Contribute
Register

[Guide] ASUS Zenbook UX310UA (& UX310UQK) macOS Mojave / Catalina with Clover (& Big Sur / Monterey using OpenCore EFI) Installation Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

From where did you download macOS?
On what hardware did you create your USB installer?

I am sorry for not answering you earlier. well I download Sierra from AppStore. i created the installer on Hackintosh using command in terminal and installed Clover boot loader. I probably didnt check some of features so that was why i didnt boot.
As I told you the usb was used before and it worked well with dell then I changed plist for intelhd620.
anyway, It booted perfectly because i used Unibeast. Before that I always REMOVED VBoX but now I dont and I also add HFSPLUS. and IT worked! it went smoothly to the end of installation.

By the way my laptop is Asus Zenbook UX510UX. Intel i7 7500HQ NVDIA 950(it never works) 1920x1080 15 inch display.

now the new problem is Applebacklightinjector. This kext makes the system goes mad. Once it is installed the system will never boot after restarting. it really hurts the system.
I have attached you my problem reporting when I finished installing Sierra (again).

After I follow the guide. nothing works except Intel GPU.
full size illuminated keyboard Not working
Sound CX8050 (realtek ALC3251) used AppleHDApatcher applied as guide. Not working
Brightness control , keyboard light, display brightness Not working
Wifi (i bought a new wifi not received yet)

Attachments

• Problem.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 138
Last edited:
I am sorry for not answering you earlier. well I download Sierra from AppStore. i created the installer on Hackintosh using command in terminal and installed Clover boot loader. I probably didnt check some of features so that was why i didnt boot.
As I told you the usb was used before and it worked well with dell then I changed plist for intelhd620.
anyway, It booted perfectly because i used Unibeast. Before that I always REMOVED VBoX but now I dont and I also add HFSPLUS. and IT worked! it went smoothly to the end of installation.

By the way my laptop is Asus Zenbook UX510UX. Intel i7 7500HQ NVDIA 950(it never works) 1920x1080 15 inch display.

now the new problem is Applebacklightinjector. This kext makes the system goes mad. Once it is installed the system will never boot after restarting. it really hurts the system.
I have attached you my problem reporting when I finished installing Sierra (again).

After I follow the guide. nothing works except Intel GPU.
full size illuminated keyboard Not working
Sound CX8050 (realtek ALC3251) used AppleHDApatcher applied as guide. Not working
Brightness control , keyboard light, display brightness Not working
Wifi (i bought a new wifi not received yet)

Brightness guide, read here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...rol-using-applebacklightinjector-kext.218222/

Your ACPI configuration is completely wrong.
ACPI guide is linked from the FAQ.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Does this tutorial work on Asus UX410UA (i5-7200U, HD620)?

In my case, it is something between 4 and 5 hours, and I use Safari, Chrome, a tracking app for my job, Skype and Slack. Sometimes I watch movies using Chrome too, or Kodi. Using the Intel Power Management App I can see there is little to no difference in watching a movie or just using Chrome to browse. However, I hate Chrome, Safari is much better in terms of efficiency. I can't stop using Chrome because it is mandatory for my job, and because Netflix is not working in Safari and I don't quite know why. I'm also using a USB Wi-Fi since I am still waiting for the Wi-Fi / Bluetooth replacement board to arrive. I don't know if it will be the same using the internal board or not. However, I think that 4 hours on this kind of laptop is enough.

EDIT: New Wi-Fi/Bluetooth board installed (finally). I will be testing battery using it.

NEW EDIT: Tested yesterday. Using Chrome, Safari, a tracking App, Slack, iTunes and hearing music with headphones, Sublime Text 3, Chatmate and Airmail 3, screen brightness at 70%, battery lasted for 5:20hs

Last edited:
voodooi2c cause boot kernel panic. even I removed AppleHPM.kext. AppleIntelLpssI2C.kext
AppleIntelLpssI2CController.kext.
anyone can give me some advice?

voodooi2c cause boot kernel panic. even I removed AppleHPM.kext. AppleIntelLpssI2C.kext
AppleIntelLpssI2CController.kext.
anyone can give me some advice?
try booting it without verbose?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back