Contribute
Register

[Guide] Booting the OS X installer on LAPTOPS with Clover

Try different "aptio fix" solutions. Details in post #1.
Also, may be USB problem... read FAQ/etc regarding FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext. Make sure you try all USB ports. Make sure you're using a USB2 stick.

Yes, I already tired that but I found out that this notebook has the same problem I had with my ProBook 4540s: corrupted Intel ME so I need to reflash the BIOS via programmer but I don't have right screws so I will leave it like this. The Elitebook is not mine...Anyway, thanks for the advices and as always the BEST advice is: "Please read post #1 again."

@RehabMan

I use USB 2.0 480mb/s should be USB 2.0 i checked it even tho i said i used this exact same stick many times

EFI and issue is linked

Attachments

• EFI-3.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 62
  • DSC_0173.JPG
    DSC_0173.JPG
    4.8 MB · Views: 61
@RehabMan

I use USB 2.0 480mb/s should be USB 2.0 i checked it even tho i said i used this exact same stick many times

EFI and issue is linked

"Still waiting for root device"... indicates USB problem when booting from USB.
Try all USB ports.
Try without USBInjectAll.kext.

@RehabMan , i did but no difference also i have 4xUSB-ports: 2xleft and 2xright ... i cant boot with the left ones because i'm not able to go to bootoptions it freezes until i unplug the USB Stick so i load the right USB ports so then i tried when the USB error happens to plug usb out and in but nothing but if i plug in on the left side after the USB error it will continue loading!? shortly after the text keeps on going and disappears then i get a black screen bot no installer is showing. I have updated the Bios the latest already. Tried also the sleep wake+fn function but nothing. I have a second 8560p model which behaves the same way. I'm clueless now :| .

I try to recreate the Stick with Unibeast (i want Sierra because it's the most stable for me) and i will check my Bios settings again.

@RehabMan , i did but no difference also i have 4xUSB-ports: 2xleft and 2xright ... i cant boot with the left ones because i'm not able to go to bootoptions it freezes until i unplug the USB Stick so i load the right USB ports so then i tried when the USB error happens to plug usb out and in but nothing but if i plug in on the left side after the USB error it will continue loading!? shortly after the text keeps on going and disappears then i get a black screen bot no installer is showing. I have updated the Bios the latest already. Tried also the sleep wake+fn function but nothing. I have a second 8560p model which behaves the same way. I'm clueless now :| .

I try to recreate the Stick with Unibeast (i want Sierra because it's the most stable for me) and i will check my Bios settings again.
unibeast is mainly for desktop's the laptop guide doesn't use it

Don't forget to insure your BIOS is up-to-date.
Please note this guide does not use Unibeast.
Make sure you actually read post #1.

Don't forget to insure your BIOS is up-to-date.
Please note this guide does not use Unibeast.
Make sure you actually read post #1.
Bios is already up-to-date
I used the commands and installed clover after like in the guide too it's no different
I read post #1 more than 1 time.

I guess u guys can't help me asking me the most obvious questions over and over again. I'm not new to hackintosh but this is getting nowhere. If the most known guy with hackintosh won't help me properly I have to figure it out my self.

Back