Contribute
Register

[Guide] Booting the OS X installer on LAPTOPS with Clover

Heya!

Thanks for the help so far Rehabman!

After a bunch of reboots it got installed! Damn it takes a while :D

Got clover installed on the HD,I put only fakesmc.kext on clover, put the hfs efi file there too, and of course the config file.

It boots, its damn fast (yay ssd :D), video resolution is full hd, and I got the realtek driver 8100 from the link on the guide and network works (weird enough, bluetooth works, but I use it for absolutely nothing :/)

So far so good.

The issues I encountered now (didnt research them on the forums yet, but if you have any pointers I'd appreciate that :D)
- device not recognized when I try to log to appstore
- no audio
- no wifi
- no hdmi display
- apple logo when booting starts fine, then goes garbled, status bar keeps working, just plain weird
- graphics glitches here and there (I figure tha QE/CI arent working, tried loading fakepciid and the related hd4400 fakepciid file too, but didnt actually reaaaad that guide completely).

Now off to read a lot of forum posts :D

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...de-booting-os-x-installer-laptops-clover.html

Hi!

Me and my friend tried to install Yosemite from AppStore with bootloader clover to a Acer Aspire 5943G but i wont even run from the usb... i dont even get to the Bootloader menu. is says "no bootable device".

can anyone help?

Hi!

Me and my friend tried to install Yosemite from AppStore with bootloader clover to a Acer Aspire 5943G but i wont even run from the usb... i dont even get to the Bootloader menu. is says "no bootable device".

can anyone help?

Make sure you created the USB correctly as described in post #1.

Also check BIOS:
- secure boot disabled
- boot from USB enabled
- UEFI boot enabled

Make sure you created the USB correctly as described in post #1.

Also check BIOS:
- secure boot disabled
- boot from USB enabled
- UEFI boot enabled

I did checked it and repeated the process more than 3 times.
and in the bios i dont have any of those options besides the Boot from usb one...

actually if i install just the clover bootloader ans in the link it actually runs the bootloader.
in the post#1 is says that in GPT i have to create just one partition but when i install the clover in he partition everything nice, but when i put the code from "createinstallmedia method" it erases the drive... and the clover isnt there anymore.. where have i gone wrong?

Can you explain better how to do a Bootable usb with clover in GPT? because in the guide i cant understand how to do it.

Can you explain better how to do a Bootable usb with clover in GPT? because in the guide i cant understand how to do it.

What don't you understand in post #1?

Note: Most of the time MBR for USB is a better choice.

Hi, so I've managed to install Yosemite and most things are working fine. But, one problem which is really annoying me is that my laptop keyboard stops responding. Sometimes it's ok, but other times it just stops responding without any reason. I've installed the your ps2 controller, but it hasn't made any difference.

Hi, so I've managed to install Yosemite and most things are working fine. But, one problem which is really annoying me is that my laptop keyboard stops responding. Sometimes it's ok, but other times it just stops responding without any reason. I've installed the your ps2 controller, but it hasn't made any difference.

Download patchmatic: https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-maciasl-patchmatic/downloads/RehabMan-patchmatic-2015-0107.zip
Extract the 'patchmatic' binary from the ZIP. Copy it to /usr/bin, such that you have the binary at /usr/bin/patchmatic.

In terminal,
Code:
if [ -d ~/Downloads/RehabMan ]; then rm -R ~/Downloads/RehabMan; fi
mkdir ~/Downloads/RehabMan
cd ~/Downloads/RehabMan
patchmatic -extract

Note: It is easier if you use copy/paste instead of typing the commands manually.

Post contents of Downloads/RehabMan directory (as ZIP).

Also, post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

And output from:
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc

Also, post EFI/Clover folder.

View attachment MacBook Pro.ioregView attachment CLOVER.zipView attachment RehabMan.zipView attachment kextstat|grep -y acpiplat%0A.pdf
Download patchmatic: https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-maciasl-patchmatic/downloads/RehabMan-patchmatic-2015-0107.zip
Extract the 'patchmatic' binary from the ZIP. Copy it to /usr/bin, such that you have the binary at /usr/bin/patchmatic.

In terminal,
Code:
if [ -d ~/Downloads/RehabMan ]; then rm -R ~/Downloads/RehabMan; fi
mkdir ~/Downloads/RehabMan
cd ~/Downloads/RehabMan
patchmatic -extract

Note: It is easier if you use copy/paste instead of typing the commands manually.

Post contents of Downloads/RehabMan directory (as ZIP).

Also, post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

And output from:
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc

Also, post EFI/Clover folder.

As requested.

Back