Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] ASUS Zenbook UX430 - i7 8550 Kaby Lake R ALC294

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey man! How is the overall experience with this laptop on MacOS? I'm planning to buy this or the minor ux331un, and while the last one is more appetible in terms of price/quality (at least in my country), this one is Hackintosh ready thanks to your guide.
Do you think the experience is comparable to a real Mac?

Overall I'm very happy with it. Saved myself a couple thousand dollars buying a MPB that doesn't even have USB ports, SD card reader etc.. Because of this, I wouldn't use a new MBP if it was given to me for free. It just doesn't make any sense for the price and lack of ports.

The UX430 build I'm using is not perfect, it's missing gestures like two finger swipe when web browsing. I also haven't replaced the internal WIFI card so I don't have bluetooth right now which is a bit of a pain. I'm still waiting for the fix on the AppleHDA hacked so that audio/mic can work through jack. I'll have to message insanelydeep and follow up.

Those issues aside, yes its 100% mac. I had a 2011 mbp before this and used it for 6 years and I use genuine mac minis so yes I know the differences and comparable.

Hacking a laptop is extremely difficult. It took me 3 weeks and so many steps that can be confusing. If you want an easier time doing yours get the exact same model there is already a guide for. My ZIP file will not work on your UX331. It may not even work on a variation of UX440... be prepared to tear your hair out and be very patient to get it working.

good luck, you are going to need it. :lol:

Thanks! I’ll definitely go for UX430UN, the 331un has only 8gb and has a soldered WiFi card, definitely not a good choice for a hackintosh.

Btw I checked the drivers for UX430UN (the version available in Italy) and they differents a little to yours. It changes audio and trackpad drivers as I remember, and from what I found it should be even easier to adapt them.

In next weeks I’ll get my hands on this laptop and I’ll be happy to share my configuration to the community :)

Bad luck today... these two 10.12.6 OSX updates ran on my ASUS UX430 build and now any external monitor hooked up to my mini HDMI port causes machine to instantly restart entire machine. Only fix is to disconnect monitor.. what a drag. also noticed the sound no longer outputs to laptop speakers. Everything was working fine prior to the update :/

Anyway to remove these updates? Anyway to fix these problems?

Screen Shot 2018-07-20 at 8.21.01 PM.png

Attachments

• debug_18008.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 121
Last edited:
Bad luck today... these two 10.12.6 OSX updates ran on my ASUS UX430 build and now any external monitor hooked up to my mini HDMI port causes machine to instantly restart entire machine. Only fix is to disconnect monitor.. what a drag. also noticed the sound no longer outputs to laptop speakers. Everything was working fine prior to the update :/

Anyway to remove these updates? Anyway to fix these problems?

View attachment 342210

Your kextcache output shows issues you must fix:
Code:
IntelGraphicsFixup.kext - dependency 'as.vit9696.Lilu' not found.
IntelGraphicsFixup.kext - dependency 'as.vit9696.Lilu' not found.
Prelink failed for as.lvs1974.IntelGraphicsFixup; omitting from prelinked kernel.
KernelCache ID: 70208BC9E0EC4A6C3F286C61447C1BB6

Hi @starcentral, I've a similar laptop wich is UX430UNR. It is possible to share your kext for audio ?

Also, thank you so much to share you clover config, I installed easy Sierra

See you soon,

Hi @starcentral, I've a similar laptop wich is UX430UNR. It is possible to share your kext for audio ?

Also, thank you so much to share you clover config, I installed easy Sierra

See you soon,

You must determine which ALC you have, and then look for one patched specific to your machine. Getting sound to work can be big problem. I recommend you use the voodoo hda for sound, it is simple. Search back through the posts pages 1-3 for info on this.

insanelydeepak who created the custom appleHDA for me and my ALC294 codec can be found on the link below, but if you do not have ALC294 there is no point to try it. Determine your ALC version by booting linux and dumping out codec info.

https://github.com/insanelydeepak/cloverHDA-for-Mac-OS-Sierra-10.12

Hi @starcentral, I created a guide for Asus Zenbook laptops, including UX410 and UX430 here. Would you mind giving it a try? It works flawlessly on my UX410, another person has tested it on UX430

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back