Contribute
Register

[Guide] ASUS Zenbook UX310UA (& UX310UQK) macOS Mojave / Catalina with Clover (& Big Sur / Monterey using OpenCore EFI) Installation Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have followed the guide to install High Sierra on an ASUS UX330UA. Most things are working except:
  • Bluetooth
  • Keyboard Backlight
  • Audio* - works with voodoHDA kext
Looking for some suggestions. I figure I will have to patch the DSDT again and wanted some ideas on what patches to use.

This is my wifi/BT card - Broadcom BCM94352Z DW1560 6XRYC 802.11 AC 867 Mbps Bluetooth 4.0 WIFI WLAN Card. I was able to get Audio working with the VoodooHDA kext but from reading this guide, that probably isn't the best way.

See FAQ for required BT software for Broadcom:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Connecting an external monitor via the mini HDMI is also not working. I added the FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext hoping that would help but it didn't.

If I start the laptop with the monitor connected, it detects it but once it gets to log in screen, laptop monitor goes dark and stays dark. External monitor works. Closing the lid makes the laptop think only the external monitor is there and opening it makes it think both monitors are there...but laptop is always black. If I connect monitor after boot, it does not detect it at all. Still trying to get sleep/wake to work. Doesn't wake.

Last edited:
Connecting an external monitor via the mini HDMI is also not working. I added the FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext hoping that would help but it didn't.

If I start the laptop with the monitor connected, it detects it but once it gets to log in screen, laptop monitor goes dark and stays dark. External monitor works. Closing the lid makes the laptop think only the external monitor is there and opening it makes it think both monitors are there...but laptop is always black. If I connect monitor after boot, it does not detect it at all. Still trying to get sleep/wake to work. Doesn't wake.

It is possible the ig-platform-id you're using does not include the port required for your HDMI port.
Patching the framebuffer connector data is the way to fix it.

Not sure I did the right thing to patch framebuffer connector. Still don't have hdmi port working properly. No keyboard backlight which is annoying because I know it CAN work. Could use some help getting the sleep, lid close/ open working since that keeps it from being truly usable. Attaching config.plist and DSDT. Anything else I should attach? Thanks

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    170.1 KB · Views: 159
  • config.plist
    12.2 KB · Views: 212
Not sure I did the right thing to patch framebuffer connector. Still don't have hdmi port working properly. No keyboard backlight which is annoying because I know it CAN work. Could use some help getting the sleep, lid close/ open working since that keeps it from being truly usable. Attaching config.plist and DSDT. Anything else I should attach? Thanks

Did you follow all steps in post #1?

Did you follow all steps in post #1?
As far as I know yes. Step 11 about the audio didn't work for me and I used VoodooHDA. I was pretty careful using iasl and patching the dsdt and ssdts. trying to patch to fix keyboard backlight right now based on some things I found in another post but getting this error: object not accessible from this scope (pwkb)

As far as I know yes. Step 11 about the audio didn't work for me and I used VoodooHDA. I was pretty careful using iasl and patching the dsdt and ssdts. trying to patch to fix keyboard backlight right now based on some things I found in another post but getting this error: object not accessible from this scope (pwkb)

You should follow the guide exactly...

If you have an issue...
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

I followed the guide step by step exactly. attaching zip with problem reporting files

Attachments

• debug_18748.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 87
I try to understand step 9 and 10 but when I try to compile I get error like syntax error ......

i dont know how to continue , I have Asus ux310UQ , i search on google my Nic and I find applewifimvm . kext , but don't working , can someone help me? thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back