs are as follows:
Asus Q500A Intel Core i7 Ivy Bridge 3632QM, 4MB DDR3 RAM, Intel 3000 GMA

Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

[GUIDE] Booting the OS X installer on LAPTOPS with Clover UEFI

Installing Kexts

You should install all kexts you need (including FakeSMC, VoodooPS2Controller, etc) to /System/Library/Extensions (/S/L/E) using a kext installer (such as Kext Wizard). Think carefully about "kexts you need". For example, if you needed HPRAIDInjector.kext for a SATA chip locked in RAID mode, you'll need to install it in order to boot (without it, the system would be unable to mount root and would get stuck early in the boot process).

Of course, essential kexts should be installed to EFI/Clover/kexts/Other as they are needed to boot the installer (during updates) or the recovery partition.

It is a mistake to install everything to Clover/kexts. Contrary to popular hackintosh myth, it does not result in a cleaner install (the opposite is true). Many kexts will not work from Clover/kexts, so installing them to /S/L/E where they can be included in kernel cache is the best approach.

People often ask me why I install kexts to /S/L/E (or /L/E on 10.11).

I have many reasons:
- placing them in /S/L/E (or /L/E on 10.11) and including in kernel cache, makes kextcache do a lot of error checking.
- if you develop kexts, error checking is very important!
- some kexts don't work from Clover/kexts (AppleHDA injector, CodecCommander, BrcmFirmware*)
- the idea behind Clover/kexts is to have a set of *stable* and *minimalistic* kexts that will allow booting of the installer/recovery, not full functionality
- so...the kexts there I tend to not update as often and the full set is not there (less unneeded kexts, less problems)
- placing kexts into kernel cache for day-to-day use is "more native" (as it would be on a real Mac) vs. injection (which is very non-Mac)

IMO, placing kexts in Clover/kexts for injection when not needed is like "flying blind." I don't know about you, but I would not board a plane with a blind pilot (no offense to the blind).

You might be wondering if this will result in duplicate kexts being loaded due to the kexts in EFI/Clover/kexts being injected when they are also installed to the system volume. The answer is no, not generally. With config.plist/SystemParameters/InjectKexts="Detect", kexts in EFI/Clover/kexts are not injected when FakeSMC.kext is in kernel cache. Because FakeSMC.kext is always a "kext you need", you will always install it to the system volume, which will put it in kernel cache. Kernel cache, of course, will not have FakeSMC.kext when booting the installer or recovery, so in these cases the kexts in EFI/Clover/kexts *will* be injected as you would expect.

Hi, which kext you have to install in S / L / E?

Hi, which kext you have to install in S / L / E?
all kexts should be installed to S/L/E or L/E
depends on your laptop

all kexts should be installed to S/L/E or L/E
depends on your laptop

MB: Clevo P65/P67SE

CPU: QuadCore Intel Core i7-4720HQ

Video Card: Intel HD Graphics 4600

Please help, I´m new on this

Hi, I just make my Unibeast for Sierra OSX, and I can´t install the system, I use the legacy clover on a laptop Dell Latitude E5510, The thing is when I run the Unibest y see the apple logo but when the bar is at the middle process stock and apear a fail logo

Clover 3766 (legacy mode)
Manufacture DELL
Bios A04
Processor Intel i5 M520 2.40GHz
Ram 8 GB
HD 250 gb
Video Intel GMA HD
Native Res 1366 x 768
Audio
controller IDT 92HD81

I try to install with the -x flag but I have no lucky, and when I use the -v flag reboot the system.
I´m new on this can anybody help me please.

Attachments

• IMG_6787.JPG
    IMG_6787.JPG
    68.6 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_6788.JPG
    IMG_6788.JPG
    55.9 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_6789.JPG
    IMG_6789.JPG
    78.5 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_6790.JPG
    IMG_6790.JPG
    104.4 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_6791.JPG
    IMG_6791.JPG
    96.1 KB · Views: 92
Please help, I´m new on this

Hi, I just make my Unibeast for Sierra OSX,

The guide does not use Unibeast.
Read post #1.
Make sure you pay attention to the "Arrandale" info...

Excuse me, in Sierra, a variety of APP can recognize ESP partitions, but cannot mount, USB2.0, or 3 install_osx that can recognize 1GPT, and cannot recognize FAT32+Install_osx's USB and WinPE's USB. I can load and edit partition content in WIN PE. However, the ESP partition can boot Sierra. How can I fix it so that this ESP partition can mount and edit it in Sierra?

Attachments

• disk.png
    disk.png
    712 KB · Views: 97
  • ESP.png
    ESP.png
    967 KB · Views: 97
Back