Contribute
Register

[Guide] ASUS Zenbook UX310UA (& UX310UQK) macOS Mojave / Catalina with Clover (& Big Sur / Monterey using OpenCore EFI) Installation Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you using the patches to prevent applei2c kexts from loading? You must use them.

I need help getting my trackpad recognized by MacOS. When I place VoodooI2C.kext and VoodooI2CHID.kext into EFI/Clover/kexts/10.12 and EFI/Clover/kexts/Other I get a kernel panic upon reboot. When I remove them I can boot just fine.

Also how can I get the fn keyboard backlight and brightness controls to work?

@0.o,
Hi.., First! you write that put kexts in two folders, this can not be done! only Others!
Second, you do not read the manual?!! https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-asus-zenbook-ux310ua--sierra-high-sierra-installation-guide.224591/
ux310uak.png

Attachments

• EMlyDinEsHKeyboardBacklight PatchKBL.txt.zip
    1.7 KB · Views: 186
Last edited:
Hi all how I can fix some problems
The problems are:
black screen after sleep/wake
automatic brightness won't be disabled
thanks all

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Also, please fix your profile as per FAQ.

I'm trying to gain control over fan speed by using a custom ssdt. I managed to have System Fan RPM to show in HWMonitor, but the fan never shuts off when CPU temp is below 32°, and the minimum RPM is around 2900.
I'm sure I'm missing something in the SSDT settings, but I really can't figure out what that is...
Any help would be much appreciated!

Attachments

• debug_25426.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 182
I'm trying to gain control over fan speed by using a custom ssdt. I managed to have System Fan RPM to show in HWMonitor, but the fan never shuts off when CPU temp is below 32°, and the minimum RPM is around 2900.
I'm sure I'm missing something in the SSDT settings, but I really can't figure out what that is...
Any help would be much appreciated!

If you expect your FCPU method to be called, you need ACPIPoller.kext.
Your kextcache output proves it is not installed.

If you expect your FCPU method to be called, you need ACPIPoller.kext.
Your kextcache output proves it is not installed.

Installed ACPIPoller.kext to both /Clover/kexts/Other and /S/L/E/, but apparently nothing's changed.
Fan speed never goes under 3000rpm

Attachments

• debug_25107.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 186
Installed ACPIPoller.kext to both /Clover/kexts/Other and /S/L/E/, but apparently nothing's changed.
Fan speed never goes under 3000rpm

You should use ACPIDebug.kext to debug your fan code.

You should use ACPIDebug.kext to debug your fan code.
Installed ACPIDebug.kext and patched DSDT following the readme instructions, but I don't know where to look in the system.log... I'm afraid I didn't patch the DSDT to call the debug for the fan code

Attachments

• debug_3869.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 176
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back