Contribute
Register

[Guide] ASUS ZENBOOK UX305FA using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm too getting random GPU hangs. I tested the installation for a while and tried different DSDTs and SSDTs (also updated the BIOS), but nothing could resolve the problem. Just like vindu reported in post #550. Sadly updating to El Capitan is not a real option. For several reasons I need Yosemite at the moment, for instance Hornids driver (for USB tethering) is not working on El Capitan.

I copied the failure log form the console (full log is attached), here just the beginning:

Mon Jul 11 22:42:14 2016

Event: GPU Reset
Data/Time: Mon Jul 11 22:42:14 2016
Application:
Path:
OS Version: Mac OS X Version 10.10.5 (Build 14F27)
Graphics Hardware: Intel HD Graphics 5300
Signature: 823

Report Data:

===========================================================================
Intel GPU Hang Summary
version 1.1.0

BDW Graphics is running in Execlist mode
Scheduler interface revision 1
Processing hang for hardware context ID[3]

-- Summary of Status for ALL Rings --
MAIN Ring is hung in the ring <-- ROOT CAUSE!
MEDIA Ring is NOT enabled
BLIT Ring is NOT enabled
VEBOX Ring is NOT enabled
MEDIA2 Ring is NOT enabled

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks for reading!

Attachments

• GPU_hang.txt
    60.1 KB · Views: 257
I'm too getting random GPU hangs. I tested the installation for a while and tried different DSDTs and SSDTs (also updated the BIOS), but nothing could resolve the problem. Just like vindu reported in post #550. Sadly updating to El Capitan is not a real option. For several reasons I need Yosemite at the moment, for instance Hornids driver (for USB tethering) is not working on El Capitan.

I copied the failure log form the console (full log is attached), here just the beginning:

Mon Jul 11 22:42:14 2016

Event: GPU Reset
Data/Time: Mon Jul 11 22:42:14 2016
Application:
Path:
OS Version: Mac OS X Version 10.10.5 (Build 14F27)
Graphics Hardware: Intel HD Graphics 5300
Signature: 823

Report Data:

Intel GPU Hang Summary
version 1.1.0

BDW Graphics is running in Execlist mode
Scheduler interface revision 1
Processing hang for hardware context ID[3]

-- Summary of Status for ALL Rings --
MAIN Ring is hung in the ring <-- ROOT CAUSE!
MEDIA Ring is NOT enabled
BLIT Ring is NOT enabled
VEBOX Ring is NOT enabled
MEDIA2 Ring is NOT enabled

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks for reading!

Install El Capitan instead.

Install El Capitan instead.

Thanks RehabMan! But that's probably the worst option, as I will loose my internet connection with El Capitan due too the lack of appropriate drivers for El Capitan. This means internet only via Linux :(

Thanks RehabMan! But that's probably the worst option, as I will loose my internet connection with El Capitan due too the lack of appropriate drivers for El Capitan. This means internet only via Linux :(

What networking device are you using?

Smartphone tethering over USB via Horndis driver, which is not available for El Capitan. Internet only reasonably usable with LTE here - very stupid.

Smartphone tethering over USB via Horndis driver, which is not available for El Capitan. Internet only reasonably usable with LTE here - very stupid.

Have you looked into replacing the built-in WiFi? (or USB WiFi, although that is also known to cause problems).

Have you looked into replacing the built-in WiFi? (or USB WiFi, although that is also known to cause problems).

But how is that supposed to change the fact, that I can't find another internet infrastructure besides LTE within the next 5 kilometers? Furthermore I don't have an El Capitan image and I can't login into the App Store (never used it anyways, only GNU programs here) ... just wasted another 3 hours trying to access the Appstore.
For me I've reached a point where OS X is too much trouble, especially as I don't know if El Captian itself will cause new problems. So thanks for the help but at this point I cease the efforts. Solving one problem only cause the next problem.

But how is that supposed to change the fact, that I can't find another internet infrastructure besides LTE within the next 5 kilometers?

That does not seem like a hackintosh related problem, and not one that I can solve for you...

Furthermore I don't have an El Capitan image

El Capitan is only available from the Mac App Store. Please read the rules (you already agreed to them): http://www.tonymacx86.com/rules/

I am curious as to whether or not this will work with a UX51vz. Before I try it, is there anything that should 100% just tell me not to try? I'm willing to try for kicks

I am curious as to whether or not this will work with a UX51vz. Before I try it, is there anything that should 100% just tell me not to try? I'm willing to try for kicks

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

Mobo: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Note: When specifying your bootloader, if using Clover legacy, please be sure to specify "Clover legacy"). Specifying "Clover" will be assumed as "Clover UEFI"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back