Contribute
Register

[Guide] Booting the OS X installer on LAPTOPS with Clover

[GUIDE] Booting the OS X installer on LAPTOPS with Clover UEFI

Hello, great guide but i have a problem... When I switch to uefi boot in my bios and boot from my usb that has clover on it, and i chose to boot Yosemite it gets stuck at "root device uuid is". But when I switch to legacy boot it boots Yosemite normally without any problems. Any solution for this?

Post EFI folder.

It is not copying any thing to hard drive just shows the indicator completed installation but nothing in hard drive

It is not copying any thing to hard drive just shows the indicator completed installation but nothing in hard drive

Follow the instructions carefully.

Great guide. Have a bit of trouble with my 4530s and nothing helps.. I just upgraded my screen to a 1080P and it works great in windows 2012 r2..
I am trying a fresh install... config specs in sig.. Used all repomans files and compiled my own with grower.
Boot flags all in place.

I always end up with THIS directly after the Apple load bar... Anyone else experience this?
IMG_3637.jpg

:banghead:

EDIT:
In verbose the final lines I catch before this happens are:

IOgraphics flags 0x43
Previous shutdown cause: 5
[AGPM Controller] unknownPlatform
DSMOS has arrived
SuperIODEVICE: [Fatal] found unsupported chip! ITE sequence ID=0x701, Winbond sequence ID=0xffff
SuperIODEVICE: [Fatal] found unsupported chip! ITE sequence ID=0x701, Winbond sequence ID=0xffff

Last edited:

Great guide. Have a bit of trouble with my 4530s and nothing helps.. I just upgraded my screen to a 1080P and it works great in windows 2012 r2..
I am trying a fresh install... config specs in sig.. Used all repomans files and compiled my own with grower.
Boot flags all in place.

I always end up with THIS directly after the Apple load bar... Anyone else experience this?
View attachment 124876

:banghead:

EDIT:
In verbose the final lines I catch before this happens are:

IOgraphics flags 0x43
Previous shutdown cause: 5
[AGPM Controller] unknownPlatform
DSMOS has arrived

http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-proboo...-install-yosemite-hp-laptops-clover-uefi.html

Did that too.. Same exact thing happens... I have both on different USBs... Any direction would be helpful.
I tried both methods of USB creation and tried endless variations in settings... I'm stumped.

Just hoping someone ran into this same thing at some point.

You need to repatch DSDT and install the correct config.plist.

Complete guide is at the link provided in my previous post. Make sure you make the correct selections as far as config.plist (for USB) and in the ProBook Installer.

ProBook questions are off-topic here.

Sorry about that. Just solved it however..
To get it working I had to use your Mini-DSDT-duallink.aml file and place it in the patched folder under clover.
renamed it dsdt.aml of course.

Working great now... Finally in the installer with 1080p perfect. No settings changes. Thanks again repoman..

Back