Contribute
Register

[Guide] ASUS Zenbook UX310UA (& UX310UQK) macOS Mojave / Catalina with Clover (& Big Sur / Monterey using OpenCore EFI) Installation Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello
I attach my efi folder, it is practically the same as bruno, just update some kext.
I would like to have a table where the kext and its function are reflected
For example:
AirportItlwm_v1.0_Beta_BigSur.kext -------> Intel network driver only works with big sur
- IntelBluetooth -------------------------------> intel bluetooh driver

already tried to copy kext CpuTscSync, registered in config. No result. My BIOS version is 301. I used to be able to install and everything worked without any problems, but then I updated the bootloader version and the Big Sur version, nothing works. Boot, an apple, then a gray screen and a moving mouse. And nothing happens. Can you give me your EFI folder so I can try.
This guide is for UX310UA. You have a different model

I am on opencore and I could not.. USB C port is working for storage devices though.. I am also struggling to get my HDMI out working.
Asus Vivobook R541/ Core i5-7200u
-I am getting graphics acceleration and correct VRAM in sys info though.
HDMI was never a problem for me, But using a 4k screen running at 60H is sadly impossible for me

This guide is for UX310UA. You have a different model
Hi Bruno
Can you refer me to a guide (beginner) to help me understand the configuration of the EFI folder, the kext, the config, etc. so that in the future I can make changes

Hi Bruno
Can you refer me to a guide (beginner) to help me understand the configuration of the EFI folder, the kext, the config, etc. so that in the future I can make changes
start with the links in my signature

Succeeded to get keyboard backlight working (thanks to hieplpvip Zenbook repo). Everything's working now, except HDMI audio out, which is working fine with Clover.
Booting with Clover, ig-platform-id and device-id in IoReg IGPU shows 1659, while with OpenCore is 1619. I believe this might be the cause of the HDMI audio not working in OpenCore.
I tried changing ig-platform-id in config Device Properties to 1659, but it caused a kernel panic on boot, and it also broke boot with Clover (same kernel panic), no matter how many times I cleared NVRAM with OpenCore or hitting F11 with Clover. I managed to restore the working config only by booting from an external HDD backup.

Attached are working Opencore EFI folder and IoReg, Clover debug files and the modified OpenCore config.plist that caused the KP.

Any suggestion would be very much appreciated. I feel like I'm close to get it working, but I'm definitely missing somethingini
i do not think you have the right acpi files ? when i look in my acpi folder i have a lot more files. i am trying to figure out which file i need to modify to get keyboard backlight working again.
Screenshot 2021-01-05 at 16.14.29.png

Hi
I have a problem with the right click, when I right click it appears and disappears intermittently. asus ux310uak

already tried to copy kext CpuTscSync, registered in config. No result. My BIOS version is 301. I used to be able to install and everything worked without any problems, but then I updated the bootloader version and the Big Sur version, nothing works. Boot, an apple, then a gray screen and a moving mouse. And nothing happens. Can you give me your EFI folder so I can try.
good day
Sorry I thought I had already attached it. attached folder

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    25.2 MB · Views: 76
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back