Contribute
Register

[Guide] Booting the OS X installer on LAPTOPS with Clover

Thanks for this guide! @RehabMan

I was looking at the config.plist hd515-520-530-540 in the repository.

I see that in droptables xh_rvp10 is being dropped.
Would you mind explaining the full reasoning behind it?
just for me to understand, develop knowledge instead of just blindly copying.
In my laptop xh_rvp10 does not exist but I have xh_rvp07, so I assume I had to change it to that.
With my limited understanding: having a look at this this table , seems like it has to do with USB definitions.
Thanks in advance.

Code:
        <key>DropTables</key>

<array>
            <dict>
                <key>Signature</key>
                <string>SSDT</string>
                <key>TableId</key>
                <string>xh_rvp10</string>
            </dict>

@RehabMan asking it here as it didn't seem much of an issue to start a new thread,

CLOVER is unable to initialize in absence of EmuVariableUEFI. Tried with both OSXAptioFix and AptioFixPkg, results are same.

If I remove EmuVariableUEFI, it gets stuck forever at initializing screen, I don't even get the CLOVER UI, just my OEM logo.

If I put it back, everything works fine (but not native NVRAM)

Can you provide any insights on this?

Regards
No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

I see that in droptables xh_rvp10 is being dropped.
Would you mind explaining the full reasoning behind it?

That particular SSDT has been known to cause KP in the XHCI kexts.

In my laptop xh_rvp10 does not exist but I have xh_rvp07, so I assume I had to change it to that.

Bad assumption. If you have no issue keeping the SSDT, don't drop it.

Installing to the HDD/SSD after installation is very similar to installing to the USB, except that the install target will be your macOS/OS X system volume. Refer back to this section when you get to that stage.

I was following this guide and a doubt cross my mind. Supposly I have to install Clover in HDD/SDD, why is this? if when I'll boot up and install macOS in the ssd will rewrite clover isn't?

I was following this guide and a doubt cross my mind. Supposly I have to install Clover in HDD/SDD, why is this? if when I'll boot up and install macOS in the ssd will rewrite clover isn't?
you need to install clover to the hard drive after you have installed macOS so the laptop can boot up without the need for a usb stick

when you install clover, it installs to the EFI partition on the hard drive

I have completed all the step and my Hackintosh sierra is working great but when I plug or unplug the charger, press f11 or f12 key it got a freeze.
My laptop specification is
Dell Vostro 3568
8gb ram DDR4
2gb graphics card AMD
i5 7th gen

I have completed all the step and my Hackintosh sierra is working great but when I plug or unplug the charger, press f11 or f12 key it got a freeze.
My laptop specification is
Dell Vostro 3568
8gb ram DDR4
2gb graphics card AMD
i5 7th gen
No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Also, your profile has no hardware details. Please fix as per FAQ. Before your next reply.

Hi guys!

I want to create the boot USB on a Mojave 10.14.2 and can't use Rehabmans Clover because the package installer fails. I should say that I'm very new in this MacOS world so maybe I'm overlooking something simple. Is there a workaround for this or should I go with official Clover?

I tried going with this from Rehabmans Bitbucket: Clover_v2.4k_r4701.RM-4963.ca6cca7c.zip

I want to create the boot USB on a Mojave 10.14.2 and can't use Rehabmans Clover because the package installer fails.

You will need to provide details.

Hello I used to run El Capitan on my Probook HP 4530s, the hard drive simply failed and I have installed a brand new SSD.
So I am trying to install Sierra on my laptop.
I have created a USB 2.0 key with one partition EFI, and installed the installer on the other Mac HFS+ partition.
I have used this guide : https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...book-zbook-using-clover-uefi-hotpatch.261719/
And for the USB this: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/
I have used this config file renamed config.plist which I think is suitable for my system:
config_HD3000_1366x768

When I see the apple logo I then get a no entry sign straight away

I have used different config files the one that gets me the furthest is an old config files used to boot Yosemite on my laptop (still no success I get to grey screen and beachball, so I can't get to the Sierra installer)

I have attached a screen capture and mi EFI folder. What am I doing wrong? Hope somebody can help!

Attachments

• 48392215_652478561849711_111522248929574912_n.jpg
    48392215_652478561849711_111522248929574912_n.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 49
  • CLOVER EFI.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 59
Back