Contribute
Register

[Guide] Booting the OS X installer on LAPTOPS with Clover

Makes sense. Although I’ll stick with your SSDT-SATA + SAT0 -> SATA patch for my repo since everything is handled by automated scripts anyway.

One problem with not installing the kext, is that you might not be able to boot your main partition from a USB installer. Because in that scenario, you won't have SSDT-SATA (and required rename in config.plist) and you will have FakeSMC.kext installed, which means kexts in Clover/kexts/Other will NOT be injected. This leaves you in a state without either fix.

Hi, I am an absolute beginner with Clover / Hackintosh. I have created a usb bootable drive using the install mac os utility from command line. I can boot from it, but it does not propose me macOs as an install option (I am only offered the opportunity to boot Ubuntu). What can prevent Clover frol proposing the masOS installation option?

Hi, I am an absolute beginner with Clover / Hackintosh. I have created a usb bootable drive using the install mac os utility from command line. I can boot from it, but it does not propose me macOs as an install option (I am only offered the opportunity to boot Ubuntu). What can prevent Clover frol proposing the masOS installation option?

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Also, please fix your profile as per FAQ (it is missing important details that are clearly requested in the FAQ).

So, this evening I am at the end of Ideas and getting really frustrated.

I felt like trying everything and nothing works.
At the moment I get only the "error codes" in the Picture.

OsxAptioFixDrv: Starting overrides for /.IABootFiles/boot.efi
Using reloc block: yes, hibernate wake: no
+++++++++++++++++++++++++

But I also got (very often) End Randomseed...

I followed this guide (and also tried other Guides for Devices with the same CPU & internal GPU) but nothing works. I tried MBR & GPT Formatting and also all Types of OsxAptioFixDrv & AptioMemoryFix.
The config.plist I am using is the one mentioned here for my Intel HD5500 GPU.
A Question for the GPU: Do I need to do something for the DVMT-Prealloc-"Thing" because the patch is already in the config.plist and normally it should work out of the box?
Windows 10 is showing 128MB of dedicated video memory but when I understood it correctly, that fact isn't reliable?

I have Hackintosh running on a Desktop Tower without any Problems and would love to have it also on my Laptop.
It would be awesome if someone could guide me in the right direction.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    3.7 MB · Views: 65
  • WhatsApp Image 2018-09-17 at 19.50.34.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2018-09-17 at 19.50.34.jpeg
    61.4 KB · Views: 63
So, this evening I am at the end of Ideas and getting really frustrated.

I felt like trying everything and nothing works.
At the moment I get only the "error codes" in the Picture.

OsxAptioFixDrv: Starting overrides for /.IABootFiles/boot.efi
Using reloc block: yes, hibernate wake: no
+++++++++++++++++++++++++

But I also got (very often) End Randomseed...

I followed this guide (and also tried other Guides for Devices with the same CPU & internal GPU) but nothing works. I tried MBR & GPT Formatting and also all Types of OsxAptioFixDrv & AptioMemoryFix.
The config.plist I am using is the one mentioned here for my Intel HD5500 GPU.
A Question for the GPU: Do I need to do something for the DVMT-Prealloc-"Thing" because the patch is already in the config.plist and normally it should work out of the box?
Windows 10 is showing 128MB of dedicated video memory but when I understood it correctly, that fact isn't reliable?

I have Hackintosh running on a Desktop Tower without any Problems and would love to have it also on my Laptop.
It would be awesome if someone could guide me in the right direction.

Are you using a USB2 stick as per guide?
Also, you should check your BIOS settings. Make sure certain security options (eg. TPM) are disabled.

ACPIBatteryManager.kext should not be in Clover/kexts/Other.

You forgot to press F2 and F4. Make sure you read "Problem Reporting" requirements in the FAQ carefully next time.

Wooah something happens now! Thanks.
I tried another USB Stick and deleted the unneeded kext.

But now I am running into Panic, already tried to change the BIOS Settings (UEFI only/Both with CSM on/off; USB3 disabled/enabled with USB2.0 Stick)

I have uploaded the Clover (with pressing F2 + F4 sorry that I forget it last time), the panic screen and the screen shortly before panic came there were some more lines but they came to fast to capture it. If it helps I could also try to record the screen but I guess thats what the preboot.log is for..

Thank you so much for your great help!!

EDIT: Got another Question: On my SSD where I want to install MacOS (would break after the restart and disable afsp in terminal) is Windows installed right now, but that shouldn't make the problems? I would format it with the "disk utility" from the installer, correct?

EDIT2: The "windows Hibernate" picture is what I meant. Do i have to format my drive before installing?

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    3.8 MB · Views: 88
  • before panic.jpg
    before panic.jpg
    7.5 MB · Views: 92
  • Panic.jpg
    Panic.jpg
    5.7 MB · Views: 93
  • windows Hibernate.jpg
    windows Hibernate.jpg
    406.2 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
Wooah something happens now! Thanks.
I tried another USB Stick and deleted the unneeded kext.

But now I am running into Panic, already tried to change the BIOS Settings (UEFI only/Both with CSM on/off; USB3 disabled/enabled with USB2.0 Stick)

I have uploaded the Clover (with pressing F2 + F4 sorry that I forget it last time), the panic screen and the screen shortly before panic came there were some more lines but they came to fast to capture it. If it helps I could also try to record the screen but I guess thats what the preboot.log is for..

Thank you so much for your great help!!

EDIT: Got another Question: On my SSD where I want to install MacOS (would break after the restart and disable afsp in terminal) is Windows installed right now, but that shouldn't make the problems? I would format it with the "disk utility" from the installer, correct?

EDIT2: The "windows Hibernate" picture is what I meant. Do i have to format my drive before installing?

Probably DVMT-prealloc related KP.
Use invalid ig-platform-id as temporary workaround as suggested in the guide.

There is info regarding existing Windows installs in the FAQ:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Awesome! That works.
Ive read the guide multiple times but I can't connect the current problems with the solutions for the different cases. Sorry..

I have one (hopefully) last question with this part from the guide:

Once you are able to boot with the invalid ig-platform-id, rebuild cache, then boot normally with your intended ig-platform-id.

You can rebuild cache in Terminal:
Code (Text):

sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Or shorthand in 10.11+
Code (Text):

sudo kextcache -i /

How can I do this or more precisely when? In the Installer screen I can't execute the commands or do I have to change my ig-platform-id after the installation when I have booted successfully to the Desktop?

Awesome! That works.
Ive read the guide multiple times but I can't connect the current problems with the solutions for the different cases. Sorry..

ig-platform-id can be changed at config.plist/Graphics/ig-platform-id or via the Clover GUI (Options->Graphics Injector).

I have one (hopefully) last question with this part from the guide:

Once you are able to boot with the invalid ig-platform-id, rebuild cache, then boot normally with your intended ig-platform-id.

You can rebuild cache in Terminal:
Code (Text):

sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Or shorthand in 10.11+
Code (Text):

sudo kextcache -i /

How can I do this or more precisely when? In the Installer screen I can't execute the commands or do I have to change my ig-platform-id after the installation when I have booted successfully to the Desktop?

Those are post-install steps, not part of using the installer.
Use invalid ig-platform-id until you get the system installed.

Thanks RehabMan! You're awesome!!! :D:D:D

I need to change my WIFI Chip for WIFI & Bluetooth, but everything but the Screen Brightness works perfectly and I think I get that running too with a bit of testing and experimenting.

Back