Contribute
Register

[Guide] ASUS Zenbook UX310UA (& UX310UQK) macOS Mojave / Catalina with Clover (& Big Sur / Monterey using OpenCore EFI) Installation Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me the most works fine.
Some of the FN Shortcuts don't work.

- Sound Keys works fine but FN + F8 for example dont switch in the Mirrow Mode when two Displays are connected.
- When i put in a Display by USB-C the MAC reset the pc and can't boot until i remove the USB-C Cable.

Any ideara how i can fix that?

- When i put in a Display by USB-C the MAC reset the pc and can't boot until i remove the USB-C Cable.

You have to use MacBook Pro 14.1 in your SMBIOS. Are you using it? If you use 14.3, you'll likely have problems with the display over USB-C.

Almost everything done. I have installed MacOS Mojave (10.14.1) alongside Windows 10 on my SSD (a pre-existing Windows installation). I can't see my macOS startup disk in my BIOS boot options but that's fine for now. I can use my installation USB for booting into macOS. All the basics are pretty fine. Basic keyboard keys work and I have been using an external USB WiFi adapter (instead of changing my LAN card) and it's working great.

But I do have a problem. I can't generate the DSDT and SSDT files in my EFI/Clover/ACPI folder. They just aren't there. When booting using the USB, I have tried pressing both the F4 and the Fn+F4 keys (at different times). But that just doesn't work. So the Clover/ACPI folder is completely empty and I can't patch those files. Can anyone please help me? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Hello,
Sorry for my poor english.

First, many many thanks for your amazing hard work and this complete guide.
I used your guide for my Asus UX303UA, installing Mojave 10.14.1, and the gold ranking is not so far.

I have some questions (and little problems) if it's possible :
- When I try to compile SSDT 3 and 5, I have compilation errors (like missing } for exemple). I copied all others SSDT in APCI/patched. Is it a problem if 2 are missing?
- The brightness FN keys are working good. But, if I set my brightness manually, it decrease automatiquely to 25-30% after 20s. Any idea to resolve this?
- I don't have multi touch working. How do you do please? Is any kext or patch needed I forgot? (I used VoodooI2C.kext 2.1.4 instead of 1.0.0 Asus)...

Many thanks for your answers.
I'll do a guide for my Asus model when I fix this little problems.

Bye.

Last edited:
Hello,

I used your guide for my Asus UX303UA, installing Mojave 10.14.1, and the gold ranking is not so far.

- When I try to compile SSDT 3 and 5, I have compilation errors (like missing } for exemple). I copied all others SSDT in APCI/patched. Is it a problem if 2 are missing?
- The brightness FN keys are working good. But, if I set my brightness manually, it decrease automatiquely to 25-30% after 20s. Any idea to resolve this?
- I don't have multi touch working. How do you do please? Is any kext or patch needed I forgot? (I used VoodooI2C.kext 2.1.4 instead of 1.0.0 Asus)...

Bye.

Hi nemorigolo. I'm sorry I'm not replying to provide a solution to your problem. I have run into a problem myself after step 5. My question is that after the installation from the USB finished (using the Mojave installer), did you boot into your disk directly or did you do something extra in between? Was there an Apple logo with a progress bar? How long did it take for the bar to become full and get yourself inside MacOS?
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Hi nemorigolo. I'm sorry I'm not replying to provide a solution to your problem. I have run into a problem myself after step 5. My question is that after the installation from the USB finished (using the Mojave installer), did you boot into your disk directly or did you do something extra in between? Was there an Apple logo with a progress bar? How long did it take for the bar to become full and get yourself inside MacOS?
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Hi,
When you start installer, it will revoot 2 or 3 times (for me).
Each time, you must boot (at bios) to installer usb but when Clover arrive, you must select the new partition entry to continue install.
A apple logo will appear with install time remaining.
Since install is not finished and Clover is not installed to your ssd/hdd, you must boot from usb (at bios) for boot to clover. After, you can select your ssd/hdd partition.

I hope my answer is good for you.
Bye

Hi,
When you start installer, it will revoot 2 or 3 times (for me).
Each time, you must boot (at bios) to installer usb but when Clover arrive, you must select the new partition entry to continue install.
A apple logo will appear with install time remaining.
Since install is not finished and Clover is not installed to your ssd/hdd, you must boot from usb (at bios) for boot to clover. After, you can select your ssd/hdd partition.

I hope my answer is good for you.
Bye
Thanks a lot. Really appreciate it.

Hello,

Bye.

I reply to my answers because I fix one problem. If I don't use patch "ALS Haswell" for my DSDT, the brightness don't decrease automatically. I think it's because of ambient sensor (I don't think I have anyone ambient sensor in my Asus). So one problem fixed.

I tried VoodooI2C.kext 1.0.0 Asus but it doesn't work too. For this, I don't know.

And my keyboard backlight doesn't work too.

Thanks for your help.
Bye

Hi! Yes, I'm using AppleALC now, it is really better. But I haven't tested the mic. I am using a USB headset so I never needed the headphones analog port.

About 2 fingers to swap pages, it does not work with the current VoodooI2C version. But there is an alternate version with native gestures that supports all those gestures, even rotate, or open notifications center with two fingers slide from the right. You can try it out if you want. Find it attached here.
What are your settings for audio in clover for audio with alc and lilu? WOuld you mind sharing? I am trying layout id 3 with irq but not getting anything. I have an S405UA which appears to have same hardware audio wise.

What are your settings for audio in clover for audio with alc and lilu? WOuld you mind sharing? I am trying layout id 3 with irq but not getting anything. I have an S405UA which appears to have same hardware audio wise.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back