Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] ASUS Zenbook UX430 - i7 8550 Kaby Lake R ALC294

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi starcentral!
Thank you so much for your guide.
I happen to have the same laptop (dh74) from Amazon and almost gave up because of the audio codec.
So I actually reinstalled Sierra on my laptop and used your clover folder on #7.
However I keep getting this message and my computer reboots even though i set up smbios and installed kexts you listed on readme.

IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0
0x0

I also tried using newer versions on Lilu.kext and rehabman's kexts but still getting the same errors.
I feel like this is related to bios settings. Can you show me your bios settings if that's alright?
Does this happen to you ever or somthing I have missed?
Also how much time does it take to boot your hackintosh?
Thank you again!! Looking forward to hearing from you

Hi starcentral!
I happen to have the same laptop (dh74) from Amazon and almost gave up because of the audio codec.
So I actually reinstalled Sierra on my laptop and used your clover folder on #7.
However I keep getting this message and my computer reboots even though i set up smbios and installed kexts you listed on readme.

0x0

I also tried using newer versions on Lilu.kext and rehabman's kexts but still getting the same errors.
I feel like this is related to bios settings. Can you show me your bios settings if that's alright?

I have never seen that message before. You can try removing extra patches in patched folder and reducing kexts until you find out what is causing it. Make sure you have FakePCIID.kext, FakePCIIHD_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext, and IntelGraphicsFixup.kext in Library / Extensions.

In bios areas you can check us under boot everything disabled. Under advanced everything enabled, VT-D = disabled, under graphics config: DVMT 64.

My ux430 boots in 10-12 seconds.

Last edited:
Starcentral, thank you for another success Asus gen8 osx86.
i want to install the osx native on S410UN i5 8250.
Can you share the dsdt.dsl untouched and the patched one?

See post #7.

Hi starcentral!

0x0

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

I install High Sierra 10.13.3 on HP ProBook 450 G5 with CPU i5-8250U 1.6 GHz/3.4 GHz . My geekbench 4.2 is 11500 multiscore but Cinebench R15 only 270 ! . On windows 10 Cinebench R15 is correct about 550.
The processor i5-8250U does not work in Turbo Mode for a long time. It sometimes reach 3.4 GHz (geekbench) but then it suddenly drops to 1.2/1.6 Ghz...
So intensive rendering apps works about 50% CPU power...Has anyone checked Cinebech r15 scores for i5-8250U ?
My graphic UHD 620 has too Cinebench low scores about 16 but should be about 40.
I try many fake CPU ID , clover/bios settings bios and nothing.

p.s . Problem was solved after bios update ! Now Geekbench 4.2 is 15110 , Cinebench CPU 413cb , Open GL 27.34.
Starcentral - Your geekbench score for faster CPU is too low . Maybe about bios update is needed.

Attachments

• macbookpro.png
    macbookpro.png
    95.5 KB · Views: 225
Last edited:
I install High Sierra 10.13.3 on HP ProBook 450 G5 with CPU i5-8250U 1.6 GHz/3.4 GHz . My geekbench 4.2 is 11500 multiscore but Cinebench R15 only 270 ! . On windows 10 Cinebench R15 is correct about 550.
The processor i5-8250U does not work in Turbo Mode for a long time. It sometimes reach 3.4 GHz (geekbench) but then it suddenly drops to 1.2/1.6 Ghz...
So intensive rendering apps works about 50% CPU power...Has anyone checked Cinebech r15 scores for i5-8250U ?
My graphic UHD 620 has too Cinebench low scores about 16 but should be about 40.
I try many fake CPU ID , clover/bios settings bios and nothing.

p.s . Problem was solved after bios update ! Now Geekbench 4.2 is 15110 , Cinebench CPU 413cb , Open GL 27.34.
Starcentral - Your geekbench score for faster CPU is too low . Maybe about bios update is needed.

Off-topic.
This thread is for "ASUS Zenbook UX430" as per thread title.
Open a separate thread.

Don't forget about problem reporting files as per FAQ.

Did anyone get this working on High Sierra 10.13.3 ? With your Clover settings the installer works like a charm. It even worked on the second phase of the install from the HDD. However, once it reboots after the install - all I get is a black screen with a mouse sometimes, or the apple loading screen. I have put all the FakePCIID-Intel and IntelGraphicsFixup in L/E and Lilu in clover/kexts/other. Can't figure out why it work so great on the 10.13.3 installer but fail once installed.

Did anyone get this working on High Sierra 10.13.3 ? With your Clover settings the installer works like a charm. It even worked on the second phase of the install from the HDD. However, once it reboots after the install - all I get is a black screen with a mouse sometimes, or the apple loading screen. I have put all the FakePCIID-Intel and IntelGraphicsFixup in L/E and Lilu in clover/kexts/other. Can't figure out why it work so great on the 10.13.3 installer but fail once installed.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    20 MB · Views: 271
See post #7.

You are using HDEF.aml iGPU.aml PNLF.aml USBX.aml
The ssdt - iGPU.aml you are using for injecting the uhd620 right? direct from
OS-X-Clover-Laptop-Config/hotpatch/ ?

ssdt - PNLF. aml what for? graphics also? need to modified from rehab depending device or not?
also ssdt-HDEF for injecting driver sound right ?
no need ssdt-PTSWAK?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back