Contribute
Register

[Guide] Booting the OS X installer on LAPTOPS with Clover

From where did you download 10.10.3?

When I decompile these files, and I end up with DSDT and SSDT-1 through to 7... I have to make sure all of these files compile and run fine without warnings as best I can don't I? And include them all as Binary Machine Language into appropriate Clover folder? Or can I just do DSDT, and/or others... etc?

When I decompile these files, and I end up with DSDT and SSDT-1 through to 7... I have to make sure all of these files compile and run fine without warnings as best I can don't I? And include them all as Binary Machine Language into appropriate Clover folder? Or can I just do DSDT, and/or others... etc?

YES! I've spent the last 12 hours streamlining all 8 or 9 DSDT/SSDT files into a nice error free and warning free package... give or take about 12 or so warnings that I haven't figured out yet... and I'm getting successful boot each and every time without fail, it's way more stable...

But, still no graphics when I inject Intel, inject EDID, use Custom EDID, and Intel Backlight... I'll try the other backlight this time now that I'm actually getting a boot with no errors. If I turn the injection off, I get a boot 100% every time with custom DSDT/SSDT. :) Almost there.

YES! I've spent the last 12 hours streamlining all 8 or 9 DSDT/SSDT files into a nice error free and warning free package... give or take about 12 or so warnings that I haven't figured out yet... and I'm getting successful boot each and every time without fail, it's way more stable...

But, still no graphics when I inject Intel, inject EDID, use Custom EDID, and Intel Backlight... I'll try the other backlight this time now that I'm actually getting a boot with no errors. If I turn the injection off, I get a boot 100% every time with custom DSDT/SSDT. :) Almost there.

Sorry I was wrong, I don't get a boot 100% every time... I forgot I hadn't installed the bloody IntelBacklight.kext... as soon as I did it caused it to do exactly the same thing InjectIntel, InjectEDID use CustomEDID does on their own... No display. So I'm back to square one.

From the AppStore of course, on my working Yosemite Mackintosh.

10.10.3 is not available. Current version is 10.10.5 (and only if you previously downloaded it).

Otherwise, you need to download current El Capitan (10.11.3 currently).

Read the guide carefully. Warnings do not need to be fixed. The files you include in ACPI/patched will depend on the patches you're applying. It is all covered in the ACP patching guide.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-laptop-support/152573-guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.html

So now I have a fully messed up screen, with InjectIntel, InjectEDID, CustomEDID, ACPIBacklight, and Custom DSDT/SSDT...

I can actually control the brightness, but that's all I can see. LOL. It's actually allowing smooth brightness control, on a garbled pile of crap screen. But that's about all I get every single time. If I switch inject intel off ... it boots straight up. Must be something I've missed out or forgotten, I even just ran through the disable nVidia graphics on Dual Graphics Card Laptops tutorial... still no hardware accelerated graphics! Arggh! lol

Sorry I was wrong, I don't get a boot 100% every time... I forgot I hadn't installed the bloody IntelBacklight.kext... as soon as I did it caused it to do exactly the same thing InjectIntel, InjectEDID use CustomEDID does on their own... No display. So I'm back to square one.

Boot verbose, show photo. Post EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (remove themes).

Yeah I downloaded 10.10.3 over a year ago I think if I remember right... it's what I have installed on the desktop I'm using right now... didn't figure there was any point redownloading to 10.10.5 when I could just do a small update later? Or is this a stupid thing?

Last edited:
Yeah I downloaded 10.10.3 over a year ago I think if I remember right... it's what I have installed on the desktop I'm using right now... didn't figure there was any point redownloading to 10.10.5 when I could just do a small update later? Or is this a stupid thing?

10.10.3 should be fine. Read post #1776.

Overview

Preparing essential kexts

Remove EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.6, 10.7, 10.8, 10.9, 10.10, leaving just 'Other'

Copy essential kexts to the 'Other' directory (FakeSMC, VoodooPS2Controller). You only need the kexts that allow you to boot and operate the installer. Other kexts that you might use in the final installation can wait.

I always use my own versions of these kexts:
FakeSMC.kext: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-FakeSMC-kozlek
VoodooPS2Controller.kext: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Voodoo-PS2-Controller
GenericUSBXHCI.kext: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Generic-USB3

Note: Please READ the README at each link so you know where pre-built binaries are located. Copy only the kext to Clover/kexts/Other (usually the kext is found in the Release folder inside the ZIP).
i cant find kext files
should i compile them? I dont know how to extract kext file
this is what i see in the packages
15h_untitled.jpg

Back