Contribute
Register

[Guide] ASUS Zenbook UX310UA (& UX310UQK) macOS Mojave / Catalina with Clover (& Big Sur / Monterey using OpenCore EFI) Installation Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only working USB3 port with USBInjectAll installed is the one with the external HDD connected...

With USBInjectAll.kext and the port limit patch properly enabled, all your USB3 ports should work.
You're probably making a mistake.

With USBInjectAll.kext and the port limit patch properly enabled, all your USB3 ports should work.
You're probably making a mistake.

I have 3 USB 3.0 ports perfectly working without USBInjectAll.kext;

when I put into EFI/Clover/kexts/other USBInjectAll.kext, only the port with external HDD plugged in (with OSX High Sierra) works good, but the other two ports detect only USB 2.0 device;

if I connect to the other USB 3.0 ports an external USB 3.0 device, this one doesn't appear on the desktop...

I post my Clover folder, maybe there's something wrong in it

Thx!

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    5.1 MB · Views: 171
Read the laptop FAQ to find the USBInjectAll guide.

Read the laptop FAQ to find the USBInjectAll guide.

solved:

just deleting all port limit patches in config.plist and adding this one:

Comment: Change 15 port limit to 24 in XHCI kext 10.13 PB1
Find: 837D8C10
Name: AppleUSBXHCIPCI
Replace: 837D8C1B

thx Rehab!

solved:

just deleting all port limit patches in config.plist and adding this one:

Comment: Change 15 port limit to 24 in XHCI kext 10.13 PB1
Find: 837D8C10
Name: AppleUSBXHCIPCI
Replace: 837D8C1B

thx Rehab!

The port limit patch should NOT be used long term.
It is only for port discovery.
You should create a custom SSDT such that the number of ports injected by USBInjectAll.kext is within the 15-port limit.

Hello Shinji3rd!

So comes my first question: you installed NullEthernet because you don't have internal wifi or ethernet hardware, right? I didn't install it.

The one thing I struggle with is the brightness fn keys. I can control brightness from Prefs>Monitors, but not with fn keys, any idea?

Thanks again for this great guide!

Indeed, this laptop does not have an internal ethernet adapter, and it's best to have one for a working iMessage and Facetime.

About fn keys, that was solved for me applying the Fn Brightness Keys patch to my DSDT file, from the ASUS DSDT patches file here in the guide.

This is an installation guide for the Asus UX310UAK (or UX310UA-FC620T) laptop with MacOS Sierra. This is intended to install MacOS only, removing Windows. This guide is based on and adapted from Patou75's guide for UX330UA here https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...n-on-asus-ux330ua-skylake-clover-uefi.204479/

Brightness Fix was provided by the great @RehabMan. I have followed this post to get the needed files and patches: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...rol-using-applebacklightinjector-kext.218222/

What's working ?

Everything except Wi-Fi/Bluetooth and multitouch gestures and scroll.

Note:

At the time of this guide, multitouch is not supported for the touchpad (including two fingers for scroll).
Follow these two websites for the I2C kext (the kext needed for the trackpad) for status updates:

https://gitter.im/alexandred/VoodooI2C
https://github.com/alexandred/VoodooI2C

There is also a support thread for this on this same forum: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/wip-voodooi2c-i2c-trackpad-limited-support.204227

The Internet WIFI/Bluetooth chip will not work on this laptop. Intel chips are not supported at this time on hackintosh. You need to replace it with a DW1560 from eBay or Amazon for around $30. This is highly recommended versus buying an external USB Wi-Fi adapter.

Pre-Installation Items Needed:

Post-Installation Items Needed:

Step 1:

Setup your BIOS at bootup using the ESC on your keyboard and select the following options:
  1. First, activate Advanced Mode
  2. Check that DVMT is set to 64M. If not, set that value
  3. VT-d = disabled
  4. Disabled Secure Boot

Step 2:

Create the USB installer using UniBeast from the Mac where you have dowloaded Sierra installer from App Store. It is really easy, follow the guide here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ierra-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.200564/

Step 3:

Before attempting to boot your newly created USB Thumb Drive, replace the clover generated config.plist with the modified config.plist for Intel HD615_620_630_640_650.plist from RehabMan (rename it as config.plist and overwrite). The config.plist that clover creates by default will NOT work.

Step 4:

Open up the folder /Clover/kexts/Other/ and verify the following kexts are placed in the folder (there will be others too, that's ok):
  • FakeSMC.kext
  • VoodooPS2Controller.kext
Also put HFSPlus.efi in /Clover/drivers64UEFI/

Step 5:

Put the USB stick in a USB port on your ASUS, and power on. For selecting your USB to boot, press the ESC key during boot up.

When you reach the Installer, open Utilities, select Disk Utility, and format the HDD as HFS+ Journaled. Name the HDD as you like. I prefer to call it "MacOS" but that is up to you. After that, start and complete the installation process.

Step 6:

After the instalttion process, make sure you install Clover to the Mac HD so you don’t have to keep booting into Sierra via your Thumb Drive. Customize the installation, and select the following options for your HDD Clover Installation:

-Install for UEFI booting only
-Install Clover in the ESP
-Drivers64UEFI -> OsxAptioFix2Drv-64
-Install RC scripts on target volume
-Install all RC scripts on all other bootable OS X volume
-Optional: Themes -> CloverThemeManager.app (This will install an App that you can use to preview, download and use themes for Clover bootloader)

Step 7:

After following the above steps and successfully installing Sierra as well as Clover to the Mac HD, install Clover Configurator, open it, and use the option to mount the EFI partition of your HDD. you need to add these kets to EFI/Clover/kexts/10.12 and EFI/Clover/kexts/Other just for updating purposes:
  • FakeSMC.kext
Also, replace the created config.plist with RehabMan's config.plist. The same you have used for the installation USB Thumb Drive. DO NOT FORGET THIS, IT IS IMPORTANT.

Lastly, put HFSPlus.efi into EFI/Clover/drivers64UEFI/

Step 8:

Reboot your computer booting without the USB, and get to the clover loading screen. Do NOT boot into Sierra yet, just press any arrow key to stop the countdown if you need it. Then, press the keyboard F4 button once in order to download the system DSDT and SSDT files to clover. This will be done automatically AFTER you press the F4 button ONCE and you will not see any message as indicative, that is normal. Proceed in booting into MacOS.

Note: You will find unpatched DSDT and SSDT's on EFI/Clover/ACPI/origin

Step 9:

Now we are going to patch the DSDT and SSDT so your laptop will function like a "Real" Macintosh with the proper Power Management, Battery Indicator, Screen Brightness Control, etc.

For patching the DSDT and SSDT, I followed this guide here… READ THIS slowly!!! It can be difficult to understand if you’ve never done a DSDT and SSDT patch before: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/
I've included here a refs.txt file, like the one recommended on that post, for you to use to patch the DSDT and SSDT's as a group with iASL.

Of course you will need internet by sharing the internet connection with USB using your phone for example. Or you can also copy the extracted DSDT and SSDT's to a USB drive, and take them to the Mac you used to download the Sierra installer and do the patching process there.

Please read and follow the instructions in the above link before going down further here:

-Use the MaciASL 6.1 application that you should have downloaded from the above link.

-Go to Preferences, and make sure iASL 6.1 is selected. Click the Sources tab, click the "+" and the following Patch Info:
Name = Rehabman
URL = http://raw.github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch/master

-It is good to create a copy of your system DSDT and SSDT's to work with the copies and thus keep the originals untouched in case you need them in the future.

-These are the patches I used for my DSDT. I applied this in order from top to bottom:
  • "Asus N55SL/VivoBook Battery Patch"
  • "ALS Haswell" (DSDT Patch specific for Ambient Light Sensor from the attached Asus DSDT patches ZIP file)
  • "Fn Brightness Keys" (for ASUS Fn keys from the attached Asus DSDT patches ZIP file)
  • "NullEthernet" patch from RehabMan to make it work with the kext
  • "Shutdown Fix v2"
After trying to compile the DSDT, I got 1 error about BNUM. Just search for BNUM and delete the line
Code:
External (BNUM, UnknownObj)    // (from opcode)

Compile, save, and save as DSDT.aml

For all the SSDT's:

Just open them, and save them as SSDT-x.aml (the x is the corresponding number. In my case they go from 0 to 12). If you receive errors compiling SSDT-12.aml, you need to apply "Remove _DSM methods" (as per ACPI patching guide) only on that SSDT and compile.

Step 10:

By now you should have your created SSDT's.aml and DSDT.aml files created. Place these files along with the rest of your system files into your EFI HDD Partition. To open your EFI HD, just open Clover Configuration and use the option to mount EFI. Navigate to the following folder: EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched/ and place your modified DSDT.aml and modified SSDT's.aml.

Also place these kexts into EFI/Clover/kexts/10.12 and EFI/Clover/kexts/Other:
  • ACPIBatteryManager.kext
  • AsusNBFnKeys.kext
  • FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext
  • FakePCIID.kext
  • FakeSMC.kext (should be there already from previous step)
  • IntelGraphicsFixup.kext
  • Lilu.kext
  • NullEthernet.kext
  • USBInjectAll.kext
  • VoodooPS2Controller.kext (should be there already from previous step)

Step 11:

-Open Clover Configurator. Go to Mount EFI, and mount your HDD EFI Partition. Then touch the Home icon, and load the file EFI/Clover/config.plist

-Go to SMBIOS and change it to MacBook Pro 13,3. Leave the App open.

-Install and open AppleHDA Patcher.

-After opening up select laptop "CX8050". On your desktop you should have a new folder called "MironeAudio". Navigate to MironeAudio/14f11f72/279.48/clover.

-Here you should have a config.plist. Open it with Clover Configurator, and another window will open. Go to the Kernel and Kext Patches, and you will see a patch there. Now double click and copy the first field (Name), change the window of the App to the one with your system's config.plist, go to the Kernel and Kext Patches section, press the + sign at the bottom and paste the copied value into the first field. Repeat with the remaining fields (Find, Replace, Comment). Do not close this window after you finish.

-Now open the file "Brightness Fix.zip" and extract the contents. You will see a config_patches.plist there. Do the same as in the previous step, open it with Clover Configurator and copy / paste all the values ONLY FROM THE PATCH WITH THE COMMENT "change F%uT%04x to F%uTxxxx in AppleBacklightInjector.kext (credit RehabMan)" to your config.plist using the other Clover Configurator window you used in the previous step.

-Now hit File -> Save to save changes. Close all windows of the App.

Step 12:

Open finder, use the menu option "Go to folder" and go to /System/Library/Extensions/. There, find and delete these kexts:
  • AppleIntelLpssI2C.kext
  • AppleIntelLpssI2CController.kext

Now use Kext Wizard to finish installing the rest of the Kexts on the laptop into System/Library/Extensions. Unlike with the previous kexts for Clover, DO NOT DRAG AND DROP THESE IN THE FOLDER. Use the Installation tab in Kext Wizard to install, drag and drop the kexts there, and after they are installed, select the Maintainance tab, make sure it says System/Library/Extensions and check Repair Permissions and Rebuild Cache. The kexts that need to be installed with kext wizard are:
  • aDummyHDA.kext (from the MironeAudio/14f11f72/279.48/clover in your Desktop)
  • VoodooI2C.kext
  • AppleBacklightInjector.kext
These three kexts will not work properly if you put them in EFI/Clover, so please follow the instructions and install them in S/L/E as instructed.

Also open EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched and put SSDT-PNLF.aml from the "Brightness Fix zip" file there.

Step 13:

Restart the Mac. You will have a fully working Mac now :) BUT we need to do one extra step.

Step 14:

Touchpad support is limited yet, and it has a bug preventing it to work after the laptop wakes from sleep. There is a workaround for that as per haimann951's post here #349 that we will apply now, but in my case I don't need to disable trackpad so I just use sleepwatcher with the Sleepfixer script turned into an App and that's all. After waking up from sleep, Sleepfixer App is automatically launched and it unloads and reload the VoodooI2C.kext making the touchpad to work again.

Keep in mind that sometimes it does not work, so you will have to press Command + Space (in my case command is the left "alt" key) and spotlight will open. You just write Sleepfixer and it will find the Sleepfixer App. Press enter and the process to unload and reload VoodooI2C.kext will complete one more time, making touchpad work again.

FINISH!

NOTE : All USB 3.0 are working, USB-C too, Webcam too, SD Card reader too.

NOTE 2: To make iMessage work, you will need some extra changes. Check this guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/an-idiots-guide-to-imessage.196827/

Thanks to:

@RehabMan for his great work. You are the greatest.
@haimann951 for his workaround for ELAN 1200 touchpad.
@ben9923 for his patience and his great help. Without him I wouldn't be able to make the touchpad work.
And @patou75 for the UX330UA guide that I used not only as template, but also as guide and source of information to install Mac on my own system.
This is an installation guide for the Asus UX310UAK (or UX310UA-FC620T) laptop with MacOS Sierra. This is intended to install MacOS only, removing Windows. This guide is based on and adapted from Patou75's guide for UX330UA here https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...n-on-asus-ux330ua-skylake-clover-uefi.204479/

Brightness Fix was provided by the great @RehabMan. I have followed this post to get the needed files and patches: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...rol-using-applebacklightinjector-kext.218222/

What's working ?

Everything except Wi-Fi/Bluetooth and multitouch gestures and scroll.

Note:

At the time of this guide, multitouch is not supported for the touchpad (including two fingers for scroll).
Follow these two websites for the I2C kext (the kext needed for the trackpad) for status updates:

https://gitter.im/alexandred/VoodooI2C
https://github.com/alexandred/VoodooI2C

There is also a support thread for this on this same forum: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/wip-voodooi2c-i2c-trackpad-limited-support.204227

The Internet WIFI/Bluetooth chip will not work on this laptop. Intel chips are not supported at this time on hackintosh. You need to replace it with a DW1560 from eBay or Amazon for around $30. This is highly recommended versus buying an external USB Wi-Fi adapter.

Pre-Installation Items Needed:

Post-Installation Items Needed:

Step 1:

Setup your BIOS at bootup using the ESC on your keyboard and select the following options:
  1. First, activate Advanced Mode
  2. Check that DVMT is set to 64M. If not, set that value
  3. VT-d = disabled
  4. Disabled Secure Boot

Step 2:

Create the USB installer using UniBeast from the Mac where you have dowloaded Sierra installer from App Store. It is really easy, follow the guide here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ierra-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.200564/

Step 3:

Before attempting to boot your newly created USB Thumb Drive, replace the clover generated config.plist with the modified config.plist for Intel HD615_620_630_640_650.plist from RehabMan (rename it as config.plist and overwrite). The config.plist that clover creates by default will NOT work.

Step 4:

Open up the folder /Clover/kexts/Other/ and verify the following kexts are placed in the folder (there will be others too, that's ok):
  • FakeSMC.kext
Also put HFSPlus.efi in /Clover/drivers64UEFI/

Step 5:

Put the USB stick in a USB port on your ASUS, and power on. For selecting your USB to boot, press the ESC key during boot up.

When you reach the Installer, open Utilities, select Disk Utility, and format the HDD as HFS+ Journaled. Name the HDD as you like. I prefer to call it "MacOS" but that is up to you. After that, start and complete the installation process.

Step 6:

After the instalttion process, make sure you install Clover to the Mac HD so you don’t have to keep booting into Sierra via your Thumb Drive. Customize the installation, and select the following options for your HDD Clover Installation:

-Install for UEFI booting only
-Install Clover in the ESP
-Drivers64UEFI -> OsxAptioFix2Drv-64
-Install RC scripts on target volume
-Install all RC scripts on all other bootable OS X volume
-Optional: Themes -> CloverThemeManager.app (This will install an App that you can use to preview, download and use themes for Clover bootloader)

Step 7:

After following the above steps and successfully installing Sierra as well as Clover to the Mac HD, install Clover Configurator, open it, and use the option to mount the EFI partition of your HDD. you need to add these kets to EFI/Clover/kexts/10.12 and EFI/Clover/kexts/Other just for updating purposes:
  • FakeSMC.kext
Also, replace the created config.plist with RehabMan's config.plist. The same you have used for the installation USB Thumb Drive. DO NOT FORGET THIS, IT IS IMPORTANT.

Lastly, put HFSPlus.efi into EFI/Clover/drivers64UEFI/

Step 8:

Reboot your computer booting without the USB, and get to the clover loading screen. Do NOT boot into Sierra yet, just press any arrow key to stop the countdown if you need it. Then, press the keyboard F4 button once in order to download the system DSDT and SSDT files to clover. This will be done automatically AFTER you press the F4 button ONCE and you will not see any message as indicative, that is normal. Proceed in booting into MacOS.

Note: You will find unpatched DSDT and SSDT's on EFI/Clover/ACPI/origin

Step 9:

Now we are going to patch the DSDT and SSDT so your laptop will function like a "Real" Macintosh with the proper Power Management, Battery Indicator, Screen Brightness Control, etc.

For patching the DSDT and SSDT, I followed this guide here… READ THIS slowly!!! It can be difficult to understand if you’ve never done a DSDT and SSDT patch before: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/
I've included here a refs.txt file, like the one recommended on that post, for you to use to patch the DSDT and SSDT's as a group with iASL.

Of course you will need internet by sharing the internet connection with USB using your phone for example. Or you can also copy the extracted DSDT and SSDT's to a USB drive, and take them to the Mac you used to download the Sierra installer and do the patching process there.

Please read and follow the instructions in the above link before going down further here:

-Use the MaciASL 6.1 application that you should have downloaded from the above link.

-Go to Preferences, and make sure iASL 6.1 is selected. Click the Sources tab, click the "+" and the following Patch Info:
Name = Rehabman
URL = http://raw.github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch/master

-It is good to create a copy of your system DSDT and SSDT's to work with the copies and thus keep the originals untouched in case you need them in the future.

-These are the patches I used for my DSDT. I applied this in order from top to bottom:
  • "Asus N55SL/VivoBook Battery Patch"
  • "ALS Haswell" (DSDT Patch specific for Ambient Light Sensor from the attached Asus DSDT patches ZIP file)
  • "Fn Brightness Keys" (for ASUS Fn keys from the attached Asus DSDT patches ZIP file)
  • "NullEthernet" patch from RehabMan to make it work with the kext
  • "Shutdown Fix v2"
After trying to compile the DSDT, I got 1 error about BNUM. Just search for BNUM and delete the line
Code:
External (BNUM, UnknownObj)    // (from opcode)

Compile, save, and save as DSDT.aml

For all the SSDT's:

Just open them, and save them as SSDT-x.aml (the x is the corresponding number. In my case they go from 0 to 12). If you receive errors compiling SSDT-12.aml, you need to apply "Remove _DSM methods" (as per ACPI patching guide) only on that SSDT and compile.

Step 10:

By now you should have your created SSDT's.aml and DSDT.aml files created. Place these files along with the rest of your system files into your EFI HDD Partition. To open your EFI HD, just open Clover Configuration and use the option to mount EFI. Navigate to the following folder: EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched/ and place your modified DSDT.aml and modified SSDT's.aml.

Also place these kexts into EFI/Clover/kexts/10.12 and EFI/Clover/kexts/Other:
  • ACPIBatteryManager.kext
  • AsusNBFnKeys.kext
  • FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext
  • FakePCIID.kext
  • FakeSMC.kext (should be there already from previous step)
  • IntelGraphicsFixup.kext
  • Lilu.kext
  • NullEthernet.kext
  • USBInjectAll.kext
  • VoodooPS2Controller.kext (should be there already from previous step)

Step 11:

-Open Clover Configurator. Go to Mount EFI, and mount your HDD EFI Partition. Then touch the Home icon, and load the file EFI/Clover/config.plist

-Go to SMBIOS and change it to MacBook Pro 13,3. Leave the App open.

-Install and open AppleHDA Patcher.

-After opening up select laptop "CX8050". On your desktop you should have a new folder called "MironeAudio". Navigate to MironeAudio/14f11f72/279.48/clover.

-Here you should have a config.plist. Open it with Clover Configurator, and another window will open. Go to the Kernel and Kext Patches, and you will see a patch there. Now double click and copy the first field (Name), change the window of the App to the one with your system's config.plist, go to the Kernel and Kext Patches section, press the + sign at the bottom and paste the copied value into the first field. Repeat with the remaining fields (Find, Replace, Comment). Do not close this window after you finish.

-Now open the file "Brightness Fix.zip" and extract the contents. You will see a config_patches.plist there. Do the same as in the previous step, open it with Clover Configurator and copy / paste all the values ONLY FROM THE PATCH WITH THE COMMENT "change F%uT%04x to F%uTxxxx in AppleBacklightInjector.kext (credit RehabMan)" to your config.plist using the other Clover Configurator window you used in the previous step.

-Now hit File -> Save to save changes. Close all windows of the App.

Step 12:

Open finder, use the menu option "Go to folder" and go to /System/Library/Extensions/. There, find and delete these kexts:
  • AppleIntelLpssI2C.kext
  • AppleIntelLpssI2CController.kext

Now use Kext Wizard to finish installing the rest of the Kexts on the laptop into System/Library/Extensions. Unlike with the previous kexts for Clover, DO NOT DRAG AND DROP THESE IN THE FOLDER. Use the Installation tab in Kext Wizard to install, drag and drop the kexts there, and after they are installed, select the Maintainance tab, make sure it says System/Library/Extensions and check Repair Permissions and Rebuild Cache. The kexts that need to be installed with kext wizard are:
  • aDummyHDA.kext (from the MironeAudio/14f11f72/279.48/clover in your Desktop)
  • VoodooI2C.kext
  • AppleBacklightInjector.kext
These three kexts will not work properly if you put them in EFI/Clover, so please follow the instructions and install them in S/L/E as instructed.

Also open EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched and put SSDT-PNLF.aml from the "Brightness Fix zip" file there.

Step 13:

Restart the Mac. You will have a fully working Mac now :) BUT we need to do one extra step.

Step 14:

Touchpad support is limited yet, and it has a bug preventing it to work after the laptop wakes from sleep. There is a workaround for that as per haimann951's post here #349 that we will apply now, but in my case I don't need to disable trackpad so I just use sleepwatcher with the Sleepfixer script turned into an App and that's all. After waking up from sleep, Sleepfixer App is automatically launched and it unloads and reload the VoodooI2C.kext making the touchpad to work again.

Keep in mind that sometimes it does not work, so you will have to press Command + Space (in my case command is the left "alt" key) and spotlight will open. You just write Sleepfixer and it will find the Sleepfixer App. Press enter and the process to unload and reload VoodooI2C.kext will complete one more time, making touchpad work again.

FINISH!

NOTE : All USB 3.0 are working, USB-C too, Webcam too, SD Card reader too.

NOTE 2: To make iMessage work, you will need some extra changes. Check this guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/an-idiots-guide-to-imessage.196827/

Thanks to:

@RehabMan for his great work. You are the greatest.
@haimann951 for his workaround for ELAN 1200 touchpad.
@ben9923 for his patience and his great help. Without him I wouldn't be able to make the touchpad work.
And @patou75 for the UX330UA guide that I used not only as template, but also as guide and source of information to install Mac on my own system.

hi Shinji3rd,

what patch have you applied to enable sd card reader?

Thx!

None, it works natively in this case, no patch or kext for it.

Is this ELAN1200 touchpad driver supported?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back