Contribute
Register

[Guide] ASUS Zenbook UX310UA (& UX310UQK) macOS Mojave / Catalina with Clover (& Big Sur / Monterey using OpenCore EFI) Installation Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
And one last question: do I have to "unpatch" the layout ID = 3 in DSDT before installing VoodooHDA?

And one last question: do I have to "unpatch" the layout ID = 3 in DSDT before installing VoodooHDA?
@brunogermain, VoodooHDA (available in Multibeast) is a alternative driver. No changes to the config.plst or DSDT are needed.
1) Delete AppleALC.kext!!!,
2) Insert the VoodooHDA.kext in folder: EFI => CLOVER => kexts =>Other,
3) Delete ALL duplicate kexts from the folder!!!!: EFI => CLOVER => kexts => 10.13
4) If the VoodooHDA.kext does not load, then insert file AppleHDADisabler.kext in folder: EFI => CLOVER => kexts => Other
5) Install the VoodooHDAPrefpanel clicking the file.

Working archive for Asus ux310ua is attached…

Attachments

• VoodooHDA 2.9.1.zip
    562.6 KB · Views: 190
Last edited:
Thanks a lot @sipjog ! This version of VoodooHDA works great on my setup.

Thanks also to @Shinji3rd for the new VoodooI2C kext. Scrolling works much better than with standard VoodooI2C.

@sipjog After using VoodooHDA for one day, I reverted back to AppleALC. Audio quality was much worse with VoodooHDA: got weird distortion with some music programs, which play perfectly fine with AppleALC.

Thanks anyway for your help!

@sipjog After using VoodooHDA for one day, I reverted back to AppleALC. Audio quality was much worse with VoodooHDA: got weird distortion with some music programs, which play perfectly fine with AppleALC.

Thanks anyway for your help!

@brunogermain, Yes, AppleALC works with native AppleHDA. I wrote that VoodooHDA is an alternative driver, it works without AppleHDA. But, there should be no distortions. Many different settings are separate from the mixer AppleHDA. For example, in the Prefpanel or info.plist (atached) VoodooHDA.kext=>Contents=>info.plist. I set up for myself and do not use special music programs that use their libraries. I only used AppleALC, but I could not get it works headset microphone… I corrected your config.plist for AppleALC. Do you have old kexts, install new versions!
voodoopref.png plist voodoohda.png

Attachments

• config.plist.zip
    2.8 KB · Views: 191
  • kexts.zip
    10.7 MB · Views: 190
@sipjog what was wrong with my config.plist? AppleALC has always worked very well...

By the way, i was getting distorted sound with VLC. Tried messing with VoodooHDA prefpane, but distortion was still there

@sipjog what was wrong with my config.plist? AppleALC has always worked very well...
@brunogermain , Recommendations for AppleALC:
- Patches for renaming sound devices: HDAS-> HDEF, B0D3-> HDAU - are not required.
- remove ALL patches for sound (if they were in your config.plist) from the KextsToPatch section.
- disable ALL audio patches in the Clover configuration file (FixHDA, AddHDMI and UseIntelHDMI).
- In the Clover configuration, specify Devices → Audio → Inject NO, just the string.
- remove DummyHDA.kext, realtekALC.kext, EAPDFix.kext, VoodooHDA.kext, AppleHDADisabler.kext (if used).
- rebuild the cache cache if you deleted the old cakes by sound from / Library / Extensions or / System / Library / Extensions.
- for digital sound (HDMI / DP / DVI) Intel (+ WhateverGreen.kext), AMD, Nvidia - starts automatically in AppleALC.

You can edit the config.plist yourself, it has patches that do not need asus ux310ua. I noticed small edit in the attached pictures…

Attachments

• config edit example.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 185
  • config load.zip
    356.9 KB · Views: 188
thanks a lot @sipjog ! edited my config.plist by your suggestions and I guess my installation is much cleaner now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back