Contribute
Register

[Guide] ASUS Zenbook UX310UA (& UX310UQK) macOS Mojave / Catalina with Clover (& Big Sur / Monterey using OpenCore EFI) Installation Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
As for other things that might cause stability problems.... eliminate unneeded kexts and software to narrow the problem a bit.
what kext do you reckon being unnecessary in my /S/E/?

Correct: 1x USB3 (3), 1x USB3 Type-C (3), 2x USB2 (0) and 1x USB2 Card Reader (should it be 0 or 255?). There's also 2x internal USB2 (255) for webcam and Bluetooth

Make sure you test your USB-C in both orientations (it may use more than 1x SSxx).
And UsbConnector for USB-C should be 9 or 10 (depending on whether it has internal switch -- read the guide carefully as it is mentioned).
I don't see a USB card reader in the ioreg you attached.
If there was one, it should be UsbConnector=255 (as it would be "always connected"/internal).

what kext do you reckon being unnecessary in my /S/E/?

Things like:
- all FakeSMC sensors
- DigiDal.kext
- PACESupportSnowLeopard.kext
- PACESupportTiger.kext
- PACESupportPanther.kext
- Little Snitch

Note that also IntelGraphicsFixup.kext is replaced by WhateverGreen.kext. FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext replaced by AirportBrcmFixup.kext. FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext not needed with WhateverGreen.kext.

I'm trying to switch to WhateverGreen.kext following this guide, but I get a Kernel Panic and instant reboot during boot process
Since I can't boot the system with WhateverGreen, I wasn't able to post the debug file.
Attached is the config.plist I was using with WhateverGreen.kext.
Am I missing something?

Attachments

• configwhat.plist
    13.2 KB · Views: 274
I'm trying to switch to WhateverGreen.kext following this guide, but I get a Kernel Panic and instant reboot during boot process
Since I can't boot the system with WhateverGreen, I wasn't able to post the debug file.
Attached is the config.plist I was using with WhateverGreen.kext.
Am I missing something?

"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Managed to get WhateverGreen.kext working and tweaked USB configuration following @RehabMan 's advices seems to have fixed my USB sleep issues.
Thanks a lot for the help and for pushing me to look deeper into ACPI patching.

Attachments

• debug_29214.zip
    5.2 MB · Views: 176
It happened again (the USB a nd reboot thing), but this time after reboot I got a message saying that system was restarted because of a problem. I'm attaching the report details of what I think was a kernel panic.

Attachments

• apple_log.txt.zip
    12.4 KB · Views: 168
  • debug_22861.zip
    5.3 MB · Views: 179
It happened again (the USB a nd reboot thing), but this time after reboot I got a message saying that system was restarted because of a problem. I'm attaching the report details of what I think was a kernel panic.

Your kextcache shows obvious problems...

Note:
Code:
LiluFriend.kext - dependency 'as.vit9696.VirtualSMC' not found.
Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7faa14002630 [0x7fffa7c20af0]> { URL = "AppleALC.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "as.vit9696.AppleALC" }
Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7faa140cfd20 [0x7fffa7c20af0]> { URL = "BT4LEContiunityFixup.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "as.lvs1974.BT4LEContiunityFixup" }
LiluFriend.kext - dependency 'com.hieplpvip.AsusSMC' not found.
LiluFriend.kext - dependency 'as.vit9696.SMCProcessor' not found.
LiluFriend.kext - dependency 'com.hieplpvip.AppleBacklightFixup' not found.
Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7faa13ca5100 [0x7fffa7c20af0]> { URL = "Lilu.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "as.vit9696.Lilu" }
LiluFriend.kext is missing dependencies (including anyway; dependencies may be available from elsewhere)

Your kextcache output proves kexts are not installed correctly.
All kexts you need must be installed to the system volume (that includes VirtualSMC.kext).
Read post #2 of the Clover guide for details:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

removed LiluFriend.kext and any trace of VirtualSMC. Should be good now...

Attachments

• debug_7289.zip
    5.4 MB · Views: 189
removed LiluFriend.kext and any trace of VirtualSMC. Should be good now...

OK. (perhaps you were using VirtualSMC.kext at some point, but then went back to FakeSMC.kext)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back