Contribute
Register

[Guide] ASUS Zenbook UX310UA (& UX310UQK) macOS Mojave / Catalina with Clover (& Big Sur / Monterey using OpenCore EFI) Installation Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
i do not think you have the right acpi files ? when i look in my acpi folder i have a lot more files. i am trying to figure out which file i need to modify to get keyboard backlight working again.View attachment 503944
I'm using only one SSDT from here: https://github.com/hieplpvip/Asus-Zenbook-Hackintosh
It combines all of the SSDT's from this guide, but with some differences. With this Keyboard Backlight, Airplane Mode (F2) and Sleep (F1) are working

The SSDT's to look into to make Keyboard Backlight work are probably ASMC, FNKEYS and maybe ALS0. I also have more renames for functions keys in my config.plist

I'm using only one SSDT from here: https://github.com/hieplpvip/Asus-Zenbook-Hackintosh
It combines all of the SSDT's from this guide, but with some differences. With this Keyboard Backlight, Airplane Mode (F2) and Sleep (F1) are working

The SSDT's to look into to make Keyboard Backlight work are probably ASMC, FNKEYS and maybe ALS0. I also have more renames for functions keys in my config.plist

Thanks for the information, I was struggling to figure it out, will take a look later this day !

Solved!

For some reason I had bootargument "lilucpu=8", which was for SkyLake CPU. I think this was causing the KP when I tried to change platform-id from 1619 to 1659.
I corrected to "lilucpu=9" (Kaby Lake), switched ig-platform-id and device-id to 1659 in Device Properties and now HDMI audio out is working.

Attached my OpenCore EFI folder. Everything working, including light sensor and backlight keyboard.

For anyone willing to use this EFI folder, you'll have to generate SMBIOS and match lilucpu argument in
"NVRAM > 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82 > boot-args" with your CPU
and edit "AAPL,ig-platform-id" and "device-id" in
"Device Properties > PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)" with the platform id that works for your CPU.

Last thing I'd like to accomplish is booting Windows from OpenCore. I get ACPI_BIOS_ERROR if I boot Windows from Opencore. Windows works flawlessly when booting from UEFI

Im able to boot windows 10 from opencore 0.6.4.

I installed Windows after I installed MacOS, but on a separate m.2 SSD, and it boots perfectly into windows or MacOS

Im able to boot windows 10 from opencore 0.6.4.

I installed Windows after I installed MacOS, but on a separate m.2 SSD, and it boots perfectly into windows or MacOS
Can you share your EFI folder?

those 3 .aml files do not contain anything related to the FN keys, looks like it, and your SSDT's or EFI folder wont let my Laptop boot, so i am trying to get keyboard backlight to work for over a week now, still no succes

those 3 .aml files do not contain anything related to the FN keys, looks like it, and your SSDT's or EFI folder wont let my Laptop boot, so i am trying to get keyboard backlight to work for over a week now, still no succes
They do indeed, at least ASMC and FNKEYS. Try disabling them and you lose brightness control.
Modifying ASMC, I got the Keyboard Backlight widget to show when hitting Fn+F3-F4, but unfortunately no light. I also got Fn+F1 (sleep) and Fn+F2 (Airplane mode) to work.

Please try with the attached EFI folder
If that doesn't work you try with the KabyLake config (also attached). It's the one that works with my setup
Good luck!

Attachments

• EFI-ZENBOOK-KEYBOARDBL.zip
    6 MB · Views: 171
  • config-Kaby.plist
    38.8 KB · Views: 94
They do indeed, at least ASMC and FNKEYS. Try disabling them and you lose brightness control.
Modifying ASMC, I got the Keyboard Backlight widget to show when hitting Fn+F3-F4, but unfortunately no light. I also got Fn+F1 (sleep) and Fn+F2 (Airplane mode) to work.

If that doesn't work you try with the KabyLake config (also attached). It's the one that works with my setup
Good luck!

Thank for the help, will look into it today. But i already tried to decompile all the .aml to .dsl but when I applied the f3 and f4 patches it said: 0 changes sow that was the problem

Good luck!
This is the problem, i can not apply the patches for F3 and F4, and booting with your EFI folder does not work sadly

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-01-08 at 08.24.28.png
    Screenshot 2021-01-08 at 08.24.28.png
    93 KB · Views: 60
  • Screenshot 2021-01-08 at 08.24.37.png
    Screenshot 2021-01-08 at 08.24.37.png
    148.6 KB · Views: 66
  • SSDT-ASMC.dsl
    5.5 KB · Views: 56
  • SSDT-FNKEYS.dsl
    1.1 KB · Views: 48
Status