Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] ASUS Zenbook UX430 - i7 8550 Kaby Lake R ALC294

Status
Not open for further replies.
DDST/SSDT's update:

This week I got a bit educated on DDST & SSDT patching; when you apply _DSM -> XDSM rename in config.plist it will overwrite _DSM entries for HDAS/HDEF which are required for your sound to work. So turning on _DSM -> XDSM combined with SSDT-IGPU patch will enable graphics but break sound. (you can confirm this by checking with patchmatic after reboot)

The solution is to implement another SSDT patch, for example SSDT-HDEF.aml. This will merge the contents of SSDT-HDEF with your DDST patch when booting.

I'm now running the following in /patched/
DDST.aml
SSDT-HDEF.aml (for sound layout ID injection)
SSDT-IGPU.aml (for Intel GPU)
SSDT-PNLF.aml (to activate the AppleBacklight kext)
SSDT-USBX.aml (for injecting power properties to the USBX device)

DDST/SSDT's update:

This week I got a bit educated on DDST & SSDT patching; when you apply _DSM -> XDSM rename in config.plist it will overwrite _DSM entries for HDAS/HDEF which are required for your sound to work. So turning on _DSM -> XDSM combined with SSDT-IGPU patch will enable graphics but break sound. (you can confirm this by checking with patchmatic after reboot)

The solution is to implement another SSDT patch, for example SSDT-HDEF.aml. This will merge the contents of SSDT-HDEF with your DDST patch when booting.

I'm now running the following in /patched/
DDST.aml
SSDT-HDEF.aml (for sound layout ID injection)
SSDT-IGPU.aml (for Intel GPU)
SSDT-PNLF.aml (to activate the AppleBacklight kext)
SSDT-USBX.aml (for injecting power properties to the USBX device)

Read here to understand ACPI hotpatch fundamentals:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-using-clover-to-hotpatch-acpi.200137/

Dear StarCentral,

I have just bought new laptop from Asus UX430UA with cpu's version is I5 8250U. So can you share your Clover folder with me.
I'm really thanks you for everything you did with your hackintosh.

Thanks you again.

Dear StarCentral,

I have just bought new laptop from Asus UX430UA with cpu's version is I5 8250U. So can you share your Clover folder with me.
I'm really thanks you for everything you did with your hackintosh.

Thanks you again.

hi knight, unfortunately due to how patching works on laptops specific to hardware, chips, and even bios setting, someone even with the exact same model as you can have different install files, patches, and other settings. You might get lucky and find someone's folder that works a little but it could be unstable or in some cases cause your system not to boot, or have other glitches or issues.

The best way to do your build for your laptop is going to be to research it and go step by step one function at a time until you are happy with a workable system. I think with the steps I took in this guide it would be an excellent example of steps for you to take, with further links of what to read and where to read it.

For me the first priority was getting the trackpad to work, this was actually the hardest to get working because the GPIO pinning guide was confusing for me. I put a link to a good support thread where you can get help on it, but if you read through it a couple times you should be able to get it working. I can help you there on that thread if you get stuck.

Couple advises I have is do not remove your Windows 10 that came pre-installed, it will be handy for looking up some values you will need to get your trackpad to work. So I suggest doing a dual-boot like I did. Also from the very beginning get your system working and loading with one of Rehman's standard guide config.plist files for your graphics chip (ie. HD620, HD630, etc..) that can be found here: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Clover-Laptop-Config

So for a stable machine I would not suggest you take someone elses clover folder, but looking at them can be somewhat helpful to figure out how to get yours to work. With that said, here is one of my latest clover folders you can find in this thread: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/alc294-no-devices-found.246008 and also take a look at @gulios UX430 thread - he was great resource for me to read and learn about patching UX430 in general. It took him 3 months of work to get it built, I was able to do it in 3 weeks mostly because I read his posts and knew where to look as a head start.

Last edited:
Today installed Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 Design Premium. Oddly CS5 would not install, and I received an error "not compatible with this Mac" error message. I read some work arounds to view package contents and run installer directly but they did not work. Anyway, at least I could get CS5.5 to install on 10.12.5 so I'm happy about that.

Screen Shot 2018-02-22 at 7.32.46 AM.png

hi knight, unfortunately due to how patching works on laptops specific to hardware, chips, and even bios setting, someone even with the exact same model as you can have different install files, patches, and other settings. You might get lucky and find someone's folder that works a little but it could be unstable or in some cases cause your system not to boot, or have other glitches or issues.

The best way to do your build for your laptop is going to be to research it and go step by step one function at a time until you are happy with a workable system. I think with the steps I took in this guide it would be an excellent example of steps for you to take, with further links of what to read and where to read it.

For me the first priority was getting the trackpad to work, this was actually the hardest to get working because the GPIO pinning guide was confusing for me. I put a link to a good support thread where you can get help on it, but if you read through it a couple times you should be able to get it working. I can help you there on that thread if you get stuck.

Couple advises I have is do not remove your Windows 10 that came pre-installed, it will be handy for looking up some values you will need to get your trackpad to work. So I suggest doing a dual-boot like I did. Also from the very beginning get your system working and loading with one of Rehman's standard guide config.plist files for your graphics chip (ie. HD620, HD630, etc..) that can be found here: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Clover-Laptop-Config

So for a stable machine I would not suggest you take someone elses clover folder, but looking at them can be somewhat helpful to figure out how to get yours to work. With that said, here is one of my latest clover folders you can find in this thread: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/alc294-no-devices-found.246008 and also take a look at @gulios UX430 thread - he was great resource for me to read and learn about patching UX430 in general. It took him 3 months of work to get it built, I was able to do it in 3 weeks mostly because I read his posts and knew where to look as a head start.

Dear,

Yes, I can understand what you said.
I have use an laptop from Asus K46CA with hackintosh from 4 years for my work. Unfortunately due the stolen from this old laptop, I have to buy new laptop for my work. So that why i ask you for share your clover, and I understand what you said about unstable, but it's hard to take the time to fix the laptop which can run stable enough first in short time, so I just need my computer which can run some task for my job first then I'll take the time fix my laptop then to better.

Anyway, thanks for your answer.

Thanks & Best Regards.

I've now uploaded my current working clover folder to post #7 of this thread.

Please read the enclosed MUST READ ME file in clover.zip for complete details, additional kexts, and install folders. Also inside this document please read the section MUST READ NOTES for caveats about why if you have a similar or even same model UX430 these files may NOT produce proper or fully functional laptop in your case. Again I will repeat it, it is very unlikely my clover files will make your UX430 work to same level as mine. These reasons are explained in full detail in the readme file.

Lastly I received countless support from these forums to get working UX430 and I am indebted to tonymacx86 and highly appreciative of people like @RehabMan who helped me along the way - so hence I do not mind to help others as others have helped me but if questions are being asked that are already answered in my notes file (within clover.zip) or this thread you will be referred back to these documents to read. It's highly suggested you read both MUST READ ME file and this thread thoroughly.

Thanks,

Last edited:
So that why i ask you for share your clover, and I understand what you said about unstable, but it's hard to take the time to fix the laptop which can run stable enough first in short time, so I just need my computer which can run some task for my job first then I'll take the time fix my laptop then to better.

See my above post #27

Dear,

I'm really thank for your sharing.
I'm starting look your clover and make a test. Then I'll make a feedback to you as possible.

Really thank you again.

Thanks & Best Regards

Dear

I have tested your clover and almost the functions which I need is worked.
The function worked
+ Sound work with speaker
+ Battery (replace another kext, cause your kext isn't update battery level on status bar)
+ Wifi ( I replaced to new wifi bluetooth card BCM94352)
+ Graphics all is work
+ HDMI Port
+ SD Card Reader
+ Webcam
+ Trackpad work with basic function
+ Back keyboard brightness and lcd brightness but not saved after restarted

The functions not work
+ Plug headphone but no sound ( even when detected is pluged )
+ HMDI Sound not tested
+ Bluetooth discovery very slow and can't make a connect to mouse or speaker...
+ Sleep work only with battery mode ( not sure it's a bug )

Note : I have take DSDT.aml file from another
Greekbench 4 for i5 8250U ( 4000 single /12500 multi )

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    20.1 MB · Views: 309
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back