Contribute
Register

[Guide] ASUS Zenbook UX310UA (& UX310UQK) macOS Mojave / Catalina with Clover (& Big Sur / Monterey using OpenCore EFI) Installation Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
does my efi folder give you a kernel panic? if so, can you post it?
Nevermind, i think my bootusb was broken, i made a new guid partition afps boot usb and now i can boot with your EFI folder and i have backlight keyboard again !, with -V added to boot args. It looks like i can not boot into macos without -V

Last edited:
Nevermind, i think my bootusb was broken, i made a new guid partition afps boot usb and now i can boot with your EFI folder and i have backlight keyboard again !, with -V added to boot args. It looks like i can not boot into macos without -V
try resetting NVRAM

try resetting NVRAM
I just did that, now it is booting again, thanks for your help !
IMG_20210108_101248.jpg

Im able to boot windows 10 from opencore 0.6.4.

I installed Windows after I installed MacOS, but on a separate m.2 SSD, and it boots perfectly into windows or MacOS
and with your EFI folder i can not boot Windows From the OpenCore Menu so i will try to fix that this weekend

They do indeed, at least ASMC and FNKEYS. Try disabling them and you lose brightness control.
Modifying ASMC, I got the Keyboard Backlight widget to show when hitting Fn+F3-F4, but unfortunately no light. I also got Fn+F1 (sleep) and Fn+F2 (Airplane mode) to work.

Please try with the attached EFI folder
If that doesn't work you try with the KabyLake config (also attached). It's the one that works with my setup
Good luck!

anyone know how to enable Hyper-Threading, how does this work in bigsur. I only see two cores but I should have others with H-Threading as in windows

Last edited:
and with your EFI folder i can not boot Windows From the OpenCore Menu so i will try to fix that this weekend
Post results if you succeed!
The SSDT in my efi folder lacks “If (_OSI (“Darwin”))” conditions. This is what bothers Windows.
I tried to correct it, but since I rarely use Windows, booting from BIOS was good enough for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back