Contribute
Register

[Guide] ASUS Zenbook UX310UA (& UX310UQK) macOS Mojave / Catalina with Clover (& Big Sur / Monterey using OpenCore EFI) Installation Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear @Feartech,

Thanks for the tip about the "igfxonln=1"bootarg. I can confirm this also works like a charm on a UX310UA with an i3-6100U to enable the HDMI monitor on boot and resume after sleep.
I also added "igfxfcms=1" after reading through the list of WhatEverGreen bootargs, and now the built-in display is also active at boot. This is apparently required only for SkyLake.
I now have three active displays (built-in, HDMI port and USB-C) on boot and on resume. Very nice!

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear @Feartech,

Thanks for the tip about the "igfxonln=1"bootarg. I can confirm this also works like a charm on a UX310UA with an i3-6100U to enable the HDMI monitor on boot and resume after sleep.
I also added "igfxfcms=1" after reading through the list of WhatEverGreen bootargs, and now the built-in display is also active at boot. This is apparently required only for SkyLake.
I now have three active displays (built-in, HDMI port and USB-C) on boot and on resume. Very nice!
nice! well done! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone has a efi with the newest version of Opencore (0.8.5)? I am considering doing a clean installl for macOS Ventura, But i am still at OpenCore 0.7.5 with all the newest Kext from November 2021. So before i go trough the process of updating the EFI, i was wondering if anyone already has a efi....

Does anyone has a efi with the newest version of Opencore (0.8.5)? I am considering doing a clean installl for macOS Ventura, But i am still at OpenCore 0.7.5 with all the newest Kext from November 2021. So before i go trough the process of updating the EFI, i was wondering if anyone already has a efi....
you can use hackintool to scan and download updated kexts

you can then upgrade opencore manually or some use OCAT to update your opencore

Last edited:
you can use hackintool to scan and download updated kexts

you can then upgrade opencore manually or some use OCAT to update your opencore
Thanks for the heads up ! I did not know about OCAT... I just updated OC 0.7 to 0.8.5 and all the kext !
I did a validation after the reboot to make sure that everything was good. I made a copy of my EFI folder, and now it is Update time !

Well, i think I have done something wrong, because wifi, Bluetooth and 3d acceleration are not working. Maybe the kext for the BCM94352Z are not supported (yet) in Ventura.

And for the HD620 graphics i have to look into the config.plist settings, maybe some things have changed....

So now wifi and bluetooth is working again... I did a kextupdate with OCAT, and not all the kext where up to date...
I checked all the kext again with Hackintool, and now everything is up to date, for real this time.

But i still do not have good working graphics... Only 7mb of VRAM. Maybe the macBook Pro 14,1 SMBIOS is not longer supported in Ventura ?

As far as i could test, everything works

So now wifi and bluetooth is working again... I did a kextupdate with OCAT, and not all the kext where up to date...
I checked all the kext again with Hackintool, and now everything is up to date, for real this time.

But i still do not have good working graphics... Only 7mb of VRAM. Maybe the macBook Pro 14,1 SMBIOS is not longer supported in Ventura ?

As far as i could test, everything works
14,1 works fine, I spoofed my 13,1 (skylake) to 14,1 with no issues

maybe check over the ig-platform setting

14,1 works fine, I spoofed my 13,1 (skylake) to 14,1 with no issues

maybe check over the ig-platform setting
I have compared my ig-platform settings, but i can't find anything different than before. It is really annoying because everything else is working fine. Maybe i can post my EFI folder here, so that anyone can have a look at it ?

Here is my EFI, and a screenshot from hackintool, i don't know where to look anymore, but it looks like the GPU is recognized wrong.....

Attachments

• photo_2022-10-29_19-48-33.jpg
    photo_2022-10-29_19-48-33.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 35
  • EFI Zenbook i5 7200u Ventura.zip
    19.4 MB · Views: 31
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back