Contribute
Register

[Guide] Booting the OS X installer on LAPTOPS with Clover

Well, this is actually a small form factor computer (NUC) and the bios indicates that there is only USB booting, and one internal HD (SSD). It boots fine from the USB, and when I ran disk utility, it only discovered one SSD drive, which was formatted as Journaled.
I see. I don't know much about NUCs but it seems problematic the computer is registering that many disks when only having two attached, which might be the source of the problem.

Hello, I want to ask, when the black apple is in use, there will be a short "hot wheel" when the software is opened. Is it because I have a problem with the clover configuration?

Hi all, super newbie here. I’m attempting to prepare Clover to install on a NUC, following RehabMan’s guide. I’m at the point where I am copying kext files, but even after reading the read me file and the release notes first, I am unable to locate them. Must these files end in .kext? Or can they end in other ways? For example, for FakSMC, there is a folder inside the extracted zip folder called fakesmc, but inside there are no files with .kext. For example, one has .h, another .cpp.

Any help appreciated.

Never mind, I think I figured it out. I was downloading files on github instead of on bitbucket.

First of all. Thanks for all the great work and info.

My laptop has DVMT-prealloc of 64MB so I want to disable or remove the 32MB patch as the guide suggests.
Can I dump some lines on the sample config.plist files you provide o should I better use Xcode to do it? Which is the way to use it? I opened the file in Xcode but I am not sure what to do in order to disable or remove the patch.

My English is not good, I translated it in Chinese. I describe it again: the notebook mac OS 14.2 in use, open the software computer will be a little card, the mouse will rotate for 10 seconds! This is my clover optimization problem or the notebook is like this.

Last edited:
install screen is broken

A3C2B24F-E27D-4E22-9E48-E3ED5908DE13.JPG

CPU : I5 4300M
GPU : Intel HD4600
laptop : Lenovo T440p

How can i fix it?

attatched plist file

thanks

Attachments

• config.plist
    12.9 KB · Views: 109
@RehabMan Nice guide sir, for new people like me.
I am gonna install HS on my laptop by following this.

MY QUESTION : If I follow this guide, I will not have to use MultiBeast, right?
Correct me if I am wrong. I am doing this for first time, so help needed...

@RehabMan Nice guide sir, for new people like me.
I am gonna install HS on my laptop by following this.

MY QUESTION : If I follow this guide, I will not have to use MultiBeast, right?
Correct me if I am wrong. I am doing this for first time, so help needed...
the laptop guide makes no mention of using multibeast, if you had read the guide, you would have already known this

the laptop guide makes no mention of using multibeast, if you had read the guide, you would have already known this

That's why I asked. Because, all things are new to me, it may also not be mentioned because the guide is about "boot osx with clover in laptops" not "install and manage osx in laptops".

Thanks

Back