Contribute
Register

[Guide] Booting the OS X installer on LAPTOPS with Clover

No no i m not talking about booting the installer or recovery partition ...i m talking about normal boot after the installation .

No no i m not talking about booting the installer or recovery partition ...i m talking about normal boot after the installation .

I realize that. But this thread is focused on reaching the installer. It is common/expected to tweak your config.plist post-install.

Also, keep in mind that the requirement to boot the installer and recovery partition does not go away after you install. During major updates (eg. 10.10->10.11, 10.11->10.12) you will need to have a Clover setup that allows you to boot the installer. And if you want a working recovery partition (for use any time), same thing.

I am trying with macbookair 6,2 and iMac15,1 getting this error
IMAG1626.jpg

Here is my EFI file link https://www.dropbox.com/s/prbfjkbogib6kzr/EFI.zip?dl=0
Someone, please look on that

You really need to read the FAQ.

Error with "can't set the variable using efi file "
Capture.PNG

IMAG1627.jpg

Any idea how to solve this?
Checking FAQ but really confused if you give some more hints.

Error with "can't set the variable using efi file "

Any idea how to solve this?
Checking FAQ but really confused if you give some more hints.

It means the setting is protected/encrypted and can't be changed (at least not without a patched BIOS).

You will have to use the minStolenSize patch and hope for the best.

Hi
I have an MSI GS60 ghost pro 6qe running windows 10. These are the specs:

CPU: i7 6700K
GPU: gtx 970m
RAM: 16 GB
HDD: 1 TB
SSD: 128 GB

I was wondering can I partition my HDD to a 250 GB and use these 250 GB to install os x el capitan so that I can use FCPX for video editing. Can I do this without formatting the whole HDD.
Thank you

Hi
I have an MSI GS60 ghost pro 6qe running windows 10. These are the specs:

CPU: i7 6700K
GPU: gtx 970m
RAM: 16 GB
HDD: 1 TB
SSD: 128 GB

I was wondering can I partition my HDD to a 250 GB and use these 250 GB to install os x el capitan so that I can use FCPX for video editing. Can I do this without formatting the whole HDD.
Thank you

Dual boot is covered in post #2.

Back