Contribute
Register

[Guide] ASUS Zenbook UX310UA (& UX310UQK) macOS Mojave / Catalina with Clover (& Big Sur / Monterey using OpenCore EFI) Installation Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your ACPI configuration is not correct.
See guide, "Recommended configurations":
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

I started over with the guide to patch the DSDTs and SSDTs. I extracted them with Clover F4. I believe I am using the Partial hotpatch with patched SSDTs recommended configuration. I applied the patches listed on page 1 of this guide. I also applied the common patches which I didn't do before. I did not apply the following:

"OS Check Fix"
"Fix PNOT/PPNT" (use only if you're dropping CPU related SSDTs)
"Add IMEI" (do not use if your DSDT or SSDTs already have IMEI/HECI/MEI device)

When I ran iasl with refs.txt, I got an error when running on all SSDTs and DSDTs. I removed one of the SSDTs and it then successfully created all the dsl files. As before, my brightness keys and slider in system preferences are working. I still do not have the keyboard backlight or proper sleep functionality working. I must be doing something wrong but I am not sure what.

Attachments

• debug_30515.zip
    4.3 MB · Views: 131
I started over with the guide to patch the DSDTs and SSDTs. I extracted them with Clover F4. I believe I am using the Partial hotpatch with patched SSDTs recommended configuration. I applied the patches listed on page 1 of this guide. I also applied the common patches which I didn't do before. I did not apply the following:

"OS Check Fix"
"Fix PNOT/PPNT" (use only if you're dropping CPU related SSDTs)
"Add IMEI" (do not use if your DSDT or SSDTs already have IMEI/HECI/MEI device)

When I ran iasl with refs.txt, I got an error when running on all SSDTs and DSDTs. I removed one of the SSDTs and it then successfully created all the dsl files. As before, my brightness keys and slider in system preferences are working. I still do not have the keyboard backlight or proper sleep functionality working. I must be doing something wrong but I am not sure what.

With your system (not dual-GPU), no need to have any patched SSDTs in ACPI/patched. All renames can (and probably are) be done with config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Patches.

Remove all patched SSDTs from ACPI/patched leaving only DSDT.aml and SSDT-PNLF.aml. Note that you can also skip applying any patch to DSDT.aml (renames) that is already done via config.plist.

Your kextcache output proves kexts are not installed correctly.
All kexts you need must be installed to the system volume.
Read post #2 of the Clover guide for details:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

I removed the generated SSDTs and repatched DSDT using only the patches listed on page 1 of this guide. I am not sure how to interpret output of kextcache -i to know if kexts are installed properly. I removed the kexts that the guide says should be in S/L/E (had been installed with kextwizard) and reinstalled using kext beast to S/L/E. I wasn't clear if I should install them into L/E or S/L/E I left the kexts in Clover/kexts that the this guide says should be in there. The output of kextcache -i looks the same. I'm not noticing any changes. Sleep and keyboard backlight still not working. didn't get a chance to check external monitor again.

I really appreciate all the help.

Attachments

• debug_28999.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 78
in this weekend i try to upload the compile error , thanks a lot , but i cant find answar about wifi driver , the battery driver dont working so good , it show me always 0 % , i think this error it's because i didnt patch because i got error when i try to compile .
I love osx sierra , because it's so fast , i try to boot high sierra , but the installation stuck , i think i get Kernel Panic , i follow your guide , its so usefull , thanks a lot again

sorry for my bad english

If anyone is trying to get VoodooI2C 2.0.1 working for their trackpad and having a problem after following the GPIO pinning steps, try 0x51. Following the steps, I got 6D/0x55 which didn't work. 0x51 got everything working

As of now I have a 98% working Hack. Just got trackpad working with VoodooI2c 2.0.1. The only major thing I don't have working is wake from sleep. The screen backlight comes back on, but not the contents of the screen to be able to work. I can change the brightness of the black screen with function keys and turn screen off with function keys, but it just won't wake from sleep. Attaching problem reporting files again. Any help would be greatly appreciated...this sleep issue is the only thing preventing this from being a truly usable machine and I seem to be one of the only people unable to get sleep working on this type of machine.

Attachments

• debug_26640.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 93
As of now I have a 98% working Hack. Just got trackpad working with VoodooI2c 2.0.1. The only major thing I don't have working is wake from sleep. The screen backlight comes back on, but not the contents of the screen to be able to work. I can change the brightness of the black screen with function keys and turn screen off with function keys, but it just won't wake from sleep. Attaching problem reporting files again. Any help would be greatly appreciated...this sleep issue is the only thing preventing this from being a truly usable machine and I seem to be one of the only people unable to get sleep working on this type of machine.
Create a display override for your display :)
You may do that with the FixEDID app.

Read here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ade-to-high-sierra.237050/page-5#post-1637335

Create a display override for your display :)
You may do that with the FixEDID app.

Read here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ade-to-high-sierra.237050/page-5#post-1637335
Thanks to @RehabMan and @ben9923, sleep/wake issue is resolved. It looks like it also fixed my issue with an external monitor. I have a fully functioning hackintosh! I am using VoodooHDA for audio which probably isn't ideal. At some point I will go back and try getting audio working with AppleHDA but for now I am content. This guide got me about 90-95% of the way with installing High Sierra. Keyboard backlight, sleep/wake and fully functioning trackpad took some more effort. The last mile is always the hardest. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back