Contribute
Register

[Guide] ASUS Zenbook UX310UA (& UX310UQK) macOS Mojave / Catalina with Clover (& Big Sur / Monterey using OpenCore EFI) Installation Guide

Motherboard
Asus UX310UAK
CPU
i7-7500U
Graphics
HD 620
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Im able to boot windows 10 from opencore 0.6.4.

I installed Windows after I installed MacOS, but on a separate m.2 SSD, and it boots perfectly into windows or MacOS
Can you share your EFI folder?

Motherboard
HP Z220 CMT Workstation
CPU
i7-3770
Graphics
RX 480
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
  3. Other
I'm using only one SSDT from here: https://github.com/hieplpvip/Asus-Zenbook-Hackintosh
It combines all of the SSDT's from this guide, but with some differences. With this Keyboard Backlight, Airplane Mode (F2) and Sleep (F1) are working

The SSDT's to look into to make Keyboard Backlight work are probably ASMC, FNKEYS and maybe ALS0. I also have more renames for functions keys in my config.plist
those 3 .aml files do not contain anything related to the FN keys, looks like it, and your SSDT's or EFI folder wont let my Laptop boot, so i am trying to get keyboard backlight to work for over a week now, still no succes

Motherboard
Asus UX310UAK
CPU
i7-7500U
Graphics
HD 620
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
those 3 .aml files do not contain anything related to the FN keys, looks like it, and your SSDT's or EFI folder wont let my Laptop boot, so i am trying to get keyboard backlight to work for over a week now, still no succes
They do indeed, at least ASMC and FNKEYS. Try disabling them and you lose brightness control.
Modifying ASMC, I got the Keyboard Backlight widget to show when hitting Fn+F3-F4, but unfortunately no light. I also got Fn+F1 (sleep) and Fn+F2 (Airplane mode) to work.

Please try with the attached EFI folder
If that doesn't work you try with the KabyLake config (also attached). It's the one that works with my setup
Good luck!

Attachments

• EFI-ZENBOOK-KEYBOARDBL.zip
    6 MB · Views: 81
  • config-Kaby.plist
    38.8 KB · Views: 65
Motherboard
HP Z220 CMT Workstation
CPU
i7-3770
Graphics
RX 480
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
  3. Other
They do indeed, at least ASMC and FNKEYS. Try disabling them and you lose brightness control.
Modifying ASMC, I got the Keyboard Backlight widget to show when hitting Fn+F3-F4, but unfortunately no light. I also got Fn+F1 (sleep) and Fn+F2 (Airplane mode) to work.

If that doesn't work you try with the KabyLake config (also attached). It's the one that works with my setup
Good luck!

Thank for the help, will look into it today. But i already tried to decompile all the .aml to .dsl but when I applied the f3 and f4 patches it said: 0 changes sow that was the problem

Motherboard
HP Z220 CMT Workstation
CPU
i7-3770
Graphics
RX 480
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
  3. Other

Good luck!
This is the problem, i can not apply the patches for F3 and F4, and booting with your EFI folder does not work sadly

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-01-08 at 08.24.28.png
    Screenshot 2021-01-08 at 08.24.28.png
    93 KB · Views: 38
  • Screenshot 2021-01-08 at 08.24.37.png
    Screenshot 2021-01-08 at 08.24.37.png
    148.6 KB · Views: 38
  • SSDT-ASMC.dsl
    5.5 KB · Views: 33
  • SSDT-FNKEYS.dsl
    1.1 KB · Views: 31
Motherboard
HP Z220 CMT Workstation
CPU
i7-3770
Graphics
RX 480
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
  3. Other
does my efi folder give you a kernel panic? if so, can you post it?
Nevermind, i think my bootusb was broken, i made a new guid partition afps boot usb and now i can boot with your EFI folder and i have backlight keyboard again !, with -V added to boot args. It looks like i can not boot into macos without -V

Last edited:
Motherboard
Asus UX310UAK
CPU
i7-7500U
Graphics
HD 620
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Nevermind, i think my bootusb was broken, i made a new guid partition afps boot usb and now i can boot with your EFI folder and i have backlight keyboard again !, with -V added to boot args. It looks like i can not boot into macos without -V
try resetting NVRAM