CPU
i7 4710HQ
Graphics
HD 4600/GTX 860M
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
When i try to run /dev/disk1 MBR, two partitions i get the error : Permission denied

im on an admin account and have checked the permissions, they say Admin in first column and staff in second, any clue as what to do ?

edit [FIXED]

Last edited:
Motherboard
Asus UX305FA
CPU
Intel Core M 5Y10
Graphics
Intel HD 5300, 1920x1080
Dear RehabMan,

thanks for your excellent guides!
I want to install Mojave on my Elitebook 820 G3 (Intel HD Graphics 520) according to your other guide (currently running Sierra). But there is one point that's not fully clear to me concerning DVMT and config.plist patches. You wrote:

If your laptop has DVMT-prealloc set as required (64MB or 128MB), you should disable or remove the 32MB patch. You will find such patches in config.plist/Devices/Properties/PciRoot(0)/Pci(0x02,0).

My BIOS settings include:
Advanced => Built-In Device Options => Video memory size = 64 MB

So I can disable the 32 MB patch. But what entries have to be removed?
I'm viewing your config_HD515_520_530_540.plist using Clover Configurator Pro (just found a note from RehabMan: DO NOT edit your config.plist with Clover Configurator) and also in vim. To make this posting simple I'll post the xml code, not a screenshot:

<key># DVMT-prealloc</key>
<string>32MB BIOS, 19MB framebuffer, 9MB cursor bytes (credit RehabMan)</string>
<key>framebuffer-patch-enable</key>
<integer>1</integer>
<key>framebuffer-stolenmem</key>
<data>AAAwAQ==</data>
<key>framebuffer-fbmem</key>
<data>AACQAA==</data>

Clover Configurator of course shows four equivalent key value pairs. Now the question:
Do I have to remove all four of those key value pairs? Or is it sufficient to change "framebuffer-patch-enable" to 0? Or do I have to remove even more entries in the config.plist?

Your previous config.plist I used had a different format that was clear to me. But I'd like to use your updated config.plist.

I would highly appreciate any hints about what to change in the config.plist!

Thanks a lot!

###############################
Edit:

After some more googleing I found two postings that probably answer my above question, so I want to share those links:
[Guide] Alternative to the minStolenSize patch with 32mb DVMT-prealloc
[Guide] Intel Framebuffer patching using WhateverGreen

From those posts I conclude (but not 100% sure yet - so no guarantee) that all of the above xml code can be deleted to remove the DVMT-prealloc patch. In a plist-editor this would mean to remove the four keys:
- # DVMT-prealloc
- framebuffer-patch-enable
- framebuffer-stolenmem
- framebuffer-fbmem
They are found in RehabMans config.plist (as of June 2019) under: config.plist/Devices/Properties/PciRoot(0)/Pci(0x02,0)

Last edited:
Motherboard
HP Probook 450 G1 (Clover)
CPU
Intel Core i5-4200M CPU @ 2.50GHz
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 4600, AMD Radeon HD 8750M (Switchable Graphics)
Can anyone point me to a guide where I can prepare my USB installation drive on Windows with Clover EFI partition. RehabMan?
Thanks

Feartech

Motherboard
Asus N752VX-Clover
CPU
i7-6700HQ / HM170
Graphics
HD530 + GTX 950m 1920 x 1080
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Can anyone point me to a guide where I can prepare my USB installation drive on Windows with Clover EFI partition. RehabMan?
Thanks
no, you need a mac or a working hack to create the installer

Motherboard
Asus UX305FA
CPU
Intel Core M 5Y10
Graphics
Intel HD 5300, 1920x1080
Thanks
When you already have a working installer it should be possible to copy missing files, like additional kexts, efi-driver or config.plist to the EFI-Partition of the USB stick (its FAT32). But for creating the installer a working macOS is obligatory.

If your laptop has DVMT-prealloc set as required (64MB or 128MB), you should disable or remove the 32MB patch. You will find such patches in config.plist/Devices/Properties/PciRoot(0)/Pci(0x02,0).
I have to say, this one last point was driving me nuts for the last 2 days.
I could install without issue, but after reboot I could only boot to safe mode `-x`. Anything else would see the attached screen shot.

Followed numerous guides all telling me pretty much the same thing, but the above was the icing on the cake.
If anyone is ever stuck. Check this option in the bios.

Attachments

Motherboard
lenovo 320 14ikb
CPU
i3 8100
Graphics
Could no reach the installer, I followed the guide for sierra and everything ok but with mojave I have this issueIMG_20190714_032935.jpg

Motherboard
DA0X61MB6G0 Rev G
CPU
i5-6200U
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 520
I'm pretty sure the 2nd post has 2 mistakes when referring to the clover boot into usb installation... I think the 1st time only is to USB then hard drive... right?