Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello all,
As I understand it, several folks have struggled with using the Broadcom BCM 94360CD in the Windows 7 side of their dual boot Hackintosh. Well, I'm writing up this short guide to how I solved it for myself.

WIFI
1. Install the hardware.
2. Once booted into Windows, go to https://support.apple.com/downloads/macoscomponents The Bootcamp support page DOES NOT link to the support files needed.
3. Download the file for
Boot Camp Support Software 5.1.5722
4. Download, unzip, and open the file.
5. Inside the file navigate to BootCamp > Drivers > Broadcom
6. Double click BroadcomWirelessWin7x64.exe to install.
7. A reboot may be required, but your wifi should now work fine.

BLUETOOTH (This part seems to be the most bedeviling)
(There is an AppleBluetoothInstaller64.exe inside the BootCamp files, but it did not work for me. )
1. Open the Start Menu.
2. Rt-Click on Computer
3. Click Manage
4. Click Devices on the left.
5. Look for "Bluetooth USB Hub" or something similar. You will be able to identify it by a yellow question mark.
6. Right click the device.
7. Click Properties.
8. Click the Hardware tab.
9. Change the dropdown to "Hardware IDs."
10. Rt-Click and Copy the Hardware ID that DOES NOT include a Rev#
11. Go to the website Devid.info
12. Paste in the Hardware ID
13. Select the Win7 Driver "Blue Soleil Generic Bluetooth"
14. Download that file and unzip it.
15. BACK IN THE HARDWARE... Rt-Click the device.
16. Click Driver tab.
17. Click Install driver.
18. Click Navigate to Driver (or something like that). Find the folder where you unzipped the driver.
19. It will find and install the driver for you.
20. After rebooting, your bluetooth devices should work. My Apple Keyboard and mouse did.

It isn't perfect or great, but it is a first attempt. Let me know what works and doesn't. I will make edits accordingly.

The bluetooth drivers can be found in the $WinPEDriver$\AppleBluetoothBroadcom64\ folder of the Bootcamp zip file.

1. Go to the Device Manger (one way is to right-click on Computer, select Properties, and then Device Manager in the left pane).
2. Expand the Bluetooth Radios group and look for the generic bluetooth radio device (there are likely two: a generic device and a Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator).
3. Double click the generic bluetooth radio device and select the Driver tab. Update the driver using the files from the $WinPEDriver$\AppleBluetoothBroadcom64\ folder. You may get some popup window about unknown or unsigned -- just force the driver update.

Another tip: the .exe files can be extracted using a free program like 7zip. Right click the AppleBluetoothInstaller64.exe file and select 7zip > Extract Files... (it produces the same content as $WinPEDriver$\AppleBluetoothBroadcom64\). Lastly, for those wondering what WinPE is -- WinPE is simply the bare-bones windows environment used during the installation process.

Thank you for this thread.

So I take it running the Boot Camp Setup.exe file is not a good idea?
My understanding from this is that it might install unnecessary drivers which could mess everything up.

Last edited:
Hi Radius493,

I know this post is from a long time ago, I just want to ask that is there a specific BCM I need to order for the Sabertooth X58?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back