Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Elite
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 6600 XT
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Upgrading from Big Sur Public Beta 10 to 11.0.1 Public Beta, and, afterwards, to Big Sur Release Candidate on my system (Z390 Aorus Elite + i3 9100 + RX 580) has been very easy.

I have used OpenCore (OC) 0.6.3 which has improvements for BS, among them the return to the option Securebootmodel = Default instead of Disable and DmgLoading = Signed instead of Any in the config.plist file (Misc> Security).

I downloaded both updates directly from Software Update from a public beta 10 system and I updated that same system, with 3 reboots during each process, without incident of any kind.

As a curious thing, at the end of step 1 of the installation, the option of the OC menu that continues with step 2 is called MacintoshHD but in the subsequent restart it correctly takes the name of the installation destination disk.

The structure of the EFi folder (attached), same as in BS beta 10, is this:
Code:
├── BOOT
│   └── BOOTx64.efi
└── OC
    ├── ACPI
    │   ├── SSDT-PLUG.aml
    │   ├── SSDT-PMC.aml
    │   ├── SSDT-USBW.aml
    │   └── SSDT-USBX.aml
    │
    ├── Bootstrap
    │   └── Bootstrap.efi
    │
    ├── Drivers
    │   ├── HfsPlus.efi
    │   ├── OpenCanopy.efi
    │   └── OpenRuntime.efi
    │
    ├── Kexts
    │   ├── AppleALC.kext   
    │   ├── IntelMausi.kext
    │   ├── Lilu.kext 
    │   ├── USBMap.kext
    │   ├── USBWakeFixup.kext
    │   ├── VirtualSMC.kext
    │   ├── WhateverGreen.kext
    │   └── XHCI-unsupported.kext
    │
    ├── Resources
    │   ├── Audio
    │   ├── Font
    │   ├── Image
    │   └── Label
    │
    ├── Tools
    │   ├── CFGLock.efi
    │   ├── CleanNvram.efi
    │   ├── OpenShell.efi
    │   └── VerifyMsrE2.efi
    │
    └── config.plist

Both systems work very well, it's supposed that RC has to work better than 11.0.1.

11.0.1.jpg.7380c3236449b9e97af18c9b28165b76.jpg

Attachments

• EFI-11.0.1.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 233
Last edited:
is everything working for your setup? sound, wifi, continunity, handoff?

is everything working for your setup? sound, wifi, continunity, handoff?
This is what I have tried and it works: bluetooth and wifi (Fenvi T919), airdrop, sidecar, handoff, messages, ethernet, sleep, vda decoder (H264 and HEVC), sound from dGPU by DisplayPort cable, etc.
This is what I have not tested: sound (it’s disabled on board, I use bluetooth speakers) and continuity.

This is what I have tried and it works: bluetooth and wifi (Fenvi T919), airdrop, sidecar, handoff, messages, ethernet, sleep, vda decoder (H264 and HEVC), sound from dGPU by DisplayPort cable, etc.
This is what I have not tested: sound (it’s disabled on board, I use bluetooth speakers) and continuity.
Glad to know Fenvi T919 is working at Big Sur, did you had to put any kext for it or its working on Big Sur without it? also i've noticed in your EFI folder you didn't need at Boot code like: keepsymp or alcid etc. so i'm guessing there is no problem with booting without any boot code.

Glad to know Fenvi T919 is working at Big Sur, did you had to put any kext for it or its working on Big Sur without it? also i've noticed in your EFI folder you didn't need at Boot code like: keepsymp or alcid etc. so i'm guessing there is no problem with booting without any boot code.
Fenvi T919 works OOTB, nothing to do with kexts or config.plist.
I use now Bluetooth speakers and I have sound disabled on the motherboard but I tested it with AppleALC with alcid 11 or 13, with both it worked fine.
Big Sur works well without any boot arg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back