Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] ASUS Zenbook UX430 - i7 8550 Kaby Lake R ALC294

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are using HDEF.aml iGPU.aml PNLF.aml USBX.aml
The ssdt - iGPU.aml you are using for injecting the uhd620 right? direct from
OS-X-Clover-Laptop-Config/hotpatch/ ?

ssdt - PNLF. aml what for? graphics also? need to modified from rehab depending device or not?
also ssdt-HDEF for injecting driver sound right ?
no need ssdt-PTSWAK?

See post #21. :D

@RehabMan - Today I hooked up an Apple USB ethernet adapter (A1277) and under "network" panel it recognized it, then I plugged in an ethernet cable to my router and everything worked. Well naturally I'm not complaining, but I didn't do anything on my system build to get ethernet working.. so my question is to know if this was native support or what?

thanks,

Screen Shot 2018-03-19 at 7.50.36 PM.png

@RehabMan - Today I hooked up an Apple USB ethernet adapter (A1277) and under "network" panel it recognized it, then I plugged in an ethernet cable to my router and everything worked. Well naturally I'm not complaining, but I didn't do anything on my system build to get ethernet working.. so my question is to know if this was native support or what?

thanks,

View attachment 319887

Apple USB Ethernet should be expected to work (provided USB ports are working correctly).
But that is not the same as any Ethernet port you might have built-in to the laptop.

Apple USB Ethernet should be expected to work (provided USB ports are working correctly).
But that is not the same as any Ethernet port you might have built-in to the laptop.

This particular model has no physical ethernet port, but I'm glad this adapter worked without having to do anything special. Awesome sauce! Thanks for your reply.

This particular model has no physical ethernet port, but I'm glad this adapter worked without having to do anything special. Awesome sauce! Thanks for your reply.

I just don't know why you want to buy new one from apple instead of new one from Asus. cause I have use with this one successful without problem.

I just don't know why you want to buy new one from apple instead of new one from Asus. cause I have use with this one successful without problem.

I didn't buy the adapter, I had a leftover box of Apple accessories :D but it came in handy - especially the external DVD/CD drive since the ASUS does't have one.

Just wanted to say that this thread is gold. Saved me so much time since I have the exact same laptop. Thank you so much, and please keep us posted on your journey - and your clover folder if it changes much :)

Thanks buddy Im glad if it helped you, I will keep post #7 up to date with the latest for sure.

What are you using for sound on your asus? I'm waiting for insanelydeepak to send me another version of patched appleHDA that hopefully gets the headphone jack to work. I need this to run into external mixer or headphones if I want.

starcentral,
is the Asus u430 in the windows said connexant smart or something? I am having difficulties identify the soundcard. ALC or CX
the cheap usb-c - network I bought not working, I guess I have to buy that a1277
Please check the battery drain percentage is update regularly? mine is not updates regularly. need to be checkout percentage / pic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back