Contribute
Register

[Guide] ASUS Zenbook UX310UA (& UX310UQK) macOS Mojave / Catalina with Clover (& Big Sur / Monterey using OpenCore EFI) Installation Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry Rehabman, but this goes beyond my knowledge...
I managed to look at the kernel log (which I believe was also in the debug file I uploaded), but I really don't know what should I look for...

You would need to instrument the ACPI code you want to trace with RMDT calls such that you can tell if your FCPU method is being called, and what the execution path is. Basic debugging via trace mechanism.

You would need to instrument the ACPI code you want to trace with RMDT calls such that you can tell if your FCPU method is being called, and what the execution path is. Basic debugging via trace mechanism.
That's exactly what is beyond my very poor ACPI knowledge...
I assume I have to call something like \rmdt.p1("some parameter") somewhere in the DSDT or in the custom SSDT-FAN-MOD.aml, but I really can't figure out where and how

That's exactly what is beyond my very poor ACPI knowledge...
I assume I have to call something like \rmdt.p1("some parameter") somewhere in the DSDT or in the custom SSDT-FAN-MOD.aml, but I really can't figure out where and how

In the custom SSDT-FANMOD.aml.
If you're not the dev that wrote SSDT-FANMOD, then you're probably not the person to be debugging it.

I gave up trying to control fan speed, but I noticed an issue that has never been there before: after wake up from sleep none of the USB ports is working. Only thing that keeps working is Wi-Fi. USB Inject ALL was set up months ago and nothing's changed in the machine since then.

Attachments

• debug_30664.zip
    3 MB · Views: 136
I gave up trying to control fan speed, but I noticed an issue that has never been there: after wake up from sleep none of the external USB ports is working and also BT and webcam are gone.
I'm also experiencing random reboots after a couple of sleep-wake cycles.

Attachments

• debug_30664.zip
    3 MB · Views: 126
I gave up trying to control fan speed, but I noticed an issue that has never been there before: after wake up from sleep none of the USB ports is working. Only thing that keeps working is Wi-Fi. USB Inject ALL was set up months ago and nothing's changed in the machine since then.

Your kextcache output proves kexts are not installed correctly.
All kexts you need must be installed to the system volume.
Read post #2 of the Clover guide for details:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

I didn't check anything else.

installed all the kexts in /clover/kexts/other to /SL/E/

Attachments

• debug_2870.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 107
I missed the 10.11+ part.

Should be ok now...

Attachments

• debug_17956.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 139
Status
Not open for further replies.