Contribute
Register

[Guide] ASUS Zenbook UX310UA (& UX310UQK) macOS Mojave / Catalina with Clover (& Big Sur / Monterey using OpenCore EFI) Installation Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.

Attachments

• Schermata 2021-01-14 alle 23.59.11.png
    Schermata 2021-01-14 alle 23.59.11.png
    151.8 KB · Views: 68
They do indeed, at least ASMC and FNKEYS. Try disabling them and you lose brightness control.
Modifying ASMC, I got the Keyboard Backlight widget to show when hitting Fn+F3-F4, but unfortunately no light. I also got Fn+F1 (sleep) and Fn+F2 (Airplane mode) to work.

Please try with the attached EFI folder
If that doesn't work you try with the KabyLake config (also attached). It's the one that works with my setup
Good luck!

Thanks to brunogermain for the EFI folder, I was struggling to install Big Sur on my UX310UAK, and this has finally enabled me to install it.
P.S. I have just changed the default language using OpenCore Configurator.

Last edited:
great guide, thank you. Any success with Clover booting Big Sur in the meantime, somebody?

great guide, thank you. Any success with Clover booting Big Sur in the meantime, somebody?
i wouln't try clover for Big Sur, the guide say Big Sur using OpenCore for a reason. I have build 3 hack's with OpenCore and i dont miss clover. The OpenCore guide is so extremely detailed, read it a few times and i assure u that you wil get it working

Last edited:
@ChriswiththeBeard @Shinji3rd Success here not just booting Big Sur via OC but now also via latest Clover:
- added Quirks from OC
- removed (for my hack) incompatible sub-kexts from kexts with plugins folders (until Clover allows blocking injection of specific kexts by name)
- in the 'Hide' section, removed 'Preboot'
- in Clover GUI, boot from Preboot (until the Clover dev team has achieved masking Big Sur Preboot to appear in the GUI as bootbale Big Sur, OC style)

Big Sur now booting as reliable via new OC flavor Clover as with OC itself - unity achieved :)

Good day
I have a problem with my trackpad freezing, does anyone know how to solve this? I already tried to replace VoodooI2C but can't fix the freeze. Thanks

Hi everyone,

UX410 working great with OC 0.6.7 following this guide :

The only annoying prob it's the trackpad. Tried to use the old version "VoodooI2C.kext" 2.4.4
Trackpad doesn't work. Tried the last release 2.6.5 same issue.
The only way to use a mouse right now it's by bluetooth :(
Any advice to configure properly the trackpad please ? I know on Clover he was freezing some time but he worked.
Thanks all

OpenCore updated to 0.7.0, and all kexts are up-to-date too. If any of you want to try it, remember to first generate and add a SMUUID, ROM, and MLB serial into config.plist. You can use OpenCore Configurator for that (Platform Info -> DataHub - Generic - PlatformNVRAM)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back