Contribute
Register

[Guide] Booting the OS X installer on LAPTOPS with Clover

[GUIDE] Booting the OS X installer on LAPTOPS with Clover UEFI

I'm getting a gray/garbled screen on my laptop in the sign. I followed the guide too the letter , and when even tried other my HP clover USB ( using conf for HD4000 low res) I get stuck on the backround theme but no harddrive select.

I'm getting a gray/garbled screen on my laptop in the sign. I followed the guide too the letter , and when even tried other my HP clover USB ( using conf for HD4000 low res) I get stuck on the backround theme but no harddrive select.

I'm not sure what you mean. Show photo.

Where did you download OS X from?

I just copied the Yosemite app from a relatives over winter break. They live across the country and I'm back home on my snow leopard macbook. I didn't think I'd need 64 bit for unibeast and didn't know what laptop I'd have after Christmas which is why I didn't create the install USB over there.

I just copied the Yosemite app from a relatives over winter break. They live across the country and I'm back home on my snow leopard macbook. I didn't think I'd need 64 bit for unibeast and didn't know what laptop I'd have after Christmas which is why I didn't create the install USB over there.

To use this guide, you need access to a Mac or working hack.

You'll need to install Snow Leopard first, then download and prepare your USB after getting it working well enough to access the Mac App Store.

Links for purchasing a Snow Leopard DVD are in the Buyer's Guide.

Do any changes to the config.plist for hd4400 need to be made for Yosemite 10.10.2? Accidentally wiped my 10.10.1 USB and wanted to do a clean install.

Do any changes to the config.plist for hd4400 need to be made for Yosemite 10.10.2? Accidentally wiped my 10.10.1 USB and wanted to do a clean install.

Probably we don't really know yet. So far, I've only updated my desktop (HD3000).

Will this tutorial work with an Asus q200e with one 250 GB samsung SSD, HD 3000 intel graphics card?

Will this tutorial work with an Asus q200e with one 250 GB samsung SSD, HD 3000 intel graphics card?

Does your BIOS have UEFI boot capability? If so, yes.

Hello, great guide but i have a problem... When I switch to uefi boot in my bios and boot from my usb that has clover on it, and i chose to boot Yosemite it gets stuck at "root device uuid is". But when I switch to legacy boot it boots Yosemite normally without any problems. Any solution for this?

Back