Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] ASUS Zenbook UX430 - i7 8550 Kaby Lake R ALC294

Status
Not open for further replies.
@starcentral (or anybody else here), what's the latest BIOS for your model? Have you updated yet?

Last edited:
@starcentral (or anybody else here), what's the latest BIOS for your model? Have you updated yet?

bios version 300. I haven't looked into updating it since I first got the laptop in January 2018

Tried it and did not work for me. Maybe someone else can give it a shot.

download my folder in post 7 and give AppleHDA a try, I tried mirone's for a while but gave up. never worked and support to resolve was not good.

Oh FFS...what a load of Hogwarts. Remind me again what this forum is about?
i think you know good what is this forum about

Don't take my post in haste, use the forum to get help and troubleshoot your steps where you get stuck. If you want someone to make your hackbook for you, then you are in wrong place and buying apple MacBook might be easier way for you.

Good luck.

Experiencing random erratic mouse pointer jumps while using your trackpad? Look here :)!

Hi, I bought the laptop at the end. I'm very happy with it, except for the terrible power management in windows and coil whine. Ridiculously pw management is much better in MacOS! Lol
Thanks to all the guides here in the forum including yours I managed to have a 99% working machine in a very short time.
I got ALC294 like you, and fortunately Mirone released a fix for the headphones, please check it. With this fix my audio works 100% (Not checked hdmi), I only had experienced some random audio disappears, I'm testing right now if they're also fixed.
I also suggest you to switch to @hieplpvip tools and hotpatches, very well done.

Attachments

• Jack_Fix.zip
    8.3 KB · Views: 178
Last edited:
Hi, I bought the laptop at the end. I'm very happy with it, except for the terrible power management in windows and coil whine. Ridiculously pw management is much better in MacOS! Lol
Thanks to all the guides here in the forum including yours I managed to have a 99% working machine in a very short time.
I got ALC294 like you, and fortunately Mirone released a fix for the headphones, please check it. With this fix my audio works 100% (Not checked hdmi), I only had experienced some random audio disappears, I'm testing right now if they're also fixed.
I also suggest you to switch to @hieplpvip tools and hotpatches, very well done.
As per rules, please update your hardware profile to allow others to help you easier
https://www.tonymacx86.com/account/

please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Use the tool here and upload your problem reporting files:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/tool-generate-proper-problem-reporting-files.235953/

Glad my guide could be some help, I'm glad you could get yours running fast. I was total noob when I tried the Zenbook so it took me three weeks on and off working on it to get it working.

Can you post link to ALC294 by mirone? Also are you using any specific pin layout, etc,. I would appreciate any info. I have no headphone use for a year now ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back