Contribute
Register

[Guide] Booting the OS X installer on LAPTOPS with Clover

Need help to create USB installer for Dell Vostro 3468 i3-7100U, Intel HD 620

I get stuck at final of booting sierra 10.12.5 USB installer (use create install media in Terminal, install Clover 4077, add FakeSMC.kext; VoodooPS2Controller.kext; FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext; FakePCIID.kext; modify config.plist as pictures below) but when I get to welcome install screen (I guess that because it reached the end of slide bar below the apple), I can move my mouse but the screen is dark. It stuck there and nothing happens.

Please help me or give me some links.
Thanks in advance.View attachment 260978 View attachment 260979 View attachment 260980 View attachment 260981

Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

But maybe you forgot Lilu.kext + IntelGraphicsFixup.kext as per this thread:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/readme-common-some-unsolved-problems-in-10-12-sierra.202316/

Thank RehabMan,

I've already got Lilu.kext + IntelGraphicsFixup.kext in my first try (just forgot to type it).
I changed config.plist as file included below and I can boot installer.
But something still wrong.
I can install to Sierra partition, do copy to the end until it auto restart.
After reboot, installer said it cannot mount/unmount Sierra partition (Clover OK). I can delete this partition to start over but I can't delete entire HDD. My HDD has 5 partition: EFI (500Mb), Win10; Win10 Recovery (497Mb); Sierra; Data (NTFS); Win10 operates normally.
Please see the pictures and give me some hints.

Thank you very much.
IMG_20170613_210550.jpg
IMG_20170613_210851.jpg
IMG_20170613_211131.jpg

Attachments

• config.plist
    34.6 KB · Views: 241
Thank RehabMan,

I've already got Lilu.kext + IntelGraphicsFixup.kext in my first try (just forgot to type it).
I changed config.plist as file included below and I can boot installer.
But something still wrong.
I can install to Sierra partition, do copy to the end until it auto restart.
After reboot, installer said it cannot mount/unmount Sierra partition (Clover OK). I can delete this partition to start over but I can't delete entire HDD. My HDD has 5 partition: EFI (500Mb), Win10; Win10 Recovery (497Mb); Sierra; Data (NTFS); Win10 operates normally.
Please see the pictures and give me some hints.

Thank you very much.View attachment 261164 View attachment 261165 View attachment 261166

Repartition your drive so that macOS partition is first.
Install Windows later...
See guide for important dual boot info (post #2).

I have a 10.12.3 USB installer which was made by Unibeast and used back when I hackintoshed my Desktop PC. Since I don't have a mac as of now (used my gfs mac back then and I wont see her anytime soon), my question is if I can use that same USB stick and replace the original config.plist with the one provided by you along with the appropiate kexts required for the laptop installation, would this be possible?

I would use my desktop hack, but I had to fresh install windows due to corrupting the efi partition.

Thanks.

Need help to create USB installer for Dell Vostro 3468 i3-7100U, Intel HD 620

I get stuck at final of booting sierra 10.12.5 USB installer (use create install media in Terminal, install Clover 4077, add FakeSMC.kext; VoodooPS2Controller.kext; FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext; FakePCIID.kext; modify config.plist as pictures below) but when I get to welcome install screen (I guess that because it reached the end of slide bar below the apple), I can move my mouse but the screen is dark. It stuck there and nothing happens.

Please help me or give me some links.
Thanks in advance.View attachment 260978 View attachment 260979 View attachment 260980 View attachment 260981
Chamge your mac book version from clover config. To 14.1 and newer

I have a 10.12.3 USB installer which was made by Unibeast and used back when I hackintoshed my Desktop PC. Since I don't have a mac as of now (used my gfs mac back then and I wont see her anytime soon), my question is if I can use that same USB stick and replace the original config.plist with the one provided by you along with the appropiate kexts required for the laptop installation, would this be possible?

I would use my desktop hack, but I had to fresh install windows due to corrupting the efi partition.

Thanks.

Configure Clover as per post #1.

Configure Clover as per post #1.

Ya that's what I meant, as long as I replace the files and add the appropiate kexts into the USB stick it really makes no difference between doing the whole procedure via terminal as specified in the guide than with Unibeast, correct? I would by all means do the whole thing if I had a macOS standing next to me right now but I don't.

Ya that's what I meant, as long as I replace the files and add the appropiate kexts into the USB stick it really makes no difference between doing the whole procedure via terminal as specified in the guide than with Unibeast, correct? I would by all means do the whole thing if I had a macOS standing next to me right now but I don't.

As long as the content on "CLOVER EFI" partition (or EFI) is correct, then you should be able to proceed.

As long as the content on "CLOVER EFI" partition (or EFI) is correct, then you should be able to proceed.

I did proceed but didn't quite get that far-

Swapped the config.plist with the one provided by you and installed the proper kexts to efi/kexts/other. If I understood correctly other steps in the guide should not be performed as they are not for my specific system, please feel free to point out any step I may have missed.

Attached are photos when I try to access the macOS installer, both normal and verbose along with my efi/clover partition and my full laptop specifications in txt.

Any insight is more than welcomed.

Attachments

• IMG_20170614_155333664.jpg
    IMG_20170614_155333664.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 89
  • IMG_20170614_155500281.jpg
    IMG_20170614_155500281.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 82
  • EFI Stompy.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 67
  • Laptop Specs.txt
    196.7 KB · Views: 93
I did proceed but didn't quite get that far-

Swapped the config.plist with the one provided by you and installed the proper kexts to efi/kexts/other. If I understood correctly other steps in the guide should not be performed as they are not for my specific system, please feel free to point out any step I may have missed.

Attached are photos when I try to access the macOS installer, both normal and verbose along with my efi/clover partition and my full laptop specifications in txt.

Any insight is more than welcomed.
as per guide, use OsxAptioFixDrv-64 instead

Back