Contribute
Register

[Guide] ASUS Zenbook UX310UA (& UX310UQK) macOS Mojave / Catalina with Clover (& Big Sur / Monterey using OpenCore EFI) Installation Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
OpenCore updated to 0.7.0, and all kexts are up-to-date too. If any of you want to try it, remember to first generate and add a SMUUID, ROM, and MLB serial into config.plist. You can use OpenCore Configurator for that (Platform Info -> DataHub - Generic - PlatformNVRAM)
Thank you !!

will give it a try tonight !

I tried a new opencore, almost everything works, but the battery display is broken (always 1%) and the keyboard backlight still does not work.

ps: if anyone has a working keyboard backlight in big sur, please share, thanks.

I tried a new opencore, almost everything works, but the battery display is broken (always 1%) and the keyboard backlight still does not work.

ps: if anyone has a working keyboard backlight in big sur, please share, thanks.
Battery should work fine. Try resetting nvram.

About the keyboard backlight, try using this: https://github.com/black-dragon74/ROG-HID

I use that kext and it’s included in my EFI here. But keyboard backlight is broken on Big Sur, as stated in one of the reported issues there. The kext was not updated to fix that and hieplpvip recommended the use of the other kext I mentioned in my previous response. Sadly, I can’t test that as my model does not have a backlit keyboard.

Update July 14th, 2021: Monterey is here! OpenCore updated to 0.7.1, and all kexts are up-to-date too. If any of you want to try it, remember to first generate and add a SMUUID, ROM, SystemSerialNumber and MLB into config.plist. You can use OpenCore Configurator (always use the latest version) for that (Platform Info -> DataHub - Generic - PlatformNVRAM). IMPORTANT: This time I'm including USBPorts.kext, with perfect injection of the USB ports and internal devices in my laptop. Usually, all the UX310 and even UX410 have the same port mapping, but in case that you experience some issues, de-activate that kext, or replace it with your own kext. If you don't have one and you need it, follow this awesome guide by @UtterDisbelief: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/the-new-beginners-guide-to-usb-port-configuration.286553/

I use that kext and it’s included in my EFI here. But keyboard backlight is broken on Big Sur, as stated in one of the reported issues there. The kext was not updated to fix that and hieplpvip recommended the use of the other kext I mentioned in my previous response. Sadly, I can’t test that as my model does not have a backlit keyboard.
The UX310UA-FC329T Has Backlight, but you need to install proprietary Asus drivers on Windows 10 to get it to work !
And i have Big Sur and perfectly working keyboard backlight

Attachments

• Big Sur Backlight.png
    Big Sur Backlight.png
    7 MB · Views: 84
  • IMG_20210627_131613.jpg
    IMG_20210627_131613.jpg
    5.5 MB · Views: 79
The UX310UA-FC329T Has Backlight, but you need to install proprietary Asus drivers on Windows 10 to get it to work !
And i have Big Sur and perfectly working keyboard backlight
Could you give more detail for how you did this?
I'm still on Catalina - not really wanting to trawl through the whole process of getting everything to work yet again, but would be interested in getting the kb backlight working if poss. I have multiboot with Win10 and Catalina.

I d/l the ATK driver (Version V1.0.0061) from Asus, is this the one you mean? And how does it get used in the OC boot - some obscure EFI magic?

Update July 18th, 2021: Minor update. Fixed some kext placements that were leading to trackpad and bluetooth not working, updated CpuTscSync to the latest commit working for Monterey (including sleep/wake) and removed the old TSCAdjustReset.

Could you give more detail for how you did this?
I'm still on Catalina - not really wanting to trawl through the whole process of getting everything to work yet again, but would be interested in getting the kb backlight working if poss. I have multiboot with Win10 and Catalina.

I d/l the ATK driver (Version V1.0.0061) from Asus, is this the one you mean? And how does it get used in the OC boot - some obscure EFI magic?

I used this EFI folder from @brunogermain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back