Contribute
Register

[Guide] ASUS Zenbook UX310UA (& UX310UQK) macOS Mojave / Catalina with Clover (& Big Sur / Monterey using OpenCore EFI) Installation Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Success!

The USBInjectAll process was actually easier than I thought. Now the laptop sleeps also on AC power, and all USB ports appear to be working fine. Only thing I'm missing is the USB type C port, but just because I couldn't find a type C device to discover it with Ioreg. I will probably add it to the SSDT once I need it.

Thanks for the help!

They have replied with an automated answer, and no further actions were taken. They will not update the BIOS, not worth the effort I believe. But that's fine, I don't mind now, because new VoodooI2C files works great with multitouch and all.

Hi @Shinji3rd, I see that you are using AppleALC now... and I want to see also out if you have a headset microphone Ext or Line in? (in 10.12 worked for me, and 10.13.6, Mojave no). The touchpad works two fingers swap pages or not? Thanks!

Hi @Shinji3rd, I see that you are using AppleALC now... and I want to see also out if you have a headset microphone Ext or Line in? (in 10.12 worked for me, and 10.13.6, Mojave no). The touchpad works two fingers swap pages or not? Thanks!

Hi! Yes, I'm using AppleALC now, it is really better. But I haven't tested the mic. I am using a USB headset so I never needed the headphones analog port.

About 2 fingers to swap pages, it does not work with the current VoodooI2C version. But there is an alternate version with native gestures that supports all those gestures, even rotate, or open notifications center with two fingers slide from the right. You can try it out if you want. Find it attached here.

Attachments

• VoodooI2C Native Gestures.zip
    140 KB · Views: 202
Hi! Yes, I'm using AppleALC now, it is really better. But I haven't tested the mic. I am using a USB headset so I never needed the headphones analog port.

About 2 fingers to swap pages, it does not work with the current VoodooI2C version. But there is an alternate version with native gestures that supports all those gestures, even rotate, or open notifications center with two fingers slide from the right. You can try it out if you want. Find it attached here.

@Shinji3rd Great thanks for kext! Works nice!
For our laptop, I flashing the last bios of 308. And the minimum fan speed is now 1000rpm less. Works very quietly.
fan.png

Thanks for the Voodooi2C alternative! Now I can use 3 fingers to swap between full screen apps :clap:
Do you have the source or the release web page?

About AppleALC: I've been using it for quite a while with no issues, but I just noticed that the Input volume in System prefs has no real effect on the internal microphone's gain. The microphone works, but I think its input gain is always set to max.

Anyone having the same issue?

Attachments

• debug_5879.zip
    4 MB · Views: 192
About AppleALC: I've been using it for quite a while with no issues, but I just noticed that the Input volume in System prefs has no real effect on the internal microphone's gain. The microphone works, but I think its input gain is always set to max.

Anyone having the same issue?

Yes, this codec Conexant8050 using the AppleALC does not adjust the microphone and there is no Linein (Extmic). If you need a sensitivity adjustment and a Linein, then try VoodooHDA, but there will not be an HDMI sound.

I will give VoodooHDA a try then...

But will I be able to get audio from the headphone jack if I connect the laptop to a projector from the HDMI cable?

Is the headphone jack autoswitch working with VoodooHDA? I remember dropping it because of that, but it was many years ago...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back