Contribute
Register

[Guide] Booting the OS X installer on LAPTOPS with Clover

Finally I installed OS X Yosemite on my Dell Vostro 3450 after changes DropOem, CStates/PStates to true in config.plist file. But installation from USB flash drive loads only on USB 3 port. Thanks RehabMan for instructions.

Now I have another question. In my system after installation not working audio, wifi, brightness, battery status. How to fix them? Maybe someone can help me with that and connect to my computer with teamviewer. Of course not for free, I pay for service.

Thanks.

I see, i did not know that. I have only selected the same files for clover but ai did not do config.plist and HFSaplus.efi and drivers64UEFI. By the way, to get into el capitan installation, I had to do the entire guide formatting my USB using UEFI GPT partition instead of legacy MBR. I so not understand why but UEFI seemed to work even though i have a legacy bios laptop.

Not possible to boot UEFI if your BIOS doesn't have it. Seems as if you're misinformed about your BIOS capabilities.

Also, I have yosemite installed with wifi but the graphics is very laggy and choppy like an old 1998 computer. I have a AMD R7 260X on my deaktop. I installed 2 kexts (forgot from where) and ai have full QECI and 1080p display. But the problem is the choppy GPU responsiveness. I managed to get smooth graphics working with full QECI and 1080p resolution but I forgot what boot flags I used. In insanelymac chat, a user told me to take out safe mode -x which I did and that time it worked perfectly, I just dont know what combination of boot flags made the desktop graphics work perfectly before. The desktop build was intel core i7 3930k AMD R7 260X and intel c606 chipset GA-X79S-UP5-WIFI Any guidance ?

Desktop build off-topic, irrelevant.

Post ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Also, post EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory, especially if you have an overabundance of themes installed.

Finally I installed OS X Yosemite on my Dell Vostro 3450 after changes DropOem, CStates/PStates to true in config.plist file. But installation from USB flash drive loads only on USB 3 port. Thanks RehabMan for instructions.

Now I have another question. In my system after installation not working audio, wifi, brightness, battery status. How to fix them?

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Maybe someone can help me with that and connect to my computer with teamviewer. Of course not for free, I pay for service.

Please read the rules (you already agreed to them): http://www.tonymacx86.com/faq.php

Hi,can you help me?
I have an asus k53sc,i boot normally in normal mode.
Now i want to boot with uefi but when i try this the boot doesn't start.
I search in many guide,but problably it's bad configured the bios 20160125_174444.jpgSchermata 2016-01-25 alle 17.40.41.png

Hi,can you help me?
I have an asus k53sc,i boot normally in normal mode.
Now i want to boot with uefi but when i try this the boot doesn't start.
I search in many guide,but problably it's bad configured the biosView attachment 173721View attachment 173720

You will need to be more specific about "boot doesn't start.".

Are you reaching Clover?
Did you install Clover in UEFI mode?

Yes,i use clover.
I install clover in the esp ,until now I have used clover with normal boot.
Now I have installed the uefi driver, like in picture,and I have added boot option in bios.
After I delete the normal boot option, for to be sure to boot in uefi
When I try to boot in uefi the the system doesn't find the boot disk
I think that I wrong the patch of the file name in bios,I don't know if Asus has a different format

Yes,i use clover.
I install clover in the esp ,until now I have used clover with normal boot.
Now I have installed the uefi driver, like in picture,and I have added boot option in bios.
After I delete the normal boot option, for to be sure to boot in uefi
When I try to boot in uefi the the system doesn't find the boot disk
I think that I wrong the patch of the file name in bios,I don't know if Asus has a different format

You should check your EFI partition to see that you have what you think you have in \EFI\BOOT\BOOTX64.EFI.

Note: Make sure your disk is partitioned GPT.

You should check your EFI partition to see that you have what you think you have in \EFI\BOOT\BOOTX64.EFI.

Note: Make sure your disk is partitioned GPT.

Yes,it's good
The only two things that I'm not sure are
1 if you look in the right upper corner of the bios picture you see that the filename it's different
2 in the bios I can't use caps

If I use "config_HD4000_1600x900" and have to use -xcpm do I need to make any other changes on the plist, for example in ACPI/SSDT and KernelAndKextPatches/KernelPm?

I never really understood why I have to use -xcpm with EliteBook 8570p as it has Ivy i7-3520M and 7-series QM77. I thought it's only needed with Haswell? If I strictly follow your guide and use for example "config_HD4000_1600x900" or "config_HD3000_1600x900_7series" when installing OS X, the fan does not spin at all and I guess there are no C/P-states in use. If I add -xcpm all works fine.

If I use "config_HD4000_1600x900" and have to use -xcpm do I need to make any other changes on the plist, for example in ACPI/SSDT and KernelAndKextPatches/KernelPm?

I never really understood why I have to use -xcpm with EliteBook 8570p as it has Ivy i7-3520M and 7-series QM77. I thought it's only needed with Haswell? If I strictly follow your guide and use for example "config_HD4000_1600x900" or "config_HD3000_1600x900_7series" when installing OS X, the fan does not spin at all and I guess there are no C/P-states in use. If I add -xcpm all works fine.

Your profile indicates you don't have HD4000. KernelPm=true is already selected in the plist you mention.

The fan behavior is driven from the ACPI patches you use, BIOS settings, and the CPU temperature.

Back