Contribute
Register

[Guide] Booting the OS X installer on LAPTOPS with Clover

You mean that i can run hackintosh in laptop if i installed it through UniBeast?

Follow the guide in post #1. Unibeast is not involved.

Hi all!! first, thanks for this guide, that helped me very very much.

I wanna install Yosemite and i have read many time in internet, about how solve the early reboot for haswell cpu, but the answer is ever very very difficult, ssdt, dsdt, kernel... i dont know what is that. But this thread has been my salvation, i have follow all the guide and my laptop now dont restart!!! great!!

I write here again, why i have another problem, and i think that is with the HD 4600 or with the NVIDIA GTX 850M.

When i will start the installation, my screen is filled with stripes and i dont know why, i use the config_HD4600_4400_4200.plist.

My installation is in UEFI mode and the partition for the USB is MBR (with clover efi).

My Laptop is a MSI GE60 2PC, with the next hardware:

CPU: Intel Core I5-4210H Haswell-MB
GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4600 Haswell GT2 (integrated) / NVIDIA GTX 850M

HD: kingston ssd 120GB (Yosemite)
HD: Kingston HDD 1000GB (windows)
Motherboard: MSI MS-16GF
Audio: Realtek ALC892
Network:
- Atheros e2200 PCI-E Gigabit
- Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160 HMC

And that is what i can see (is the first screen for the installation).

20151221_201822.jpg

I think this is all information what i can say, but if someone wants to help me and need to know more, I'll tell you everything I can.

Sorry for my bad english...

Greetings!! and thanks!

Enable legacy boot/CSM in BIOS.

Thank you RehabMan!! i don't know why, but when i restart the screen, the image work good...

But i have a new problem now :lol:, the system don't boot...

I have 2 USB 8 GB, 1 with CLOVER UEFI and the another one with CLOVER LEGACY, the installation es perfect with, but when i will start the OS X, with UEFI the bios don't find the SSD (i tried with UEFI and UEFI with CSM, but is the same ever), and when i start the system in LEGACY mode, with the legacy USB, the system don't find any boot...

I used this guide for all, and i think that, i maked all good.

Thank you for all again, and sorry for my terrible english.

Greetings!!

EDIT: maybe i muss select the partition in the ssd in GPT? I will try.

Last edited:
Hi
in Disk Utility does not display the internal hard drive
Notebook Acer Aspire E5-772G
all the files in the attachment

Attachments

• F7ED13EFB61D7D3076250BC97B13508207A834323157AB432Cpimgpsh_fullsize_distr.jpg
    F7ED13EFB61D7D3076250BC97B13508207A834323157AB432Cpimgpsh_fullsize_distr.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 77
  • usb.zip
    514.9 KB · Views: 34
Perfect!! Hackintosh installed and i can boot (only with the usb).

The next question is, when i try boot with chimera, i have the same problem, early reboot (with the usb all is ok).

I have read a guide here, about how patch the kernel, but i have 2 partitions in my usb, and the guide dont say where i muss patch the kernel.

Code:
# in Terminal, assuming your USB is called Installercp /Volumes/Installer/System/Library/Kernels/kernel ~/Desktop/kernel_backup
cp /Volumes/Installer/System/Library/Kernels/kernel ~/Desktop/kernel
cd ~/Desktop
# now patch the kernel at ~/Desktop/kernel
perl -pi -e 's|\xe2\x00\x00\x00\x02\x00\x00\x00|\x00\x00\x00\x00\x02\x00\x00\x00|g' kernel
perl -pi -e 's|\xe2\x00\x00\x00\x4c\x00\x00\x00|\x00\x00\x00\x00\x4c\x00\x00\x00|g' kernel
perl -pi -e 's|\xe2\x00\x00\x00\x90\x01\x00\x00|\x00\x00\x00\x00\x90\x01\x00\x00|g' kernel
# patched kernel is now at ~/Desktop/kernel
sudo cp kernel /Volumes/Installer/System/Library/Kernels/kernel

My USB have 2 partitions "Install OS X Yosemite" and "CLOVER EFI", what i muss patch?

Again sorry for my bad english, and thank you very much!!

PD: for install the system good i have partitioned the SSD with 1 partition and GUID, i hope that can help ;)

Thank you RehabMan!! i don't know why, but when i restart the screen, the image work good...

But i have a new problem now :lol:, the system don't boot...

I have 2 USB 8 GB, 1 with CLOVER UEFI and the another one with CLOVER LEGACY, the installation es perfect with, but when i will start the OS X, with UEFI the bios don't find the SSD (i tried with UEFI and UEFI with CSM, but is the same ever), and when i start the system in LEGACY mode, with the legacy USB, the system don't find any boot...

I used this guide for all, and i think that, i maked all good.

Thank you for all again, and sorry for my terrible english.

Greetings!!

EDIT: maybe i muss select the partition in the ssd in GPT? I will try.

In order to boot directly to SSD, you must install Clover to the SSD.

Hi
in Disk Utility does not display the internal hard drive
Notebook Acer Aspire E5-772G
all the files in the attachment

Perhaps SATA is not in AHCI mode. Read relevant section in post #1 (regarding HPRAIDInjector.kext).

Perfect!! Hackintosh installed and i can boot (only with the usb).

The next question is, when i try boot with chimera, i have the same problem, early reboot (with the usb all is ok).

I have read a guide here, about how patch the kernel, but i have 2 partitions in my usb, and the guide dont say where i muss patch the kernel.

Code:
# in Terminal, assuming your USB is called Installercp /Volumes/Installer/System/Library/Kernels/kernel ~/Desktop/kernel_backup
cp /Volumes/Installer/System/Library/Kernels/kernel ~/Desktop/kernel
cd ~/Desktop
# now patch the kernel at ~/Desktop/kernel
perl -pi -e 's|\xe2\x00\x00\x00\x02\x00\x00\x00|\x00\x00\x00\x00\x02\x00\x00\x00|g' kernel
perl -pi -e 's|\xe2\x00\x00\x00\x4c\x00\x00\x00|\x00\x00\x00\x00\x4c\x00\x00\x00|g' kernel
perl -pi -e 's|\xe2\x00\x00\x00\x90\x01\x00\x00|\x00\x00\x00\x00\x90\x01\x00\x00|g' kernel
# patched kernel is now at ~/Desktop/kernel
sudo cp kernel /Volumes/Installer/System/Library/Kernels/kernel

My USB have 2 partitions "Install OS X Yosemite" and "CLOVER EFI", what i muss patch?

Again sorry for my bad english, and thank you very much!!

PD: for install the system good i have partitioned the SSD with 1 partition and GUID, i hope that can help ;)

No need for patching the kernel with Clover. This guide has nothing to do with Chimera.

Read post #1. Follow it carefully.

I tried driver and HP RAID Injector.kekst AHCIPortInjector.
It does not help (write 0x9c838086 in plist)
what else can I try?

Back