Contribute
Register

[Guide] Booting the OS X installer on LAPTOPS with Clover

Hey Man thanks for the help, Am having issues with my display, its not really sharp. I want the retina display on my laptop like the one on Mac-book pro. Also my brightness adjustment is not working.

Can I get this resolution: 2880x1800.

Thanks

Hey Man thanks for the help, Am having issues with my display, its not really sharp. I want the retina display on my laptop like the one on Mac-book pro. Also my brightness adjustment is not working.

Can I get this resolution: 2880x1800.

Thanks

Your profile indicates your internal laptop resolution is 1920x1080.
Therefore, retina/2880x1800 is impossible.

Thanks.
1, Is they a way to change the internal laptop resolution to support retina?
2, With a native 4k laptop, can I get retina display?
also how can I fix the brightness.

Many thanks

Hmm interesting. One last question with an external 4k monitor, will I get retina display?

Hmm interesting. One last question with an external 4k monitor, will I get retina display?

It would obviously depend on the size of the monitor (small enough monitor with high enough resolution, appropriate distance from eyes to monitor).
Note also that "Retina" is an Apple marketing term, not a technical term.

I do follow you to make a USB installer but I meet a problem. Clover is booted but it's lagging and delay when I switch other functions. I choose an installing function and press enter (the mouse is displayed but I cannot use it). Waiting a minute, a logo appears but my laptop reboot after that. Can you help me to check my clover? I do not know where I'm wrong. Thanks.
My specs are in Report.txt.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    4 MB · Views: 86
  • Report.txt
    534.9 KB · Views: 730
I do follow you to make a USB installer but I meet a problem. Clover is booted but it's lagging and delay when I switch other functions. I choose an installing function and press enter (the mouse is displayed but I cannot use it). Waiting a minute, a logo appears but my laptop reboot after that. Can you help me to check my clover? I do not know where I'm wrong. Thanks.
My specs are in Report.txt.

Your profile is not filled out with laptop hardware details as per FAQ. Please fix:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Your config.plist is not per guide.
Neither is drivers64UFI.

Read the guide carefully... (especially regarding DVMT-prealloc and use of invalid ig-platform-id).

Back