Contribute
Register

[Guide] ASUS Zenbook UX310UA (& UX310UQK) macOS Mojave / Catalina with Clover (& Big Sur / Monterey using OpenCore EFI) Installation Guide

Motherboard
Asus Vivobook S15 / x510UAR
CPU
i5-8250U
Graphics
UHD 620
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
great guide, thank you. Any success with Clover booting Big Sur in the meantime, somebody?

Motherboard
HP Z220 CMT Workstation
CPU
i7-3770
Graphics
RX 480
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
  3. Other
great guide, thank you. Any success with Clover booting Big Sur in the meantime, somebody?
i wouln't try clover for Big Sur, the guide say Big Sur using OpenCore for a reason. I have build 3 hack's with OpenCore and i dont miss clover. The OpenCore guide is so extremely detailed, read it a few times and i assure u that you wil get it working

Last edited:
Motherboard
Asus Vivobook S15 / x510UAR
CPU
i5-8250U
Graphics
UHD 620
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
@ChriswiththeBeard @Shinji3rd Success here not just booting Big Sur via OC but now also via latest Clover:
- added Quirks from OC
- removed (for my hack) incompatible sub-kexts from kexts with plugins folders (until Clover allows blocking injection of specific kexts by name)
- in the 'Hide' section, removed 'Preboot'
- in Clover GUI, boot from Preboot (until the Clover dev team has achieved masking Big Sur Preboot to appear in the GUI as bootbale Big Sur, OC style)

Big Sur now booting as reliable via new OC flavor Clover as with OC itself - unity achieved :)

Motherboard
ASUS UX310UAK
CPU
I7 7500U
Graphics
Good day
I have a problem with my trackpad freezing, does anyone know how to solve this? I already tried to replace VoodooI2C but can't fix the freeze. Thanks

Motherboard
ASUS UX410
CPU
I7 Kabylake
Graphics
HD 620
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi everyone,

UX410 working great with OC 0.6.7 following this guide :

The only annoying prob it's the trackpad. Tried to use the old version "VoodooI2C.kext" 2.4.4
Trackpad doesn't work. Tried the last release 2.6.5 same issue.
The only way to use a mouse right now it's by bluetooth :(
Any advice to configure properly the trackpad please ? I know on Clover he was freezing some time but he worked.
Thanks all

Motherboard
ASUS Zenbook UX310UA
CPU
i7-7500U
Graphics
HD 620, 1920x1080
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
OpenCore updated to 0.7.0, and all kexts are up-to-date too. If any of you want to try it, remember to first generate and add a SMUUID, ROM, and MLB serial into config.plist. You can use OpenCore Configurator for that (Platform Info -> DataHub - Generic - PlatformNVRAM)

Motherboard
HP Z220 CMT Workstation
CPU
i7-3770
Graphics
RX 480
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
  3. Other
OpenCore updated to 0.7.0, and all kexts are up-to-date too. If any of you want to try it, remember to first generate and add a SMUUID, ROM, and MLB serial into config.plist. You can use OpenCore Configurator for that (Platform Info -> DataHub - Generic - PlatformNVRAM)
Thank you !!

will give it a try tonight !

Motherboard
zenbook ux310uq
CPU
i3-6100u
Graphics
hd graphics 520
I tried a new opencore, almost everything works, but the battery display is broken (always 1%) and the keyboard backlight still does not work.

ps: if anyone has a working keyboard backlight in big sur, please share, thanks.

Motherboard
ASUS Zenbook UX310UA
CPU
i7-7500U
Graphics
HD 620, 1920x1080
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I tried a new opencore, almost everything works, but the battery display is broken (always 1%) and the keyboard backlight still does not work.

ps: if anyone has a working keyboard backlight in big sur, please share, thanks.
Battery should work fine. Try resetting nvram.

About the keyboard backlight, try using this: https://github.com/black-dragon74/ROG-HID