Contribute
Register

[Guide] Booting the OS X installer on LAPTOPS with Clover

Stupid noob question - I went to download the kexts that rehabman lists - but do they all need to be compiled? Can you not download the compiled version?
maybe read further down the github page to the downloads section?

Yep did that but none the wiser. The zip files contain loads of files that look they they need to be compiled - rather than just a kext I can include on the clover install usb? Or am i missing something?

Hello everyone.

Can someone point me to right guide for this laptop:

HP Pavilion - 15-cs1xxx

Intel® Core™ i5-8265U (1.6 GHz, 1.8 GHz)

12 GB RAM

Intel® UHD Graphics 620

1 TB 5400 rpm SATA

Thank you

Clover screen has no MacOS install option. I'm confused by the references to Unibeast - I thought you either used Clover OR Unibeast? Not both.. at least, thats according to Tony's guide to installing on Laptops. And yes, HFS and APFS Efi drivers are there - although Clover setup the USB with 'drivers' not'drivers64EFI' - is this important?

Clover screen has no MacOS install option. I'm confused by the references to Unibeast - I thought you either used Clover OR Unibeast? Not both.. at least, thats according to Tony's guide to installing on Laptops. And yes, HFS and APFS Efi drivers are there - although Clover setup the USB with 'drivers' not'drivers64EFI' - is this important?
please do not cross post duplicates...

as mentioned in the other thread:
unibeast is a tool that installs clover to the efi partition and copies the macOS installer to the usb stick

also, zip and upload your clover folder

Ok thanks - have attached. Any advice would be welcome :)

Attachments

• clover.zip
    4.8 MB · Views: 54
Ok thanks - have attached. Any advice would be welcome :)
you haven't used a config.plist from the guide

GenericUSBXHCI.kext
ProBookAtheros.kext should be removed

Still not working - clover interface has changed but still only windows install options - no OSX?

Back