Contribute
Register

[Guide] Booting the OS X installer on LAPTOPS with Clover

hi, Rehabman, I just got a new HP spectre X360 laptop with i5-8250U cpu. Now I encountered something quite strange. I can boot my High Sierra fine from my USB disk, however when I try to boot from the internal HD, it always stuck on OSXaptioFixDrv. I am using the same version of Clover on both USB and internal EFI, and I have tried many versions without luck (right now I am on your 4359 release). I also tried different version of OSXaptioFixDrv, they seem fine with USB, however when I use the internal disk to boot, they all halted there. Any idea why? Thanks!!

"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Hi, Rehabman, here is the EFI folder required. Not sure why it works with USB but not internal hard disk.

Attachments

• 照片 2017-12-15 22 58 33.jpg
    照片 2017-12-15 22 58 33.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 86
  • EFI.zip
    10.2 MB · Views: 72
DDCA8B05-4FA6-4F29-BE92-129505AFC98C.jpeg
81D24713-75C4-42D5-9A89-21FDA7FC70A9.jpeg DDCA8B05-4FA6-4F29-BE92-129505AFC98C.jpeg
81D24713-75C4-42D5-9A89-21FDA7FC70A9.jpeg
hello, according to #1, when i got github , couldn't find fakesmc.kext, should i compile all the code with Xcode to get what i need, which i think is a huge chanllenge, SOS

by the way

HP laptop, i5 7300 hq nvidia 1050ti samsang hd 120G

Yes, got all the files, but another situation came up in the installation, it stuck somewhere , details in attachments

Also, when I tried switching off legacy boot in bios, my laptop couldn’t start from usb, so I guess I shoul use clover legacy?

sorry Rehabman, I uploaded a completely wrong zip file. Here is the file that I intended to upload earlier.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    8.6 MB · Views: 85
Hi, Rehabman, sorry about that, my fault. Here is the Clover with F2 and F4. Thanks!

Attachments

• CLOVER 2.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 84
Hi, Rehabman, sorry about that, my fault. Here is the Clover with F2 and F4. Thanks!

EFI/Clover/kexts/Other is not per guide.
More is not better.
Verbose boot photo is missing.
Fix Clover/kexts/Other, then if there is an issue, read "problem reporting" carefully.
You don't need FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext for installation, but you will post install. Keep in mind FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext does nothing without FakePCIID.kext.

EFI/Clover/kexts/Other is not per guide.
More is not better.
Verbose boot photo is missing.
Fix Clover/kexts/Other, then if there is an issue, read "problem reporting" carefully.
You don't need FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext for installation, but you will post install. Keep in mind FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext does nothing without FakePCIID.kext.

I am not sure if kext is related at all because I am not able to pass the very early stage. I never see any kext being loaded here. The photo was in an earlier reply and i am attaching it again here. This should be related to Osxaptiofixdrv.efi ? I have exactly the same clover on my USB and it boots just fine.

Attachments

• DACAE972-EFAC-4B5F-BEBF-B832C5011A91.jpeg
    DACAE972-EFAC-4B5F-BEBF-B832C5011A91.jpeg
    435.1 KB · Views: 92
I am not sure if kext is related at all because I am not able to pass the very early stage. I never see any kext being loaded here. The photo was in an earlier reply and i am attaching it again here. This should be related to Osxaptiofixdrv.efi ? I have exactly the same clover on my USB and it boots just fine.

Open a separate thread. It is impossible to know even which laptop you're referring to.

Back