[Guide] Booting the OS X installer on LAPTOPS with Clover

Motherboard
HP ProOne 440 G4
CPU
i3-8100T/Q370
Graphics
UHD 630, 1920x1080
Thanks.
Desktop questions are off-topic in the laptop forum.
It's not desktop it is All in One, display connected LVDS, all components like laptops.
Did you make me wait a week to say this? It's not nice of you

Motherboard
Dell G7 15
CPU
i7-8750H
Graphics
UHD 630 + GTX 1060 1920x1080
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi RehabMan, as the guide states you indirectly recommend HFS+ as you say to format system partition when booted to usb installer to Mac OS Exteded (Journaled), so I wanted to know why is that your recommendation? I have read that boot time on APFS is kinda slow and I am feeling it but not sure if I should reinstall. Check my clover boot.log and tell why you go for one over the other because I'm looking to improving my like 1.5-2 mins boot time.
Thanks.

Last edited:

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
Core i7-2600K
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi RehabMan, as the guide states you indirectly recommend HFS+ as you say to format system partition when booted to usb installer to Mac OS Exteded (Journaled), so I wanted to know why is that your recommendation? I have read that boot time on APFS is kinda slow and I am feeling it but not sure if I should reinstall. Check my clover boot.log and tell why you go for one over the other because I'm looking to improving my like 1.5-2 mins boot time.
Thanks.
Nothing attached. And Off-topic anyway.

Motherboard
HP Pavilion dv6-6050se
CPU
i5-2410M
Graphics
HD 3000 + HD 6770M
Note: For Clover legacy, HFSPlus.efi is built-in (Clover legacy loads no drivers from drivers64UEFI anyway)

in Clover legacy i must copy my file into drivers64UEFI folder or drivers64 folder? my laptop cannot support uefi

Motherboard
Lenovo T440s laptop
CPU
1.6GHz Intel Core i5-4200U (dual-core, 3MB cache)
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 4400
SOLVED (See below)

This is my first time using your version of Clover. First of all, thank you for your work on this.

I am attempting to install Mojave on my Lenovo T440s using Sniki's guide (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-lenovo-thinkpad-t440s.244798/page-13#post-1823234). I followed your guide to create the Bootable USB, including the kexts recommended by Sniki for my hardware.

Mojave installs fine, and I have access to the desktop. My next step would be to start figuring out how to make work the few things not working yet (audio, etc.), but I am not being able to boot into my Mojave desktop without the Clover USB.
After installation, a ran Clover again and installed on the disk, as directed. I copied all the needed kexts (from the USB) to /Library/Extensions, and ran 'sudo kextcache -i /', but when I boot without the USB plugged in, I see the Clover boot menu, and when I select "Boot macOS from MacOSX" (MacOSX is my HDD partition) it shows the white apple for about a secod, and reboots again (loads BIOS screen).

I just checked and the same thing happens if I choose "Boot FileVault Prebooter from Preboot" or "Boot Recovery from Recovery". When I choose "Boot macOS Install Prebooter from Preboot", I get a Forbidden icon.

If I try to boot again with the USB connected, and I choose "Boot macOS from MacOSX", the laptop boots fine into my previous Mojave desktop.

Can you please provide some insight into what I am missing, or what I am doing wrong?

Thank you

F4

UPDATE: Never mind. I found a post with the solution (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-lenovo-thinkpad-t440s.244798/post-1915430), and that worked for me :) Thanks anyways.

Last edited: