Contribute
Register

[Guide] Booting the OS X installer on LAPTOPS with Clover

Hi, need help here
What is this and how to bypass it?
thanks

It is your main BIOS menu. Choose "Boot Manager" to boot from devices other than default.

It is your main BIOS menu. Choose "Boot Manager" to boot from devices other than default.

No, i believe its not my BIOS menu. This screen showed up after my clover boot partition loads. And i can't continue into clover menu screen
Any help?

Hi RehabMan, I've read your guide (thanks for being really detailed), and did my best to follow it but I got stuck on the installer boot.

The text screen took almost 20 minutes to jump to the garbled apple logo one, and that took almost 40 to jump to the progress bar one, I waited for a hour before giving up.

I followed the guide taking the following steps

Partitioned my usb drive (16gb one, only one i have right now) on disk utility with a 300mb FAT32 partition and the rest on HPFS+J partition.
Downloaded clover from sourceforge (Clover_v2.3k_r3259.pkg).
Ran clover, selected the CLOVER EFI as the install target.
Followed the steps for Clover UEFI
Copied HFSPlus.efi to /EFI/Clover/drivers64UEFI
Removed EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.6, 10.7, 10.8, 10.9, 10.10, leaving just 'Other'

Copied the files from your repo to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other
FakeSMC.kext: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-FakeSMC-kozlek
VoodooPS2Controller.kext: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Voodoo-PS2-Controller
GenericUSBXHCI.kext: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Generic-USB3

Copied RealtekRTL8111.kext: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Realtek-Network to the same folder

Copied FakePCIID.kext, FakePCIID_HD4600_HD4400.kext too

Copied your config.plist for Intel HD4400 (https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Clover-Laptop-Config/blob/master/config_HD4600_4400_4200.plist) replacing the one on /EFI/Clover

Copied the install files using the createinstallmedia method (but didnt rename it thou)
sudo "/Applications/Install OS X Yosemite.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia" --volume /Volumes/install_osx --applicationpath "/Applications/Install OS X Yosemite.app" --nointeraction

Disabled secure boot on my BIOS (didnt disable VT-d because you said its disabled in your config.plist)

After booting the usb drive I got up to the point my poor crappy screenshots show, anything I missed or did wrong ?

Attached my EFI folder too (removed theme), and tried to put all the info you requested on my signature.

I you need any other info please let me know.

Meanwhile Ill be redownloading everything and starting from scratch.

View attachment efizip.zip IMG_2487.JPGIMG_2490.JPGIMG_2491.JPG

After redownloading/redoing everything I got from the text to the garbled mac logo faster (seconds), and got to the welcome screen on the setup, but graphics are still garbled (screenshot).

IMG_2492.JPG

No, i believe its not my BIOS menu. This screen showed up after my clover boot partition loads. And i can't continue into clover menu screen
Any help?

It is likely after your BIOS attempts to load your Clover, and fails...

Make sure you have done everything properly and have the correct BIOS settings.

After redownloading/redoing everything I got from the text to the garbled mac logo faster (seconds), and got to the welcome screen on the setup, but graphics are still garbled (screenshot).

View attachment 150180

Try with legacy boot both enabled and disabled. Also try closing the lid and re-opening it.

Worked like a charm with legacy mode on, I also had removed all extra kexts leaving only FakeSMC in.
Since it was really late here I left it for now, Ill try installing to the harddrive tonight.

Thanks for the help!

hi i need help installing Yosemite on Asus K73SV good if I have already installed but this team has 2 video cards one intel3000 and other nvida540M not and could enable Intel HD or NVIDIA if someone can help me sorry for my English : /

hi i need help installing Yosemite on Asus K73SV good if I have already installed but this team has 2 video cards one intel3000 and other nvida540M not and could enable Intel HD or NVIDIA if someone can help me sorry for my English : /

Follow guide in post #1.

Heya!

Thanks for the help so far Rehabman!

After a bunch of reboots it got installed! Damn it takes a while :D

Got clover installed on the HD,I put only fakesmc.kext on clover, put the hfs efi file there too, and of course the config file.

It boots, its damn fast (yay ssd :D), video resolution is full hd, and I got the realtek driver 8100 from the link on the guide and network works (weird enough, bluetooth works, but I use it for absolutely nothing :/)

So far so good.

The issues I encountered now (didnt research them on the forums yet, but if you have any pointers I'd appreciate that :D)
- device not recognized when I try to log to appstore
- no audio
- no wifi
- no hdmi display
- apple logo when booting starts fine, then goes garbled, status bar keeps working, just plain weird
- graphics glitches here and there (I figure tha QE/CI arent working, tried loading fakepciid and the related hd4400 fakepciid file too, but didnt actually reaaaad that guide completely).

Now off to read a lot of forum posts :D

Back