Contribute
Register

[Guide] Booting the OS X installer on LAPTOPS with Clover

It is a good idea to keep HPFanReset.efi just in case the fan needs resetting (due to fan patches). As far as ACPIPoller.kext, it will not even start when there is no work to do (eg. you didn't use a fan patch that needs it), so there is no problem just leaving it.

This could be due to fan patches previously used or due to ACPI not being patched to run OS X at that point.

Correct. If you're using the silent fan patch, it is only returned to BIOS by HPFanReset.efi or by EC reset. The changes the silent fan patch makes in the EC survive a full shutdown.

Tried dropping HPFanReset.efi into the USB and the fan works now during the install with all configs I tried. Thank you :)

Hi, I have a HP Envy Laptop, and every time with the guide that you provided, I get to the installation screen, (Thank you again) but when I go into Disk Utility my Hard Drive never shows up. Sorry if this has already been brought up. But I can't seem to find a solution for it anywhere. I have used different hard drives, all to no avail. Thanks in Advance.

Hi, I have a HP Envy Laptop, and every time with the guide that you provided, I get to the installation screen, (Thank you again) but when I go into Disk Utility my Hard Drive never shows up. Sorry if this has already been brought up. But I can't seem to find a solution for it anywhere. I have used different hard drives, all to no avail. Thanks in Advance.

Read post #1 regarding HPRAIDInjector.kext and SATA in RAID mode...

HPFanReset.efi from PBI-CE works fine in the USB but if I drop new version from bitbucket "HPFanReset-2013-1205.efi" the fan is again off.

Could it be that PBI-CE 6.4.6 uses older fan patch and then updated HPFanReset doesn't work or could there be something wrong with the updated HPFanReset?

Fix complete.
thank rehabman Wish you a good day.

Hello. i'm sorry to bother, i tried to modify my DVMT memory size.
i tried setup_var 0x18C 0x3

And i had error: can’t set variable using efi (error: 0x000000000000001a)

how can i fix it?

Hello. i'm sorry to bother, i tried to modify my DVMT memory size.
i tried setup_var 0x18C 0x3

And i had error: can’t set variable using efi (error: 0x000000000000001a)

how can i fix it?

Setting DVMT-prealloc is off-topic here. You should open a separate thread...

Please fill out your profile as requested in post #1.

Note: Some computers encrypt the BIOS options and do not allow it to be set with setup_var. For these laptops, you would need to use the minStolenSize patch instead and hope for the best.

Setting DVMT-prealloc is off-topic here. You should open a separate thread...

Please fill out your profile as requested in post #1.

hi rehabman.
sorry for bothering you.

after restore windows 10 complete.

i try boot in to El capital and config colover v333

check ~ install for UEFI booting only ~ ..colover in ESP ~ theme blue mac ~ Driver64UEFI Check OsxAptionFixDrv-64 ~ install RC scripts on target volume and install Colover Preference Pance.
(
Install all RC scripts on all other boot volumes i can not find windows boot from colover bootloder)
install complete reboot but no colover boot menu and boot directly into windows 10.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    918 KB · Views: 76
  • CLOVER.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 78
Dual boot is covered in post #2.

Current my laptop running windows 10 and El capital (El capital boot use usb)

I have to delete all partitions and reinstall ?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    381.7 KB · Views: 111
Back