Contribute
Register

[Guide] ASUS Zenbook UX310UA (& UX310UQK) macOS Mojave / Catalina with Clover (& Big Sur / Monterey using OpenCore EFI) Installation Guide

Motherboard
ASUS UX310UAK
CPU
I7 7500U
Graphics
Hello @odox, try the attached config.plist
It's the same as the one in the first post, with added language "en-US:0" (656e2d55533a30 in HEX). You can set your preferred language (if not english) later in System Preferences, but this should get you past the Language Chooser screen. Remember to reset NVRAM before booting.
Hi Bruno

I already managed to update to big sur with the efi folder (thanks) everything works for me except the trackpad, I already updated kext and I can't get it to work, do you think I'm missing something? thanks.

Attachments

• Captura de Pantalla 2021-01-04 a la(s) 3.00.33 p. m..png
    Captura de Pantalla 2021-01-04 a la(s) 3.00.33 p. m..png
    123.5 KB · Views: 30
Motherboard
Asus UX310UAK
CPU
i7-7500U
Graphics
HD 620
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi Bruno

I already managed to update to big sur with the efi folder (thanks) everything works for me except the trackpad, I already updated kext and I can't get it to work, do you think I'm missing something? thank
the laptop's trackpad is not bluetooth, you need VodooI2C to get it working

Motherboard
Asus
CPU
q504ua
Graphics
hd520
When I try to put big sur together with the opencore bootloader, everything loads and freezes on the gray screen with the mouse moving. Previously, there were no problems with the beta versions of Big Sur. Please tell me what the problem might be. I've already tried different options, but nothing helps

Motherboard
ASUS UX310UAK
CPU
I7 7500U
Graphics
Motherboard
ASUS UX310UAK
CPU
I7 7500U
Graphics
When I try to put big sur together with the opencore bootloader, everything loads and freezes on the gray screen with the mouse moving. Previously, there were no problems with the beta versions of Big Sur. Please tell me what the problem might be. I've already tried different options, but nothing helps

Hello, Bruno I recommend this for the model of my pc ux310ua and it worked for me.

I quote text

I reverted back to 309 because the 312 update caused that exact same issue, even with Clover.
But you can try adding this kext https://github.com/acidanthera/CpuTscSync/releases to your OpenCore kexts

Motherboard
Asus
CPU
q504ua
Graphics
hd520
Hello, Bruno I recommend this for the model of my pc ux310ua and it worked for me.

I quote text

I reverted back to 309 because the 312 update caused that exact same issue, even with Clover.
But you can try adding this kext https://github.com/acidanthera/CpuTscSync/releases to your OpenCore kexts
already tried to copy kext CpuTscSync, registered in config. No result. My BIOS version is 301. I used to be able to install and everything worked without any problems, but then I updated the bootloader version and the Big Sur version, nothing works. Boot, an apple, then a gray screen and a moving mouse. And nothing happens. Can you give me your EFI folder so I can try.

Motherboard
ASUS UX310UAK
CPU
I7 7500U
Graphics
Hello
I attach my efi folder, it is practically the same as bruno, just update some kext.
I would like to have a table where the kext and its function are reflected
For example:
AirportItlwm_v1.0_Beta_BigSur.kext -------> Intel network driver only works with big sur
- IntelBluetooth -------------------------------> intel bluetooh driver

Motherboard
Asus UX310UAK
CPU
i7-7500U
Graphics
HD 620
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
already tried to copy kext CpuTscSync, registered in config. No result. My BIOS version is 301. I used to be able to install and everything worked without any problems, but then I updated the bootloader version and the Big Sur version, nothing works. Boot, an apple, then a gray screen and a moving mouse. And nothing happens. Can you give me your EFI folder so I can try.
This guide is for UX310UA. You have a different model

Motherboard
HP Z220 CMT Workstation
CPU
i7-3770
Graphics
RX 480
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
  3. Other
I am on opencore and I could not.. USB C port is working for storage devices though.. I am also struggling to get my HDMI out working.
Asus Vivobook R541/ Core i5-7200u
-I am getting graphics acceleration and correct VRAM in sys info though.
HDMI was never a problem for me, But using a 4k screen running at 60H is sadly impossible for me