Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] ASUS Zenbook UX430 - i7 8550 Kaby Lake R ALC294

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @baohiep, I've a second SSH fresh install, I try it and will come back soon.

You want IOReg, Logoutput of clover and etc.. after I do the install ?

Send them if it doesn't work for you. If it works well, there's no need to send

Hi @starcentral, I created a guide for Asus Zenbook laptops, including UX410 and UX430 here. Would you mind giving it a try? It works flawlessly on my UX410, another person has tested it on UX430

Hi @baohiep, I've a second SSH fresh install, I try it and will come back soon.

You want IOReg, Logoutput of clover and etc.. after I do the install ?

Guys, please have some respect and discuss this on baohieps thread, this has nothing to do with my guide.

This is why you cannot use patched ACPI from another computer...

Note that the SystemMemory addresses do not match:
Code:
NUC6i7KYK:origin rehabman$ diff ../origin/ ../patched/|grep SystemMemory
<     OperationRegion (GNVS, SystemMemory, 0x9A5BD000, 0x0745)
>     OperationRegion (GNVS, SystemMemory, 0x9ADCB000, 0x0745)
<     OperationRegion (ABNV, SystemMemory, 0x9A5AB000, 0x0014)
>     OperationRegion (ABNV, SystemMemory, 0xFFFF0000, 0xAA55)
<         OperationRegion (RAMW, SystemMemory, 0x9A5F3000, 0x0100)
>         OperationRegion (RAMW, SystemMemory, 0x9AE01000, 0x0100)
<         OperationRegion (ASRO, SystemMemory, ASRB, 0x07)
>         OperationRegion (ASRO, SystemMemory, ASRB, 0x04)
RehabMan, do you know if SSDTs from another Laptop of the same series (only difference: Nvidia + Intel 620 video instead only Intel 620 video) can also effect SystemMemory addresses display in the DSDT?

RehabMan, do you know if SSDTs from another Laptop of the same series (only difference: Nvidia + Intel 620 video instead only Intel 620 video) can also effect SystemMemory addresses display in the DSDT?
yes, it will cause issues, you need to use your own ssdt's unless you are using hotpatch

If you're referring to patched SSDTs, same issue can happen as with patched DSDT (or any other patched ACPI files).
Add-on SSDTs are different case entirely, of course.

hi knight, unfortunately due to how patching works on laptops specific to hardware, chips, and even bios setting, someone even with the exact same model as you can have different install files, patches, and other settings. You might get lucky and find someone's folder that works a little but it could be unstable or in some cases cause your system not to boot, or have other glitches or issues.

The best way to do your build for your laptop is going to be to research it and go step by step one function at a time until you are happy with a workable system. I think with the steps I took in this guide it would be an excellent example of steps for you to take, with further links of what to read and where to read it.
Oh FFS...what a load of Hogwarts. Remind me again what this forum is about?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back